Rage for PvP?

Cruces

If you're not geared, go Rage. You'll do fairly well no matter what.

If you're geared (Champ or BM) then it's lackluster compared to Annihilation in most cases, unless it's Void Star or a very silly Huttball/Alderaan game where everyone clumps up (very very rare).

Rage is also the most affected by lag, be it server side, client side, or FPS lag. A missed Smash due to lag can cost you your life.

Enjoy face roll? Rage it up. Duel any intelligent class and theyll know when your smash is coming and avoid it accordingly. For example, I am a mara anni with phantom (100% dmg reduction when stealthed), when i see the subtle wind up before smash ( you know when ur character kind of jumps, then stops, then actually jumps) i camo. Negating your only real damage and a lot of the crush damage. If you like to just jump into a crowd and explode, by all means but do not expect anything more. Our rage tree is a poor mans jugg rage tree.

Rage's biggest weakness, as pointed out, is with smashes missing, due to either lag or knockbacks. On the flip side, most of your dps comes from autocrit force attacks (smash), so you can allocate gear enhancements more towards power and surge and skimp a bit on the crit and accuracy.

If you run with a set group, rage also has the advantage of being able to provide 100% uptime on predation. Annihilate proponents can laugh at the spec all they want, but my group will be moving 50% faster the entire match.

In the end, biggest factor is playstyle, and which spec fits you better.

Kinda like what everyone said.

I was rage as I levels and I hit 50. . .went pvping. with the same gear I see better survivability against healers and can actually take them down or hold one to a stand off. . .I need better gear and more practice.

What I noticed was this, as Anhili. .. you see slower burst dmg. . .I take a little dmg before it stabilizes and comes back, do not be alarmed. but it works. the heals keep you up enough to compete. manage cool downs.

with rage, either I wasn't good or just don't get it, the other guys see the lolsmash coming and like other say I would get knocked back or they would vanish. .. 75% of the time I would hit the ability and see it go blacked out, but no dmg scroll up. . .dunno why. I suggest trying it, see if you like it. . .OH and if you understand how the resolve works, your two biggest attacks that build up the shock waves also count as roots. so in 2 set ups the other guy is not going to be rooted by jack. . .they can walk to the goal line if they have heals.

Neither Force Crush nor crippling slash affects resolve. Roots from force charge or ravage and the healing debuff when specced into on carnage don't affect resolve bars either, and similarly, bypass resolve.

Off hand, the only skills I can think of from marauder that add to resolve are force choke and intimidating roar.