Info about bosses in operations

I don't know what's defense chance have bosses in operations. I can't gear normally myself because I don't know how much accuracy I need. I miss on bosses with 104% force accuracy (ranged dps) and with 98% melee accuracy (melee dps) I miss fewer than with ranged one. Why? Maybe the bosses have defense chance which absorbs force and tech damage? So it's 10% higher than melee and ranged defense chance? Can you just give me the answer on the last question? Edited by Pashtetson
addition

Melee AC needs 110% melee accuracy. Force-Range AC needs 110% force-accuracy etc. In my case, Sorc dps, 110% equals about 400 accuracy rating. Even with 109,9% there is a chance to miss. Some ppl prefer 108% to pump a bit more into power but it's luck based and for some classes like the sorc it's a massive dps loss if one of your main abilitys miss in certain situations. Same with a Tank, if you're beneath 110% your aggro-spells could miss wich could cause wipes in certain fights.

However i am not sure if the rating is the same for every AC. Not sure if you have to have 400 or less Accuracy rating on your gear with tech base classes etc. I just don't know that because i don't play a tech based class. Just stick with 110% and you're good to go.

Edited by Sacery

Melee AC needs 110% melee accuracy. Force-Range AC needs 110% force-accuracy etc. In my case, Sorc dps, 110% equals about 400 accuracy rating. Even with 109,9% there is a chance to miss. Some ppl prefer 108% to pump a bit more into power but it's luck based and for some classes like the sorc it's a massive dps loss if one of your main abilitys miss in certain situations. Same with a Tank, if you're beneath 110% your aggro-spells could miss wich could cause wipes in certain fights.

However i am not sure if the rating is the same for every AC. Not sure if you have to have 400 or less Accuracy rating on your gear with tech base classes etc. I just don't know that because i don't play a tech based class. Just stick with 110% and you're good to go.

Mostly correct, but felt I should jump in and correct the mistakes :)

Bosses do not have any defense rating, but all elite mobs have 5% resist chance to force/tech dmg and champion mobs (like bosses) have a 10% resist chance to Force/Tech dmg.

Melee and Ranged attacks have a base of 90% accuracy. This means you should get 10% more if you want to hit every single time.

Force and Tech attacks have a base of 100% accuracy. Therefore you need none against mobs without a resist chance. For Elite rating mobs you should have 5% more in Force/Tech and for champion mobs (which is what you gear to beat in operations) you should get 10% more accuracy to hit every single time.

As the quoted player wrote: Some people prefer to leave their accuracy a percent or two behind the "hit-every-single-attack" mark to stack more power. You can consult theorycrafters on this forum and oter forums to see if that would work for your spec :)

When it comes to tanks: Taunts NEVER miss. Even with 90% to hit with an attacka tank should easily be able to maintain threat, and can use taunts to boost it in most fights IF he needs it. Everyone can get 1% accuracy for completing all the conversations with a melee tank companion and some can get more from their spec (3% for assassin tanks). A tank should focus on mitigation stats and no good tank has ever swapped in accuracy modifications instead of mitigation (defense, absorb and shield. Some would also include endurance, depending on which type of game they have tanked in before).

Hope this helps :)

Melee AC needs 110% melee accuracy

Nobody needs 110% melee (basic) accuracy. If you look at just the basic number on the melee accuracy and try to get that to 110 you are doing it wrong and cant even get there. Watch the tooltip that pops when moving mouse over the melee accuracy to discover the separate number for melee special attack

Everybody wants 100% melee basic attack accuracy which gives them also 110% melee special attack and 110% force accuracy.

Accuracy beyond this would only benefit one's basic attack and which just is too little to matter.

Every class has only 1 (one) basic attack that has 90% base accuracy. All other melee/ranged attacks are special attacks with 100% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces target's defense chance

Force/Tech attacks (which are not same thing as special attacks mentioned above) also have 100% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces target's resist chance.

Mostly correct, but felt I should jump in and correct the mistakes :)

Bosses do not have any defense rating

And make even more mistakes yourself.

- Both of you fail to understand the difference between melee special attacks and melee basic attack

- Bosses do have 10% defense chance. This is why even melee special attacks with 100% base accuracy do not always hit unless you increase your melee accuracy to 100% which gives 110% special attack accuracy.

The basic attack (saber strike/assault/strike) can still be parried at this point but not worth overstacking accuracy for just one attack.

And make even more mistakes yourself.

- Both of you fail to understand the difference between melee special attacks and melee basic attack

- Bosses do have 10% defense chance. This is why even melee special attacks with 100% base accuracy do not always hit unless you increase your melee accuracy to 100% which gives 110% special attack accuracy.

The basic attack (saber strike/assault/strike) can still be parried at this point but not worth overstacking accuracy for just one attack.

Thanks for clearing things up:)

Been a tank myself since lvl 44 (that makes early January 2012) and have only read alot about the offensive stats, not been able to test them properly myself.

Sorry for spreading misinformation (at least some) and hope this post then made it all clear.

My point was still correct tho, even if the reason was abit off

Stack accuracy till you got 100%-110% (either Melee-special melee/Force for force-users or Ranged-special ranged/Tech for the non-force users)

Well sorry about the melee statement. Not playing any melee class in Raid-content so i just assumed it would/should be the same. Still early over here (; and i went a bit overboard with my explanation. Edited by Sacery