Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Individual

please tell me you don't actually play a sin/shadow. let me dumb it down for you. 1 man guarding pylon. stealthy mezzes him and immediately begins to cap. mezz'd person has to use breaker cuz mezz time is 2s longer than it takes to cap a pylon. stealthy then has two options: combat stealth and remezz = win!) or whirlwind/force lift (usually if it's an instant). guard no longer has breaker. sin/shadow still may even retain his combat stealth. absolutely NOTHING guard could have done differently. (and yes, he called for help on the first stun, giving his team a max of 10s to get there in the largest wz in the game).

the pylon channel needs to be longer. there's already a distance gap to make up for the ease of defending a CW corner. the quick cap is a joke. the entire scenario is cheap.

as for the healing in a duel thing, if you can't dps down a sorc/merc with all the cc a sin has before he whittles you down to nothing, that's on you. really. that's a you issue. I'm not saying take away combat stealth. I'm saying it's a cheap trick in a duel and the pylons in ahg exacerbate the...cheapness. disagree with me all you want. it's an opinion. but don't pretend for a second that being a healing class with horrible dps who heals himself in a fight is remotely similar to a dps with...you know...good dps exiting combat, calling a forced time out, and then healing up with his ooch. cheap? yes/no. up to you. the same thing? now you're just trollin

First of all it is pretty much impossible to SAP someone then somehow instantly Exit stealth and cap at the exact same moment. No matter what the circumstances there will be a small gap where the sap ends and you can hit the sin capping because the sap is the same as the cap time

And no, in duels it's not the same. In duels a merc/sorc can actually heal in the middle of combat. You don't even have to be out of combat they can heal any time they know it won't be interrupted. It's a pretty big dif that really favors healing classes that are smart enough to kite properly

For the pylons if they are less than 8s to cap then that's a warzone design problem not a sin/op design problem. Every other wz is 8s. You even said yourself "pylon time should be longer" because that's the fix, not nerfing sins. And his is a qq about sins thread not a pylon or wz thread so why are you postin it here?

Lastly, as a million people have stated already use the breaker when you see the sin/shadow seethe and it completely nullifies it, and that's what this thread is about, not pylons

L2p issue and always will be

Edited by JP_Legatus

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all it is pretty much impossible to SAP someone then somehow instantly Exit stealth and cap at the exact same moment. No matter what the circumstances there will be a small gap where the sap ends and you can hit the sin capping because the sap is the same as the cap time

And no, in duels it's not the same. In duels a merc/sorc can actually heal in the middle of combat. You don't even have to be out of combat they can heal any time they know it won't be interrupted. It's a pretty big dif that really favors healing classes that are smart enough to kite properly

For the pylons if they are less than 8s to cap then that's a warzone design problem not a sin/op design problem. Every other wz is 8s. You even said yourself "pylon time should be longer" because that's the fix, not nerfing sins. And his is a qq about sins thread not a pylon or wz thread so why are you postin it here?

Lastly, as a million people have stated already use the breaker when you see the sin/shadow seethe and it completely nullifies it, and that's what this thread is about, not pylons

L2p issue and always will be

You clearly don't play a merc/scoundrel/sage dps if you think they can heal well as dps specs.

But this thread is entirely pointless since you can set whatever the **** rules you want to when you duel someone. If they don't agree, don't duel them. Problem solved.

Edited by Smashbrother

I'll agree those guys need to be toned down...

Clearly. I know on mine, I can just /bop and instantaneously 3 cap a CW and my overload is actually like the bomb effect in Hypergate. Doesn't matter where you are on the map. If I pound the ground, you're toast. Then I press / and casually walk down the middle of the warzone, smoking a cig and mean mugging fools. It's like prison, and shadows/sins are the baddest dudes on the block. Some say the big bang was a result of a shadow and a sin pounding at the same time. We may never know...