White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only as a random item you'll only have a litle change to obtain from loads of useless junk obtainable in the Cartel Packs. No epic quests, no artifice shematics to get one... Feels wrong.

Are you certain?

I've seen 2 crystals advertised - though the pics were of really low quality

1. Yellow-Orange (looked more Orange than Yellow)

2. Pink-Purple (looked like a slightly darker Magenta)

I sure hope it isn't. When I bought it I was under the impression that it was something that would be removed forever and only the earliest players who bought it would have it.

They never said forever. They worded it carefully by stating "not in the immediate future". I guess six months is not their immediate future (which in itself is good news... it means their "immediate future" is less than that, for future content...)

I think its the lesser of evil this way.

I have 2 white expertise crystal +41 and the box solution is imo better them some crafter having schematic for it or peopl buying it direcly from cc shop.

Hope its not reversible like the other crystals there, although it is boe

I damn hope for them to be r/eable. I am boycottin the cartel packs and if they're the only way to obtain the white crystal i am strongly against it. I am going to use my funds I gathered over the past months to purchase and r/e the white crystals from players in order to learn the schematic and distribute it to everyone for super-mega-ultra-low fee (for my standards) of 100k per craft ad make everyone happy on ToFN. NO to the cartel packs! Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I sure hope it isn't. When I bought it I was under the impression that it was something that would be removed forever and only the earliest players who bought it would have it.

Uh oh, that would mean you wouldn't be a special snowflake anymore............heaven forbid!!

They said it wouldn't be removed forever at the time. I want rare/unique stuff too, but at the time my server had about 40 people and you couldn't make money apart from dailies ... I was only able to afford the cheapest white one, so I appreciate the chance to get a couple better ones.

I disapprove of this thread. I want my whites to be exclusive. Hmmph. I was on TV too telanis and I grinded dailies everyday to get mine :p

As long as the drop rate is ultra rare, I'd be fine.

I heard other crystals can be r/ed. If this applies to white then it won't be rare once I get my hands on it >: )

Why cry about this? Most of you that got one did not have to work hard for it. Some of you paid for it and it was expensive but not impossible at all to get. The crystal is purely cosmetic. Are you afraid of losing your imaginary status symbol?

Start crying when real gear that does take hard work to get (like WH or Campaign gear) can be bought with cartel coins.

Why cry about this? Most of you that got one did not have to work hard for it. Some of you paid for it and it was expensive but not impossible at all to get. The crystal is purely cosmetic. Are you afraid of losing your imaginary status symbol?

Start crying when real gear that does take hard work to get (like WH or Campaign gear) can be bought with cartel coins.

I have 2 on my marauder. You think obtaining 5mil wasnt hard?? Maybe not for some but it was for me ** shrug**.

Edit: who's crying? I truly do not see that here.

Edited by Mancer

I know. Why was Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 able to handle their f2p shops and make gambling boxes content totally reasonable...?

Guild Wars 1 never had "Gambling Boxes" in their shop. Only Cosmetic items, expansions, skill/pet unlock packs, and character slots.

---

On topic: It's nice to see the return of white crystals, however it's cheap tactics. Introduce the white crystal, players want them, take them away, make players go crazy trying to acquire them, later give them a little chance of receiving one if they pay up.

Those are the same tactics Mc Donalds uses for the Mc Rib.

Well the boxes certainly kill the crystal part of artifice since you can get +41 stat crystals with a level 10 requirement. I think you should be more worried about that. Now you can actually pay2win in lowbie PvP if you can equip 2 crystals since there are expertise versions too.

Didn't work hard? Man 2500000 credits was a fortune back in those days.

Back in the old days the respawn timers on chests and bosses was small so you could work out a farming cycle and get plenty of credits in an hour. Back in the old days slicing was king. Back in the old days there were many exploits to increase your income along with your farming. Back in the old days gathering enough credits to buy stuff like this was rather easy. Only catch is that you know what you're doing.

Now, if you don't craft lvl 26 or 27 item mods, you're pretty much stuck selling mats. But combine mat sales with doing all of your dailies (from space to pvp) every day and you can get 5 mil in several days atleast.

Edited by MonkeyCannon
Changed phase to days