DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macro Respec? That allowed? ;)

Concealment opener followed by stealth split second respec into lethality...definitely a nice move.

acid blade buff is kept upon respeccing, you can just go Conceal... apply acid blade, respec like normal, and you will keep the buff :) and start fight like any other fight :D... its annoying to do on boss fights, never remember lol, but its doable / non exploited / intended to happen, just have to be bored enough to respect twice in a row :)

i dont macro :) i dont even use a naga or key bind mouse :p i click and use an old school normal mouse, and in game macro is not allowed, so kinda hard to do that :p lolol

Edited by Carlenux

Macro Respec? That allowed? ;)

Concealment opener followed by stealth split second respec into lethality...definitely a nice move.

anyways nice touch finding that out :p was my little secret... dizella found out as well lol the other good op parser, just saw his log :)

http://www.torparse.com/a/235460/time/1368873800/1368874136/0/Damage+Dealt 2957 Compared to trimmed

http://www.torparse.com/a/235460/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 2964... 7 diff... Invinc Operative.

the rest you are right, trim rly increase a lot of dps, i normally dont see anyones parse, didnt know they were upgrading so much, only use to see beast and a few others, wont post Tralts bcause he is using the exploit... which i tested myself (with Conq+Part) my sniper parsing 180dps + than with Click/proc Relic not exploit, so him like most of other snipers, will reduce a lot of dps soon :)

-Edited-

Noticed respec talk. Questionable imo. but if it can be done without macro'ing in a raid..then I suppose it could be regarded as legit.

Edited by Airwolfe

OP..please...add a separate category for Snipers/Gunslingers that doesn't involve 'roll in a corner and explode things all day unrealistically'..or whatever it is they do ;)

I think there are people who would like to know the upwards capacity for real raid environment situations via dummy in a more relevant way (from what I hear, Engineer/Saboteur is viable in raids but..not like it is on the dummy).

Edited by Airwolfe

Going to try to update this tomorrow, where 1. I'm going to remove parses with double set bonuses and 2. going to actually separate Engineering/Saboteur into a specific category. This will not be done for other classes.

-Edited-

Noticed respec talk. Questionable imo. but if it can be done without macro'ing in a raid..then I suppose it could be regarded as legit.

yup it has nothing special about it.. it is a 2 respecs in a row just that, i dont macro, dont key bind, dont have a mouse cappable of macroing, and wouldnt know how to do it lol.... the acid blade buff is infinite, its a buff, at 2.2 they removed the duration time of the buff, so basically you can put on acid blade, be online 24 hours straight without attacking and still have the buff... it is absolutely useful in any raid fight, any dummy, any situation, not limited by anything more than 2 respec, reason why i only use it in my opener Hidden strike, i cant respect mid fight.

anyone is free to test, ask your op healer in your raid group to go conceal... put on acid blade... then go back to heal, he will keep the buff, and his next backstab whenever it is, or hidden strike will proc. the Acid :) , could be used on healers to buff small dps as well lol.

Edited by Carlenux

Daharel - Commando - Gunnery - 6/36/4 - 2910.76

Finally got my underworld mainhand and finished off my 72 mods (just in time for Kell Dragon to roll out, not that my guild can touch that anyway :p). Stim, of course. Three things I screwed up: full price plasma grenade, no adrenals (I'll get to those eventually), and a canceled full auto that had a proc. I will put up another one once I've settled down some :p.

Going to try to update this tomorrow, where 1. I'm going to remove parses with double set bonuses and 2. going to actually separate Engineering/Saboteur into a specific category. This will not be done for other classes.

In preparation of that...

Evrydayimsmggln - Gunslinger - Hybrid 5/18/23 - 3058.11

http://www.torparse.com/a/271114/time/1370470350/1370470657/0/Overview

Edited by namesaretough

Reset time for the Commando/Mercenary category then :eek:

Anything approaching 60% crit on tracer/grav round is using the 2x2 set which was double 15% crit.

Updated, I know I've skipped certain records, I'm going to try to add the rest of these during the weekend, should have a bit more free time then. In the future I'll probably be doing larger updating during the weekends as doing this takes a little bit more time than I approximated.

As such I'd like to put in a reminder of how I'd like you to post the record,

Treehugger - Guardian - Vigilance 5/36/5 - 2000

This isn't to be an annoyance but more to make it a lot easier for me to just copy and paste into the list. With several record to change or add the small time it takes for me to sort that out myself is just a bother. The only exception is the Harbringer records as I know thats the format you guys use and I've found an easy way of converting that.

acid blade buff is kept upon respeccing, you can just go Conceal... apply acid blade, respec like normal, and you will keep the buff :) and start fight like any other fight :D... its annoying to do on boss fights, never remember lol, but its doable / non exploited / intended to happen, just have to be bored enough to respect twice in a row :)

i dont macro :) i dont even use a naga or key bind mouse :p i click and use an old school normal mouse, and in game macro is not allowed, so kinda hard to do that :p lolol

Right on, and sorry for the accusate,. my guildie actually noticed it and we couldn't explain the two abilities any other way so I jumped to the only conclusion that I could make sense out of it haha. Sorry to spoil your secret! :)

Right on, and sorry for the accusate,. my guildie actually noticed it and we couldn't explain the two abilities any other way so I jumped to the only conclusion that I could make sense out of it haha. Sorry to spoil your secret! :)

lol dont worry, :p yeah i was expecting someone to find out real soon, other than me and dizella lol... so was a matter of time to spoil my secret hehe, tbh i have never used in a boss fight, its so.... boring, annoying to do it, but dummy i can take a rest every 1-2 parses that i did lol and start over, take my time :p.

The idea that the Acid Blade buff is supposed to stick with you regardless of how you spec is... come on.

Same idea as a marauder going carnage, building a stack of fury and then swapping to rage or annihilation. Which I'd also have to call 'come on..cheeseball'. Or better yet..carnage, fury, wait a bit, berserk, fury again macro respec and there ya go..2-3 ticks of berserk alacrity+fury in a different spec for uber openers (at least in rage - weaponmaster from set bonus off the first smash mainly).

Point being..ya, probably need to clarify some rulings on the whole respec business. Most classes probably have some form of buff they can apply in one spec then swap to another out of combat.

Same idea as a marauder going carnage, building a stack of fury and then swapping to rage or annihilation. Which I'd also have to call 'come on..cheeseball'. Or better yet..carnage, fury, wait a bit, berserk, fury again macro respec and there ya go..2-3 ticks of berserk alacrity+fury in a different spec for uber openers (at least in rage - weaponmaster from set bonus off the first smash mainly).

Point being..ya, probably need to clarify some rulings on the whole respec business. Most classes probably have some form of buff they can apply in one spec then swap to another out of combat.

you dont need to do such thing.... you can just start fight, build up all your fury/rage, end fight.... and start over... i believe half of the marauders actually do that lol, or used to before the Carnage stack... the rule clarifies that its something useful in raids... i dont see where respecing before a fight for a buff is something "outside the rules" specially when its a 1 time use buff... tbh i just see Mara / Op with a possibility of that, and honestly i dont find that idea for anni marauder a bad idea, its doable, and i dont find anything or anyone that could say it is not doable lol... full fury start its legit... full Rage is not, you cant build that before a raid fight... but you can respec twice... you dont need to macro anything, just need to know your spec, i do it like 10 seconds lol, dont even have to read the skills, on most of my classes.... if you need a macro or a dual spec to remember your spec lol well then i believe that would delay some time, but meh i find nothing wrong with that.

Now Macro during a fight its cheap, if its doable, its just weak, that idea of a super opener buff not sure if anyone would try it, but its really weak lol.... but i dont see whats wrong with an anni marauder stacking 30 rage before fight with carnage spec, just like most ppl do on TFB fight from dmg taken on the water, you gain advantage of what you can, then you use it if you want, and its your problem if you dont want to do it (like myself i dont do it in raids lol, im lazy, its my problem, somebody else uses it, good for them) just like using nano stims instead of reusable, or blue adrenals instead of reusable, or not using at all, everyone plays with what they can play, if u have money spend it, if u dont, well... play biochem or go without adrenals :S.

so in conclusion i believe rules are clarified, if its usable in raids, it works for dummy, only self buff, no external BT + armor reduction... i dont see an exploit or discussion anywhere :)... its different a buff that doesnt remove (like acid blade) than for example Ssin doign 2 stack Voltaic slash and Respec madness (no real point to do that, just an example), because VS need 2 hits, you cant do that before a boss fight, so its really clear its not legit... same with starting full rage a dummy fight... trimming start time... getting a Chain lighting buff before fight, many stuff i could consider non legit... Acid blade and anni mara fury stack, are completely legit, IMO.

Another parse to update my Madness dps:

Kindran - Sorcerer - Madness - 2818.22

http://www.torparse.com/a/273652/1/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/a420f84b-e763-453a-abd2-f9adc72db465

Why does your log seem weird at the start? It starts with a lighting burn proc (Force lighting/LS) but those don't appear before it. You also get a affliction tick before applying affliction. Sorry to be rude if this is considered rude just wondering if this is what "trimming a log" means?

I still can't manage to break 2750 QQ:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by JDotter

you dont need to do such thing.... you can just start fight, build up all your fury/rage, end fight.... and start over... i believe half of the marauders actually do that lol, or used to before the Carnage stack... the rule clarifies that its something useful in raids... i dont see where respecing before a fight for a buff is something "outside the rules" specially when its a 1 time use buff... tbh i just see Mara / Op with a possibility of that, and honestly i dont find that idea for anni marauder a bad idea, its doable, and i dont find anything or anyone that could say it is not doable lol... full fury start its legit... full Rage is not, you cant build that before a raid fight... but you can respec twice... you dont need to macro anything, just need to know your spec, i do it like 10 seconds lol, dont even have to read the skills, on most of my classes.... if you need a macro or a dual spec to remember your spec lol well then i believe that would delay some time, but meh i find nothing wrong with that.

Now Macro during a fight its cheap, if its doable, its just weak, that idea of a super opener buff not sure if anyone would try it, but its really weak lol.... but i dont see whats wrong with an anni marauder stacking 30 rage before fight with carnage spec, just like most ppl do on TFB fight from dmg taken on the water, you gain advantage of what you can, then you use it if you want, and its your problem if you dont want to do it (like myself i dont do it in raids lol, im lazy, its my problem, somebody else uses it, good for them) just like using nano stims instead of reusable, or blue adrenals instead of reusable, or not using at all, everyone plays with what they can play, if u have money spend it, if u dont, well... play biochem or go without adrenals :S.

so in conclusion i believe rules are clarified, if its usable in raids, it works for dummy, only self buff, no external BT + armor reduction... i dont see an exploit or discussion anywhere :)... its different a buff that doesnt remove (like acid blade) than for example Ssin doign 2 stack Voltaic slash and Respec madness (no real point to do that, just an example), because VS need 2 hits, you cant do that before a boss fight, so its really clear its not legit... same with starting full rage a dummy fight... trimming start time... getting a Chain lighting buff before fight, many stuff i could consider non legit... Acid blade and anni mara fury stack, are completely legit, IMO.

As long as everyone can replicate the feat I've got no problem with it. However if the feature is changes so that this trick is no longer available in the future your parse will be removed from the list.

Why does your log seem weird at the start? It starts with a lighting burn proc (Force lighting/LS) but those don't appear before it. You also get a affliction tick before applying affliction. Sorry to be rude if this is considered rude just wondering if this is what "trimming a log" means?

I still can't manage to break 2750 QQ:mad::mad::mad:

A dmg proc relic may proc before the attack that does it, its a matter of milseconds but its fine.

You're not allowed to trim the front of your log.

But since using pre-built stacks and buffs is permitted the rule is being made a joke of.