[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

TheRealBowser

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I no longer play Star Wars The Old Republic, but I will still update this thread when there are changes that effect this guide, and I am allowed to post on the forums to do so.

I don't see any changes in 1.3 worthy of mentioning besides, perhaps, general changes to the value of crafting criticals (which I still feel are better than efficiency) and augment slots. As far as I can see, HK was not added this patch.

Please continue to enjoy your Star Wars adventures.

~TheRealBowser

As posted on social.bioware.com

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey - I would have sent this to you as a PM, but for some reason I couldn't figure out how to do that lol (probably operator error XD). I used this guide on my guild website located (here). I didn't make any changes other than to some of the colors and added some divider lines; I hope that's okay. (i.e., I didn't make any changes to CONTENT--only some minor formatting changes.) I don't think it will show up to anyone except those registered and approved on the website (though it is a new site, so the kinks are still being worked out). If you have an enjin acct (or want to make one) you can feel free to register with my guild (HAZMAT-OPS) to check out the thread and see if it's to your liking/approval.

I also included at the bottom a link to the original page as well as your name (and a link to your member page) so you are appropriately cited/credited. If you want to check it out please let me know through my guild website (http://hazmat-dread-ops.enjin.com/home). Thanks for your awesome thread!

-Faradaya Storm / OutstormtheStorm

Edited by OutstormtheStorm
wanted to clarify something

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to give this game another try, and I've taken this opportunity to update the thread for HK-51, in addition to a few other changes. Besides the fact that HK-51 gains a (very small) critical bonus for artifice where no other class can, it really doesn't matter much. He's just a nice (if very small) bonus for every class.

However, I was wrong about him giving +2 critical for artifice and cybertech as that was changed, so I wanted to make sure I updated the thread accordingly so as to not give misinformation.

Not much was added overall, and I am not sure if I will be posting here again (or if it will be needed). I just thought I'd let you guys know. I hope this guide continues to be useful to everyone.

Edited by TheRealBowser

Thanks, much appreciated

As a suggestion, perhaps it would be nice to add the crit chance explanation from here:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

Good idea, I linked it in the guide. Good to know anyways. I never noticed that blog before, though I haven't really been keeping tabs on things since I quit in early 2012.

Edited by TheRealBowser

You cant imagine the amount of times I have referred back to your guide over the past year or so.

It has been a massive and invaluable help.

Thank you so much.

You're very welcome. And thank you, that means a lot to me! It pleases me that this guide has been useful to the community.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been playing for a few months now but just started to learn crafting (armstech). Till now, I've only gathered and run missions.

I noticed that my first batch of schematics all went grey when I hit level 60. At that point, I had to buy new ones in order to continue leveling and they required grade 2 mats.

Looking forward my question is this:

At what levels will future schematics go grey? In other words, how long will I be able to level up using my grade 2 schematics and mats until I need to buy new schematics and start using grade 3 stuff, ....then new schematics + grade 4 stuff, then new schematics + grade 5 stuff?

The reason I'm asking is my gathering and mission skills are already at very high levels so I'm wondering what level mats to farm while my crafter is busy.

Thanks for your guide. Hope this question makes sense.

Thanks for the answer and the link which provides all the information I need.

I do have one other question though, about reverse engineering:

Do crafting skill or player character levels have any influence on the critical hit success chance for a next tier schematic when reverse engineering?

For instance, do I have a better chance to learn a next tier schematic for Combat Enforcer (requires skill level 40) if I RE it when my Armstech skill level is 400 and my character is on Makeb as compared to when my Armstech skill level is only 42 and my character is still on Coruscant or Dromund Kaas?

Thanks again.

Edited by KBerling