Found my class...

Noobishlord

After farting around (yes, that is a technical term,) with the classes again once I purchased the game, I have discovered that my trial time's love of the melee force classes is indeed what I like to play the most. But, I'm stuck at one point when it comes to making one and playing it for good...

Outside of the blatantly obvious, what are the differences between the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior? I plan on going Guardian/Juggernaut with whatever I end up making, but I have to start somewhere first.

((P.S. I find it odd that the spell check has issues with Sith but not Jedi. On a Star Wars game forum. Weird thing.))

The differences are purely cosmetic:

1) Different ability names (though the effects of said abilities mirror each other)

2) Different animations for abilities

3) Different story

4) Different companions and companion stories (though you, like all classes, will get a companion of each archetype: healer, ranged DPS, melee DPS, ranged tank and melee tank)

Really it boils down to what story you want to play and what faction you identify more with. Personally, I have leveled both a Sith Warrior (Immortal Juggernaut - tank) and a Jedi Knight (Combat Sentinel - DPS) to level 50 and I found the Sith Warrior's story to be better (and you will get the same story no matter which advanced class you choose - e.g. the Juggernaut and Marauder have the same story) but the Jedi Knight's story is not the worst in the game by far.

If you are looking for more advice gameplay wise, the Sith Warrior gets their healer companion earlier than the Jedi Knight so that is something to think about if you will be playing solo a lot.

Edited by metaldragen

So, it's purely cosmetic, ne? Well, I will admit, I like how the Guardian's armor in the Progression videos looks compared to the Juggernaut's. Are those videos a good indication on how gear will look on the characters? After all, if I'm staring at the backside of a character for his entire playtime, I should like what I look like, right?

I will admit, I tried both while playing on a Trial Account, and the Sith Warrior was fun, but because being a jerk just comes so naturally to that character. And eventually, being a jerk looses its appeal.

Of course, this doesn't stop me from making one of each, and popping back and forth depending on my mood (good and charitable or sadistic and cruel.) And I probably will, but that will wait 'till later.

I gotta say the character progression videos can be misleading for many of the classes. Like, the JK one shows the gaurdian wearing what looks like trooper armor underneath a robe and when I leveled my gaurdian to 50 I never had anything like that equipped. Not saying it doesn't exist because other players might know more than myself, I'm just saying it wasn't a common type of armor. Also it shows him wearing armor with a cape and no hood but you might be disssapointed on that front as well. Many Jedi robes will force you to have a hood or.....an obscenely large ***. Seriously. Also, they changed the hood models in 1.2 and receded them a bit to show more of you characters faces during dialogue conversations but it also ended up showing that the characters hair is removed under the hood - so they have enormous foreheads and no hair. Also, IMO the level 50 gear for Jedi knights is some of the worst looking gear in the game. Check out the vendors on the fleet, when you see the Viking helmets...that's what you have to look forward to. Honestly, when I saw the armors I would be grinding towards at lvl 50 i shelved my knight and haven't played it since lol

Never played SW past lvl 20 but their armor is better looking IMO. In general, imperial classes have the better looking armor. And, I think sith warrior level 50 armor looks straight up ******. From what I hear, the SW stories is one of the best in the game. I will say that I've enjoyed the stories with my imp toons far more than with the pub toons

If you were basing your desicion on armor appearance I'd say go SW, and don't put top much faith in those armor progression videos because many are outdated and dont seem to reflect what's actually in the game.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly