Moderators message! Deciphered!!(Big text)

Vladozz

oh look people from 2 years back have their game, and dont care for the unjustice here..

where is the injustice?? you didn't pre-order the game early enough so now you need to wait like the rest of us...

unless you are one of those people that love cutting the lines.

So they give all there 'reason' why they're not adding more ppl on today. So what happens on launch day proper when the servers go down and we are fully paid up customers and they have our money and had years to get this right?

They want to insure the stable, smooth running!! What does that mean? They don't know if their system can handle it!!!!!

Damn, and so close to launch proper. I suppose they'll say 'sorry'. We're working on it

Edited by macabdul

where is the injustice?? you didn't pre-order the game early enough so now you need to wait like the rest of us...

unless you are one of those people that love cutting the lines.

i will admit <fear i might be become a little bipolar> that the issue of waiting if you didn't order soon enough is your own fault but last i noticed they hadn't gotten out of july either..

maybe you are right i got one to 22nd level with no slow down as i found that there was no real increase of XP necessary quests to get to another level and this was playing a little here and there.

you might be right but i didn't see it and if they are putting the 4 hours a day as the rule they are off since yes there are a lot of casual there are a lot of people who play more than this and it is easier to have it take longer for casuals than it is to have a steady drop off post launch <Rift was one of these as the week of launch and maybe for 2 weeks it was really busy then servers started being closed and slowly subs dropped>

not sure if the story lines after the first bit stay complete different or not this was another issue in Rift since you had to repeat all content.

not saying the game will fail but the cheering section didn't do anything for all the past hopefuls that barely got off the ground.

I tested quite a few builds, with the xp ramped up and down, bosses and mobs undertuned and overtuned, and the fastest I hit 50 was about 2.5 weeks and I tested more than 4 hours a day. If the last build was a good indication of the leveling progress, it will indeed slow down 25+.

Casuals are what make MMOs and the gaming industry go round and stay afloat. Hardcore PvErs and PvPers don't like hearing it, but it's true. The Hardcore section of gamers is considerably smaller than the casuals, and if a company wants to pay it's bills they gear their game towards the target audience. Look at the MMOs sub numbers that were grindfests and geared towards the hardcore, they aren't even a blip on the radar. The successful MMOs go after the casuals and develop their game and new content with them in mind(ie WoW and look what happened to their sub numbers when they listened to the small but vocal Hardcore community).

In these words I just see an excuse if they did the right things they should have more congratulations and less complains :eek:

How can you be so new to the internet and have a 2008 account?

People will complain about every little thing. Have you read these forums?

I'm not in the game either, but really, the game hasn't crashed yet has it?

Are we looking at 4-5 days without access after official Launch? (It may)

Some folks need to understand, you're not special, you're everyone else, Just like me.

The tears over this launch are humerous to Rediculious.

I have one simple issue with the staggered launch. For some reason (one they will not divulge) they will not do 24/7 waves. They instead chose to allow some in and then take a break for over 8 hours (in 4 you will clear the noob planet easily and that's being generous). This decision confounds me, as I cant see a logical reason other than they didn't plan the launch staff accordingly. I thought they would do waves as soon as enough people cleared to the fleet but I was sorely mistaken.

This is one of the worst handled EGA launches I have seen yet and I know they are dealing with numbers not previously seen for an EGA but my statement still stands. I understand once everyone is in, it will be forgotten but I hope other developers (and BioWare themselves) pay attention to anger generated by this move.

The problem with this kind of prelaunch system is that it's not fair. Even if someone redeemed his/her code in july he/she DIDN'T PAY ANYTHING earlier than someone that redeemed his/her code 10 days ago. EVERYONE will pay at same time, when the game will be shipped. So the waves should be random, better if no waves at all and everyone able to start playing 24 hours. What if my guild is assigned to a server that BW consider full? Shouldn't I be able to join my friends only becuase BW choose this terrible pre launch system? In my opinion BW and EA should show more respect of their customers... But I'd past experiences with EA and MMOs, Motorcity Online in early 2000s, and I should have know what to expect from them...

In these words I just see an excuse if they did the right things they should have more congratulations and less complains :eek:

well this is potential untrue since present problem of "waves" mean that people that are happy are playing and the people who are not playing are upset

I tested quite a few builds, with the xp ramped up and down, bosses and mobs undertuned and overtuned, and the fastest I hit 50 was about 2.5 weeks and I tested more than 4 hours a day. If the last build was a good indication of the leveling progress, it will indeed slow down 25+.

Casuals are what make MMOs and the gaming industry go round and stay afloat. Hardcore PvErs and PvPers don't like hearing it, but it's true. The Hardcore section of gamers is considerably smaller than the casuals, and if a company wants to pay it's bills they gear their game towards the target audience. Look at the MMOs sub numbers that were grindfests and geared towards the hardcore, they aren't even a blip on the radar. The successful MMOs go after the casuals and develop their game and new content with them in mind(ie WoW and look what happened to their sub numbers when they listened to the small but vocal Hardcore community).

this is actually untrue to some degree as WoW had a very slow levelng curve at the beginning <i do not mention EQ1 as though i for one miss it the levelling could be painful if you didn't have a good group to talk to suring grind>

casuals might be more in numbers and be the "to get" group but the games up to WoW were all "back boned" by hardcore <which i am not anymore as a rule since i get bored easy most days> and then casuals added but post WoW every game has tried to get the causals off the start and usually flopped <though not always due to this i will amit many flopped due to terrible programming/customer service>

Hey everyone.

We absolutely understand you want to get in and play the game early. It's one of the reasons we expanded our Early Game Access from a maximum of five days to a maximum of seven days Makes no sense. However, there are a couple of important points to realize about today's opening salvo of invites, and the procedure in general for Early Game Access and launch.

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that helped us improve for launch. Apparently you have not improved hahaha, cuz ur accepting less then on beta

For us, launch isn't just about stuffing our servers with as many people as possible. As anyone who's been through a large MMO launch can tell you, that experience can be painful. Our aim with this launch was to ramp things up gradually, to spread our player population out amongst a variety of servers, to maintain all server types, and to keep queuing to a minimum (although we expect that to happen as we head towards December 20th). So far, all that has been successful for us on Day One. Gz, youve avoided Queues now how is that going to justify the WAVE-QUEUE for days..

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.Whitch also means youve recieved more money, and should mean you should open for alot more people,

Cant see the math=

Rift gets 700k, they open for 700k 1st day, you get 2mil, you open for 150k

ITS ALL ABOUT %, Bioware.. jesus

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'. Err..thank you? sigh

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

Beta stress test? didnt you guys prepare?,or you could just just keep sending waves until servers start to Queue, then you stop sending.. for maximum effieceny in your already bad idea of launch

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and roll out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together. Yea carefull!! with adding more servers

WoW has 1,000 servers.. and the servers are so ...err...empty(NOT)

Our aim is for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be around for a long time to come. Today's just the first step in that - an early step, too - and we'll be running smoothly, with a stable population, before too long. Yea for a game that takes months to reach max level i would understand. but when i start to play someone will basically have a lvl 50 character"won the game" kinda a turn off for me, and alot of people

This is not an issue of whos right or whos wrong

-Theyve angered 1 milion people, why? because we are human beings ffs

We are emotional..

The launch, failure.

I liked that part about its not stress test but its stress test the most.

Greetings, everyone. We already have a discussion thread dedicated to talking about invite waves. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=6488

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!