How we killed the Emperor without actually fighting him.

xxWargodxx

If you want to actually fight the Emperor don't continue reading.

So reading how hard it was to solo the Emperor and not wanting to bang my head against a wall for an hour, I asked my Smuggler guildie to come with me. We tried twice, and died. On the third try he suggested we have him start the fight with his high damage opener from stealth rather than me starting it and then just attempt to burn the guy down as quickly as we could.

Since we had already died twice the encounter starts with him sitting on his throne. Smuggler walks up there and nails him from stealth. In our first two attempts what he does after the first attack is he teleports down to the open area and fights you there. What he did after the Smuggler nailed him was disappear as if he was going to teleport but then he didn't reappear, the game paused for about 1 second and then bam, went right to the after fight cut scene.

Fight over, mission complete.

Your milage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...
I dint even fought him. Heard that it was a tough fight but when i arrived at the emperor it was about to start then Screen just like jumped ahead to the sequence where he was dead :confused:. Shame i coulndt try the fight especially cus i enjoyed the story mode and it aint really completing it :rolleyes:

Just abuse line of sight to avoid his spells (you will not avoid them all), auto-attack his clones or use force sweep / cleave to make them disappear and dps him down. I did it on my second attempt with no gear on T7. Yes it was hard and the fight took about 5 minutes but I took htim from 100-0% and barely survived. It does help to have good gear though. If you are attempting to beat the emperor in rag tag blues, greens and quest rewards you are in for a surprise.

Best of luck.

You don't need to do any of that anymore, just ignore the adds and burn the emperor, using interupts on his big cast. You should be able to drop him before saber ward even drops since the change. T-7 gear doesn't matter, as the adds do negligible damage now.

This fight went from being insanely over the top difficult (probably because the adds were doing about the same damage as the emperor before), to being breezy-easy (because the adds do like no damage now).

• 2 months later...

How to you bring friends along for this fight?

If you want to actually fight the Emperor don't continue reading.

So reading how hard it was to solo the Emperor and not wanting to bang my head against a wall for an hour, I asked my Smuggler guildie to come with me. We tried twice, and died. On the third try he suggested we have him start the fight with his high damage opener from stealth rather than me starting it and then just attempt to burn the guy down as quickly as we could.

Since we had already died twice the encounter starts with him sitting on his throne. Smuggler walks up there and nails him from stealth. In our first two attempts what he does after the first attack is he teleports down to the open area and fights you there. What he did after the Smuggler nailed him was disappear as if he was going to teleport but then he didn't reappear, the game paused for about 1 second and then bam, went right to the after fight cut scene.

Fight over, mission complete.

Your milage may vary.

Yeah I had the problem in that suddenly seeing about five different Emperors scared the crap out of me and lost my concentration and started attacking them instead. Once I realized that they did next to nothing in damage, the fight was much easier. Had to do that puzzle and que for a WZ to get the chest to work, which didn't go well for me as a new lvl 50, but it worked out in the end.

And to answer the guy above me, have a friend follow you into your instance so he can board your ship, then just proceed as normal.

Spoiler much on the title....

I managed to beat the Emperor by myself with ease when I understood why I kept dying, you just have to interupt his force blast skill. he also bugged up a few times for me, after I took his health all the way down he disapeared and a few minutes later he appeared on the throne.

Now for just a small digression, me and a smuggler friend did some quests on Illum after we both had done our class stories, and in one dialog my knight just completly spoiled the whole emperor part for my friend, the dialog happend when you deliver the last story quest on illum. The dialog option did not even hint to me spoiling so much, so my friend got a bit pissed as he is playing a Jedi Knight to. That is the thing with this MMO, it has lots of spoilers.

I dint even fought him. Heard that it was a tough fight but when i arrived at the emperor it was about to start then Screen just like jumped ahead to the sequence where he was dead :confused:. Shame i coulndt try the fight especially cus i enjoyed the story mode and it aint really completing it :rolleyes:

This happened to me too. I approached the emperor and began the dialogue. Then it cut to the cinema where we were dueling and I defeat him, then it just cuts to post fight dialogue. Never had to do the last fight at all.

just a question can u bring any companion with u to fight the emperor or is it just t7

You can only summon T7. But if you take friends with you, they can summon any companion and you only have to use T7 to open a door.