SOA NM, players in whirlwind seconds after taking a ball

Is this us being extremly unlucky?

Yesterday we have been doing some try's on SOA NM.

One of our sorcerers kept being killed by a ball of lightning while running in with full health (18,5k health) + heaving a static barrier on him.

This happend about 4 times.

I decided to fraps the last try so i could watch back what excatly is happening.

The randomness of this boss is just ...extreme ...

Check the vid, it shows players being thrown in whirwind just seconds after taking a ball of lightning.

not once, not twice but three times in one try.

I made this vid aswell for the guild to see what's happening.

It also shows one of our healers walking backward not wanting to take his ball of lightning because he had no static barrier on him.

So that last death is to blame on the player himself.

But im more worried about the randomness before that.

So the main question is.

Is it normal for a player to get whirlwind after taking dmg from a lighting ball? (See vid)

Because 3 times in a row on 1 try seems a bit extreme?

And this literally happend 3 times on a row, the vid has been edited to make it shorter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSDrFDrvyY

Edited by Bobiefatt

Have him not explode his ball until after the whirlwind call. Then everyone else just has to avoid that ball as it sits waiting for him to get back, if he's unlucky and gets both.

Healer will have to be quick shielding him when he lands, but he can give a heads up right before he lands.

Have him not explode his ball until after the whirlwind call. Then everyone else just has to avoid that ball as it sits waiting for him to get back, if he's unlucky and gets both.

Healer will have to be quick shielding him when he lands, but he can give a heads up right before he lands.

Oh yes we comunicate when someone lands from whirlwind and let a sorcerer pull them to the group.

But Lighting ball + ticks 6k - 12k dmg followed by a whirlwind in 3 secconds.

What can be done about that?

I dident even mention the moments where peopel exit a mind trap and spawn on a lighting ball.

We try to eliminate the factor of people fallling on top of lighting balls from whirlwind already.

by kitting the balls to the outside or taking them as fast as we can.

Taking them as fast as possible killed us a few times.

Waiting for the whirlwind might be a good option we can try next time.

Thx for the idea.

Soa is and always has been severely bugged. This is one of the worst ones. We've had it happen many times where a guy gets called for Lightning and on his way gets thrown. Not much you can really do about it, just bad RNG.

Oh yes we comunicate when someone lands from whirlwind and let a sorcerer pull them to the group.

But Lighting ball + ticks 6k - 12k dmg followed by a whirlwind in 3 secconds.

What can be done about that?

I dident even mention the moments where peopel exit a mind trap and spawn on a lighting ball.

We try to eliminate the factor of people fallling on top of lighting balls from whirlwind already.

by kitting the balls to the outside or taking them as fast as we can.

Taking them as fast as possible killed us a few times.

Waiting for the whirlwind might be a good option we can try next time.

Thx for the idea.

The other thing is he's a sorceror. Use force speed to run through the ball. Sometimes (not every time) it'll avoid the ae damage tick the ball puts out, making it just lightning ball + whirlwind damage.

The other thing is he's a sorceror. Use force speed to run through the ball. Sometimes (not every time) it'll avoid the ae damage tick the ball puts out, making it just lightning ball + whirlwind damage.

And (from experience) when you speed through them they don't register the kaboom and you have to do it again. . .

Soa is and always has been severely bugged. This is one of the worst ones. We've had it happen many times where a guy gets called for Lightning and on his way gets thrown. Not much you can really do about it, just bad RNG.

I like how you both call this a bug and random luck in the same post. Impressive.

Soa teleporting back to the top when you reach the ground floor and resetting? That's a bug. Getting beat up by his mechanics? Not so much.

And (from experience) when you speed through them they don't register the kaboom and you have to do it again. . .

Thats what the sorc's told me aswell, It happends.

Besides that it seems you could move to the side and wait for the whirwind to happend.

What about 18,5k sorc's getting killed on 1 ball.

The player Najjr as can be seen in the video had it happen 4 times.

He walked in, full health, dead.

And yes, he walked in one motion, used a static barrier, and immediately (at least on the last time it happend) recieved a instant 3k heal from me aswell.

Now add up 18,5k health, about 3k static barier + a 3k instant emergency scan.

24,5k health gone in under a second.

Mechanics .... if this is working as intended then someone at Bioware needs a good slapping.

Have your guys use medpacs immediately after taking a lightning ball.

You made me lol.

Like we don't take ourselfs serious?

Offcourse we do all off that, barriers, med packs, running in, not running in, kitting them away, running in fast, have healers time heals.

it all doesen't matter as we saw yesterday eve again when we did another 10 try's.

And in each of these try's there was someone deing from random bad luck or just bugs.

Uploaded for your pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSDrFDrvyY&list=PL0DF945F1C7EA7FBB&feature=plpp_play_all

btw we decided to call it and put him on Hardmode.

Guess what? we 1 shotted him after that.

NM is just impossible.

Edited by Bobiefatt

On my sorc what i've been doing is I force speed to the lightning ball then i stop in its centre, sometimes it ticks sometimes it doesn't but it will always explode.

You made me lol.

Like we don't take ourselfs serious?

Offcourse we do all off that, barriers, med packs, running in, not running in, kitting them away, running in fast, have healers time heals.

it all doesen't matter as we saw yesterday eve again when we did another 10 try's.

And in each of these try's there was someone deing from random bad luck or just bugs.

Uploaded for your pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSDrFDrvyY&list=PL0DF945F1C7EA7FBB&feature=plpp_play_all

btw we decided to call it and put him on Hardmode.

Guess what? we 1 shotted him after that.

NM is just impossible.

NM is impossible, that's why no guilds in the world have done it...oh wait, I've killed him on Nightmare...

I just excel at doing the impossible I guess, thanks for the complement :)

Soa is an RNG fest, that's all it really is btw...

you can get unlucky and then it's extremely difficult. You can also get very very lucky and have the RNG gods smile at you. Our first NiM Soa kill ended with all 8 people alive, out of mindtraps, and we didn't use a battle rez...it was the first time we ever even made it to the ground phase with all 8 people up. RNG was nice, and the fight went very smooth and easy.

Just keep plugging away and you'll either learn the fight, or the fight will somehow become totally easy because everything went your way for once.