Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the quest???

is this just talking to the droid? I don't remember any "quest" to acquire treek on the pts, but it does say the quest is on fleet so I assume they just mean buying the contract and giving it to the droid across the room :D

Can we PLEASE half the price? 1050 CC or 500k credits would be more appropriate.

I like that fact that my legacy of over 40 is worth something , so no to the half the CC for her. Maybe the 1 mil credits is a little steep and considering I spent 5 mil of my 8 mil credits on augmenting 4 characters then yeah I'm not so rich atm.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I think I got pretty close on my guess. :D

...Maybe 2000CC then? Then after the first purchase it could be part of the collections feature at a discount (1200CC).

Sort of what I was expecting but a bit more generous.

Edited by Benfynyn

Weren't we told a few weeks ago that the price of Treek on the PTS would NOT reflect the final price on live?

Edit: From Dulfy: "Producer Cory Butler has confirmed that there will be a Cartel Coins option for those who are short on credits and the prices here on the PTS do not reflect the prices on live servers."

Edited by Phorenzyk

about the quest???

is this just talking to the droid? I don't remember any "quest" to acquire treek on the pts, but it does say the quest is on fleet so I assume they just mean buying the contract and giving it to the droid across the room :D

i think this is it yes

I am VERY excited and feel appreciated as a long subscriber! Been at legacy 50 forever now! Have more than enough to buy the initial 1mil unlock and 300k per char following that is EXCELLENT! It is worth it as a subscriber who has been here this long and the CC coin price is fair in that the legacy requirement goes away, which took forever to reach

YAY! I pay 15 bucks a month but still have to PAY more for a new companion that I will just have to worry about somehow getting affection for.....

Ya. Bioware. If you are going to add a new companion, give people a way to earn affection that doesn't involve spending piles of credits for gifts.

And how about you actually give subscribers something for crying out loud!!! There is NO WAY IN H*** I am paying 1 mill credits for a blasted companion, let alone ANY cartel coins. This is just flat out ridiculous.

First of all, 1 million credits is ludicrously easy to get by running daily missions. A full round in the old days (Belsavis Bonus, Ilum, Black Hole) gave something around 300k per run and it took maybe 3 hours tops on lvl 50. Now with lvl 55, it is event faster, and you have even more daily zones, so you should be able to rake in more credits easily by simply playing.

Second, it is my understanding that Treek purchased on lower levels will gain affection in conversations, just like every other companion (even HK) does. So, maybe, try running Esseless or other talkative repeatable quests with her? Or, give her gifts from missions. I personally, have a huge clutter of level 1-3 gifts that are useless for me now. Or go Seeker hunting, that droid has an annoying habit of fishing out a completely useless gift instead of armor or speeder part.

I completely agree with you, it must be another way to get money from people to take the shortcut and use the CC route rather than level up to legacy 40, even then F2P and preffed players more than likely won't be getting the comp due to the credit cap. BW is going down a dangerous path, reminding me of EverQuest to be honest.

F2P and Preferred can still get those credits just like other people (see above) and then use Escrow unlocks bought from GTN = no CC needed = problem solved.

And the CC option is obviously for people who cannot be bothered by reaching LL40, even though it is not so complicated if you play alts.

If I wanted to unlock it on every character in my legacy it would cost me 8,800 cartel coins.

I just find their pricing irregular. It cost me £5.99 to buy Rise of the Hut Cartel but to unlock a companion on every character in my legacy (level 32) it would cost me ~£40. Makes no sense to me.

note: I wasn't planning on buying her anyway, but I just thought I'd voice my opinions on the price.

Their pricing isn't the issue, it's your math. If you wanted the companion on every character, you'd have to pay:

A: (Does Not Require Legacy) 2100 Cartel Coins + 700 Cartel Coins

B: (Requires Legacy Level 40) 1,000,000 Credits + 700 Cartel Coins

C: (Requires Legacy Level 40) 2100 Cartel Coins + (300,000 Credits x (Number of Characters - 1))

D: (Requires Legacy Level 40) 1,000,000 Credits + (300,000 Credits x (Number of Characters - 1))

If you wanted it on one character, you would have to pay:

A: (Does Not Require Legacy) 2100 Cartel Coins

B: (Requires Legacy Level 40) 1,000,000 Credits

And it is for this reason that I agree completely with this post:

I am very happy with the price. It is just high enough for it to be less of a slap in the face to the people who have the legacy level and plan to buy it with credits and not to high for people who really "must" have it and don't have the legacy level.

Originally we were worried that the companion would be a form of Pay to Win, that you could bypass the heavy credit cost and significant legacy level requirement by paying a few hundred Cartel Coins. As it stands, the cost of Treek without a legacy level of 40 or higher is significant enough to not be an 'easy out' for the casual players via real currency. This I agree with.

On a somewhat-similar-but-not-really note I have a question which sadly is very likely to be lost under a pile of QQ posts that players can't buy their way through the game. The Account-wide collections unlock for Treek is really nice, I completed the original HK quest but never got him on another character because it cost so much. If the 700 CC global unlock or the 300k per-character unlock was made available to HK-51 as well, I feel that would be a good improvement.

Edited by idnewton

Our first new Companion Character since HK-51, Treek, arrives with Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry. This mysterious alien mercenary is available for all character classes, and can be earned in-game or purchased directly from the Cartel Market. To help clarify these different options, here is an explanation of the different means to acquire Treek.

Read More

Good price. It's good that being legacy level 50 still has value

YAY! I pay 15 bucks a month but still have to PAY more for a new companion that I will just have to worry about somehow getting affection for.....

Ya. Bioware. If you are going to add a new companion, give people a way to earn affection that doesn't involve spending piles of credits for gifts.

And how about you actually give subscribers something for crying out loud!!! There is NO WAY IN H*** I am paying 1 mill credits for a blasted companion, let alone ANY cartel coins. This is just flat out ridiculous.

Yeah, 'cause HK-51 wasn't free for subscribers.

Oh, wait....

I cant help but to be a bit disappointed by the fact that Treek is not available via a long solo story mission like HK was. Also, I still think that the level cap for Treek (Legacy 40) is far to high. I would have personally expected it to be at around level 20-25, due to the fact that those at higher level will either be concentrating on endgame non-solo stuff, or already have a large number of high level alts.

The CC price doesn't surprise me, given how those who buy it are bypassing the in-game system. Still would be nice if, for items like Treek, a Collection unlock actually came with the purchaser. Anyway, despite the niggles I have with this introduction of Treek, I am very glad that they are adding in an option of how to get her rather then let her be an elitist show-off toy.

I am very much looking forward to concurring the known galaxy with my new Ewok companion (Well, save it sometimes as well I suppose when playing Rep/Light Side, but I am more of an Empire guy. . .). Treek seems to have a fascinating backstory and character, and I look forward to learning more about her! :i_angel:

Edited by Cyberwoman

Glad to see you've made getting this, er, companion (I can't really bring myself to call it a companion tbh) easier to get account wide via in-game means. Figured I wouldn't be getting the bear on more than one toon if it was the same as HK, but now I might. Shame you didn't listen to all the feedback you got about being able to buy your way past the Legacy requirement though.

Ignoring the fact that feedback on what people wanted in a new comp was completely disregarded, this news isn't too bad.

"Not only is it important that it has more value for me, it also needs to be harder to get for the other guy."

Man this community has truly gone to the dogs. Venomous dogs. That hate each other. :(

As for Treek, I have so many cartel coins lying around thanks to the subscription, I'll probably just buy her that way.

Three months? Whatever.

While I am grateful that you have added a companion I'm not at all interested in ewoks. Also, I really like the way we had to quest for HK. I would like to see tons of big quests like that for various things and not just see everything on the CM.

Ps; Please NEVER add a gungan to this game.

since some people will now have 8 companions, may i suggest that those with 7 or 8 companions be able to perform 6 or 7 crew skill missions simultaneously, respectively?

i understand the intention behind not allowing more than 5 missions was to preclude players from having to decide between having a companion present, or maxing crew skill gathering. setting the max number to one less than your number of companions would uphold this philosophy.

Legacy Level 40 for purchase is fine. One MILLION credits? Plus another 300K credits for additional toons? TOO FREAKIN' HIGH!

Seriously, that's not a "reward" for completing Legacy 40. It should really be something like 50K credits to unlock via Legacy 40. A million credits is just frankly ridiculously high and a majority of player characters won't have that kind of spending cash, so this rewards only hardcore crafter types and the wealthy 1%.

So much for feeling like there is ANY benefit at all to hitting Legacy 40 and above.