[Petition] Bring back Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear

DeltaBos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who did not join at launch, you may not have gotten your toons to lvl 50 before patch 2.0 which removed the tionese/columi/rakata gear sets from the game. While some of the new armor looks good, I though the old tier gear's appearance was much better. That gear looked much more like what our toons would actually wear around the galaxy. The weaponsmaster gear is possibly the only gear set in the game that would look good on my mara. Unfortunately these gear sets have been removed. My solution is that Bioware should insert a new vendor into the game that sells the schematics for that old gear for basic or maybe elite comms. Or classic comms since it is classic gear. DON'T put in the CM and force us to pay for gear that we already though would be in from the progression trailers. We already give you money every month, we should at least get the gear that lured some of us in in the first place.

Well, The Tionese set for my Jugg made him look like a robot from a Terminator movie... I got it just so I can rip out the mods. :)

However, you get my VOTE because others may like it and I see no harm in a free set of gear for hitting 50.

Signed!

Edited by Themanthatisi

/Signed

I luckily still have some of my old Tionese/Rakata looking gear, and I like that I'm in that limited view of old awesome looking gear (Operatives mainly) but for my later created toons I wouldn't mind having some of the old sets again for them. so I'm 50/50 on the idea

Can we please get this back on track with /sign or /notsign? This thread has turned into more of a reminiscence about the armor than a petition.

Actually petition threads aren't allowed. If anything, having a discussion makes it more likely the thread won't be locked when the mods come back in.

Edited by Vandicus

I paid for all that gear with my subscription since launch. You didn't.

I'd support allowing access to this gear for anyone with the founder title.

Could you just imagine the QQ on the forums if that happened? I actually like this idea, but it'd cause so many more QQ threads that it might not be worth it. ;)

As someone who earned this gear at 50;

I want it back for my alts.

/sign

Same for me. I was there, I got the sets, even spare ones, and I want to be able to use them on my newer alts.

I don't see the point in reducing variety when this game is all about looks and cosmetics.

Same for me. I was there, I got the sets, even spare ones, and I want to be able to use them on my newer alts.

I don't see the point in reducing variety when this game is all about looks and cosmetics.

The point is that you have enough variety that Bioware can afford to keep a few sets exclusive. The only way I'd agree to Bioware bringing the sets back is if they did this:

Edited by Essence_of_Light

This a 1000x. I cry all night long when I realize my Mercenary will never have the chance to look like Mandalore the Vindicated.

This is a great idea. In fact they could add a set of Founder vendors up by the CE guy in the VIP area. There's a bunch of stuff they could sell.

In fact it's such a good idea that Bio will never do it.

This is a great idea. In fact they could add a set of Founder vendors up by the CE guy in the VIP area. There's a bunch of stuff they could sell.

In fact it's such a good idea that Bio will never do it.

Agreed. I've been subbed since launch, where's my seniority benefits? Galactic social security isn't what it use to be.

I understand that a lot of people feel that because we did not support the game since launch, we should not be allowed to wear it. I'll point out that it's not like we're going to have the gear handed to us, we'd have to do all the same work as the veteran players and run a bunch of content just to get a few pieces. The only point is that the gear was more sensible for the classes then they are now, the old Imperial Agent armor especially. Even the old Consular gear, while looking absolutely absurd, matched the class. Most of the diplomats in the game wear crazy stuff and the consular's dish hat is supposed to go with that theme. Again, I'm asking that the gear be brought back purely for class sensible appearance and I don't want it handed to us.

I have that set.. and I don't want to ever wear it again on my sage.. EVER. But then the next tier up is even worse.

This little number is what made me stop playing for a while..

http://swtorguideh.com/wp-content/gallery/black-in-hole/Jedi-Consular-Gear-Tier-2-Black-in-Hole.jpg

That's the issue I keep having for the most part, whenever people bash these old sets. It's not like the stuff that followed them is better, appearance wise.

Also, having a BH using BH / Campaign / Dread Guard armor shells, seeing that jet pack looking pretty on the back, only to see the rocket boost coming from his or her feet is facepalm worthy. Still hoping Bioware fixes that someday.

Id on't see the big deal in letting everyone have it. The people who have their original sets will have purple version and the new ones will be orange. Everyone can be a special snowflake in one way or another.

This would be fine with me, I don't care what color rarity the sets are. For the love of god please don't redo them in a ****ty/ exposed version, just keep em the same.