Zero reason to play gsf - need "ground" incentive and LEGACY based requisition

If you have been around awhile, you know its a challenge....to keep playing if you were just getting into it after it had been out some time.

Yeah, i do not like being spawn camped, so naturally I do not. I dont like bomber spam either, because its an easy way to victory against noobish teams that dont know how to fight it.

There is not a thing I can do in any circumstance to prevent those things, because people will do what they want.

And, i know form experience, it doesnt help talking to them about it either.

I have played from day one. So, really we were all on the same level of experience back then. Most got better than me.

But, if you keep at it and learn from mistakes, you do get better.

I pride myself on evasive flying, because I have been chased by the best there is in gsf, and killed many times over. So, my defensive skills bloomed before my offensive skills had.

Yeah, i see where you are coming from. Considering that has been one of my pet peeves since they took turrets away from spawns in TDM.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe, for conquest, they can put more "get X medal" in the objective list. Damage medal, kill medal, assist medal, repair medal, sat medal. Maybe also make one for "ate X powerups" in TDM in place of objectives (maybe 2-3).

Maybe also "MVP in X category." We know there exists a way to check for MVP, because it's in achievements.

• 2 months later...
GSF isnt for the faint of heart. It never has been. Ground pvpers come and play gsf and announce gsf sucks because they dont know how to do it the first time or two out.

You got to play. Your skill level will certainly be slower than the time ti takes to master your ships.

There are people that have played for years and are only average at best. Its not a bad thing, its just that some people are better at things.

You will not be a major factor in gsf overnight. Put in some time, learn what you could do better after each match and build on that knowledge. Instead of, damn, i sucked and hang your head. Ask veterans for advice, ship builds, etc.

Do not hang your head and pronounce 'zero reason to play gsf'. Do it because it is a challenge

Because i can tell you first hand, it gets frustrating sometimes. But, when that GSF switch flips on in your head, you will have a great time.

I understand your POV and why you like it this way. But at the same time, the reality is that this game is a themepark MMO designed (and 'budgeted') to attract as large audience as possible to secure funds and option for further developement and improvement. By definition, this is not a niche hardcore challenge game. It absolutely can and should have challenge be part of it, but in all facets it should also be noob/bad/story-friendly. Which GSF is not and actively championing the seclusion of GSF into a challenge bubble does nothing but hurt the mode and the larger mother-game. The harder to get into the game and learn it, the less players will bother. The less connection and incentives, the less players will bother. In turn, devs will see low numbers and avoid futher investement in the section of the game that doesn't prove itself to be popular enough.