Why are there so many fickle people threatening to cancle Pre-Order?

ColdLogic

Threatening? I did it. I don't stand for unfairness in anyway. Since this is a wall street type of launch I retuned SWTOR to Gamestop. I'm here for one reason and one reason only, to let Bioware/EA know they completlely dropped the ball with this fiasco.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh when people compare it to Rift, they added like 500000 servers on the fly, and then within a month the population was too spread and servers went ghost. Yea, that was a great idea!

Something that can't do with SWTOR. Thanks to not launching guilds at the same time servers are becoming full before whole guilds are even online. What Im saying is they dug themselves in a hole they can't get out of. Add more servers and who would join? How many guilds are rolling on a new server, not one they where assigned to? Doubt many, this will over inflate the current servers then. More and more as they fill up.

Rifts head start was fine and great, what happened after was irrelevant. At least with Rift different stores offed different color crap. Bioware is too lazy.

I find it humerus and sad at the same time... seriously, grow up! I'm getting tired of this self entitlement attitude that has become ever prevalent in modern society. Just stop it...

Bioware didn't have to extend the Pre-Order early access by an additional two days, and they're doing everything they can to make sure things go smooth.

I hate this topic! Cancelling my pre-order now!

Im glad people like you don't make it in at early launch because it proves just how bad you are at games in general, you can't pay someone to make you play better.

If your really looking forward to a game launch you really gotta go back and re-think your life. When you line up at midnight do you really think oh i'm gonna get way more stuff than everyone else? If you wanted a guarantee wait till the 20th =D

Life is a time investment, the more time I invest the more reward I get. Its that simple. Be it money, love, or games.

Plus you got my troll, Im on food stamps sir lolol.

I find it humerus and sad at the same time... seriously, grow up! I'm getting tired of this self entitlement attitude that has become ever prevalent in modern society. Just stop it...

Bioware didn't have to extend the Pre-Order early access by an additional two days, and they're doing everything they can to make sure things go smooth.

You don't realize that MMORPGs are a competitive world. Were it skyrim and staggered release, nobody would give a ****.

But here, a group of people is getting an unfair advantage over another group of people.

Hence the rage

Read my post above. I preorder to play THE VERY SECOND THE SERVERS COME ONLINE. Do they want 10000$ so I can play today? If that was an option I would be in. If they told me to buy it on 7/21 so I can play today, I would have preordered then not 7 days later......

All that matters is, I play when the servers go live, I would have done anything to ensure this if I was given all the info. Rift did such a good head start I'm spoiled I guess. It was just such a shock to see a launch and patches so smooth and fast. This just makes you wonder how hard there actually working. I'm afraid people are so lazy it seems.

Now Im not threatening to cancel and I like the game, just after seeing a lower budget game launch smooth when they got near double what they expected population wise. This just hurts. :confused:

When you bought your pre-order, you were promised "up to 5 days of pre-launch access." It's currently 7 days before the official launch date. You can start crying if you don't get in on the 15th.

Life is a time investment, the more time I invest the more reward I get. Its that simple. Be it money, love, or games.

Plus you got my troll, Im on food stamps sir lolol.

looks like you didnt invest enough time rofl I enjoy seeing people like you and this world works alot different my friend you don't get anywhere without knowing someone, your 3-4 years in college can equal one conversation, life isn't fair deal with it.

If you were a true gamer you'd enjoy the challenge of catching up to the people from the 1st wave, ive beta tested enough to know exactly why im gonna do in the next day or two so when it happens doesnt matter =D

Enjoy life as it is and don't always be disappointed with things bro

Did anyone else TIME INVEST into beta to help this from starting? I invested all my beta time to HELP them develop the game FOR FREE! Get this, one time I helped STRESS TEST. I'm now confused about what I was doing with my time >< I hope they read my feedback at least.

Read my post above. I preorder to play THE VERY SECOND THE SERVERS COME ONLINE. Do they want 10000$ so I can play today? If that was an option I would be in. If they told me to buy it on 7/21 so I can play today, I would have preordered then not 7 days later......

All that matters is, I play when the servers go live, I would have done anything to ensure this if I was given all the info. Rift did such a good head start I'm spoiled I guess. It was just such a shock to see a launch and patches so smooth and fast. This just makes you wonder how hard there actually working. I'm afraid people are so lazy it seems.

Now Im not threatening to cancel and I like the game, just after seeing a lower budget game launch smooth when they got near double what they expected population wise. This just hurts. :confused:

It was posted numerous times that when preorders went live that those that ordered first and put their codes in would get into EGA first. You were told to order on 21/7 if you wanted to get in on the first day. It is YOUR fault if you did not read up on this or listen to their information.

They also mentionned that it would be a staggered access so I fail to see why it is a fiasco.

i think it is more about someone getting something before the other. some ppl that play mmos have no life and want to get 50 first and all the good gear first and if some ppl start before them then they might not get it first...... so i think ppl just need to suck it up and quit ************ its a game and you will get to play in a few days.

When you bought your pre-order, you were promised "up to 5 days of pre-launch access." It's currently 7 days before the official launch date. You can start crying if you don't get in on the 15th.

Promises? Why does that matter? If they got rid of head start I would not care. If it was 2 days I would not care. What matters is people want to play the first second you can. People will go out of there way for this. They could have increased pre orders by letting people know more details. This was rushed, seems.... LAZY LAZY LAZY

Lazy people are taking over this world ><

It was posted numerous times that when preorders went live that those that ordered first and put their codes in would get into EGA first. You were told to order on 21/7 if you wanted to get in on the first day. It is YOUR fault if you did not read up on this or listen to their information.

They also mentionned that it would be a staggered access so I fail to see why it is a fiasco.

Can you prove that they mentioned this on 21/7 or before? If someone ordered 22/7 they should be in the game right now. They should have RNGed everyone, I should be in the next wave but I'd rather it go random even right now. Its more fair at that rate.

I am laughing reading that people actually took off work thinking they would get in today. No matter when you redeemed your code they aren't going by so who ever said wait in the line about who redeemed first.....that's wrong. I know to people that bought the game 4 days ago and redeemed there code and are in. It's obvious they are going buy where you purchased the game first by going through all there sellers of the game. It seems that Origin has 1st dibs. Also when it said up to 5 days early access that didn't mean you would get the 5 days. It meant that you could be allowed in sometime during that time frame.I laugh at all when they can't get in until day 5 at 11:59 pm on the 19th.....but that is early access...and believe me it will happen. So people should not complain about when they are getting in the game.

Wrong. I registered my CE on 7/21/11. My purchase was via Amazon w/ in 4 hours of the pre-order announcement. I got in at 7:01 AM EST today.

I think the problem is

£39.99 For the game

£5.00 For the Pre-order

now tbh I'f I'm actually PAYING to play early I WANT to play early.

tbh I payed for a pre-order and now I'm regretting it simply due to the fact I got payed late and just missed the cut off date. I'm not going to get to play till what maby 1 day ahead?

so whats the point. specially since people took days of work to play well in advance and now don't even have a fixed schedule.

I'm not moaning just a bit annoyed.

some people just take it to the extreme as they find they are entitled to it :/