no helmet, no way.

CthulhuRyleh

I am level 48 on my Bounty Hunter right now, I have the armor from red reaper flash point and the helmet I got with commendations from belsavis (I'm pretty sure).

I have always shown my helmet since I got a cool looking once because, well I like it that way.

I recently decided not to show my helmet for some role play purposes, first thing I noticed is how strange I looked. My big bulky armor without a helmet makes me looks like some odd cartoon character who is terribly awkward looking, so I immediately put my helmet back on a vowed to never take it off. I have the body type three which I found most appropriate for the bounty hunter but I wonder if this is the reason I look so odd without a helmet now.

Try the Sith style facemask. Its dark metal/greyish and only covers the neck, mouth, and nose. Its something you would wear when you didn't have your helmet and it might help to break up the small head look

There are many different versions of this same item for heavy, medium, light armors. Some are orange and moddable, some are not. For heavy armor, there are 2 shades of the moddable version. A lighter grey and a darker grey. I use the darker one for my PvE set and also on my Marauder alt

Both of the "fat guy" body styles look ridiculous without a helmet, and type 30 is very dependent on how bulky the armor is. Even a jedi/sith body type 4 or 5 with armor that has the hood down and no helmet looks like Betelgiuse with a shrunken head.

Males and females body 1 and 2 look fine with no helmet. I have never seen a body type 5 female (in game).

The key thing to remember is what the OP said... "I look like a cartoon"... that's on purpose and it's the one thing about the graphics in this game that was a majorly bad idea.

Edited by bahdasz

• 2 weeks later...
I am level 48 on my Bounty Hunter right now, I have the armor from red reaper flash point and the helmet I got with commendations from belsavis (I'm pretty sure).

I have always shown my helmet since I got a cool looking once because, well I like it that way.

I recently decided not to show my helmet for some role play purposes, first thing I noticed is how strange I looked. My big bulky armor without a helmet makes me looks like some odd cartoon character who is terribly awkward looking, so I immediately put my helmet back on a vowed to never take it off. I have the body type three which I found most appropriate for the bounty hunter but I wonder if this is the reason I look so odd without a helmet now.

Yeah, I just came back (haven't played since the beta) and rolled a BH. After getting all the way to level 10, I couldn't stand how goofy the type 3 body looked. So I deleted him and rerolled. At that point, it's not that much of an investment in the character, so I'm not terrbly upset.

There's a grand tradition of big guys in massive powered armor with tiny, tiny heads in sci-fi. ;)

I'll admit to not liking the looks of most of the helmets I've had with any of my characters, so I usually turn them off. Sometimes the armor can make it look a little strange but I also just like seeing my character's face in dialogues instead of a helmet; I want to be the hero, not my armor.

I do also run with Body Type 2 so that might make a difference. I have tried Body Type 3 as a male character before and just thought it was too over the top.