Bravo BW....Bravo...

DarkkChaos

I am impressed...I am so impressed, I'm going to even go as far to saw that YES...F2P saved this game!

Game goes F2P on November 15, 2012.

Since that date, we have seen 3 difference Cartel Coin packages containing tons (yes, for this game....TONS) of new items being released into the game.

And now, we finally have the announcement of what everyone has been waiting for: First Digital Expansion!!!

Now, call me a crazy...but when you say "First" in anything, your implying more to come! It is about time this game got it's act together....yes, I'm still CTD every 2 hours...yes, there are still bugs and issues. But clearly something has lit a fire under someone's rear....and this game IS making a comeback!

Pre-ordered expansion already and I am stoked to see the future of this game! I can finally say with confidence....this game HAS a future!

I can finally say with confidence....this game HAS a future!

Asheron's Call 2 has a future, what's your point?

Pretty much every MMO on the market as a future, my question is what is the level of quality of that future.

Unless they announce something else, they are spending a massive amount of on what seems to be little more than DLC.

In this time SOE has created 2 fully fledged expansions for Everquest.

If SWToR wants to have a good future apart from just a future, then Bioware needs to pick up speed in quality, something they have been falling behind in.

If SWToR wants to have a good future apart from just a future, then Bioware needs to pick up speed in quality, something they have been falling behind in.

I would consider the amount of game expansion we've seen since F2P a definite PICK UP since the game launched a year ago.

Problem is....if the company backing the game doesn't see a future...it's hard to get a game going. Now that people are dumping $$$ into the game (subs and F2P players) - BW has seen a future. More content = more players = more money.

Asheron's Call 2 has a future, what's your point?

Pretty much every MMO on the market as a future, my question is what is the level of quality of that future.

Unless they announce something else, they are spending a massive amount of on what seems to be little more than DLC.

In this time SOE has created 2 fully fledged expansions for Everquest.

OK, look at the graphical quality of everquest. Look at SW:TOR. Imagine the time it takes to make a quest in Everquest. Imagine the time it takes to make a quest in SW:TOR.

That's why we don't get an expansion every 3 months.

I would consider the amount of game expansion we've seen since F2P a definite PICK UP since the game launched a year ago.

Problem is....if the company backing the game doesn't see a future...it's hard to get a game going. Now that people are dumping $$$ into the game (subs and F2P players) - BW has seen a future. More content = more players = more money.

They have announced an 'expansion' which no doubt was in production before the choice of F2P was made.

Thing is that this game always had money in it, at launch it had what around 2 million players and for a while it had 1 million and before F2P it had what around 600k?

That is more subs and more money than most MMOs on the market, yet despite this Bioware pretty much added in very little and left this to rot.

The problem isn't money and number of players, the problem is the ignorance of Bioware.

PS. If more content = more players, then why isn't Everquest more popular as World of Warcraft?

OK, look at the graphical quality of everquest. Look at SW:TOR. Imagine the time it takes to make a quest in Everquest. Imagine the time it takes to make a quest in SW:TOR.

Everquest is made on a vastly inferior engine to SWToR and has vastly less resources than SWToR.

Everquest has to share the same team with about 3 different MMOs, yet they can still make fresh new content with brand new areas which don't feel like rehashs.

On top of this they still provided plenty of free updates (some of which are larger than this new 'expansion').

The issue is that Bioware is completely ignorant of how to run MMOs, it has nothing to do with graphics.

You do know Makeb will cost about 10 bucks and everyone will complete it in like one or two days at most, right? I don't need to go into why you're wrong about EQLive since others have. There is EVE Online with it's truly massive free expansions that come with graphics updates, I noticed a huge difference between how my Rifter looked back in 2006 and recently in 2011. Nevermind the stations or the gigantic cargo ships that are a mile long and dwarf my 747-sized little ship in Jita.