Marauders and Powertechs need a nerf

JediDuckling

Jediduckling do you realize after looking at all your past post that the vast majority are all crying posts begging for nerfs to classes? If you spent more time playing the game then you do begging for nerfs in the forums you would be a Ceasar!....Just an observation cause quite frankly the people like you IMO are a cancer to MMO's always begging to nerf this and nerf that.

i test the class's and know from experience most of my past threads are about 90% accurate,its just my posts/threads get trolled and flamed from players trying to defend there overpowerd class trying to justify it being that way so it dont get nerfed.

ive played mmo's far to long and know what im on about

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the burst dps for the pure dps tree such as pyrotech was not nerfed,infact it feels more like its been buffed and if it has that wasnt a very bright idea.

pyrotechs and the vanguards version is far to powerfull for it to be kept the way it is and i can understand players trying to defend there class but its far to strong to be kept this way.

Yes it has. Twice. one nerf to ARP on railshot/Hib and the placing of an internal 6 sec cooldown on the RS/HiB cooldown reset.

If you dont understand what you're talking about. Dont talk.

you must have recruit gear on your powertech or being attacked by undergeared powertechs

his numbers are right. the problem people are having is that they have jumped a mental gap on flame burst.

flame burst, initial hit (crit) is around 2.5k, and then the dot ticks for 3 more GCD for another ~2.5k, for a potential of 5k dmg.

that means to do the full 5k, it's 4.5 seconds. additionally, if you spam FB, it overwrites the tick, so everytime you hit it, you essentially lose ~1.6k damage.

this is what i mean when i say people who are QQ'ing really are doing themselves a disservice by just following the cry, without presenting any actual evidence to back up their claim (numbers).

we all know BW goes by their metrics. if you can't show that the numbers favor PT, bioware sure as hell isn't gonna buy it.

I can't believe this thread is still going. OP is most likely (and my most likely I mean 100%) bad at the game.

the only people bad at the game are the ones that choose willingly to play class's/specs that are to powerfull and need a nerf.

jedi duckling 1

wookieenator 0

just wanted to pick a nit with you.

a WH geared pyro, with zerker buff, his own buff, can only open with incendiary missile -> thermal detonator -> railshot.

that's the absolute max burst, and requires 3 GCD, which is 4.5s.

Nitpicking back: That's 2 GCD's, and takes 3 seconds.

0sec: incendiary missile

<1st GCD>

1.5sec: thermal detonator

<2nd GCD>

3.0 sec: railshot

the only people bad at the game are the ones that choose willingly to play class's/specs that are to powerfull and need a nerf.

jedi duckling 1

wookieenator 0

I've said this before, and ill say it again i made a Sentinel when we purely sucked before we got buffed. I didn't make it because its supposedly fotm.

L2P!

Nitpicking back: That's 2 GCD's, and takes 3 seconds.

0sec: incendiary missile

<1st GCD>

1.5sec: thermal detonator

<2nd GCD>

3.0 sec: railshot

same difference, you're not allowed to do anything until 4.5s, unless you're stipulating that after 3seconds, you're somehow able to do something before 4.5s?

I'm starting to think you are just plain clueless, and sorry your server has a in-balance of those classes...mine has tons of Sorc's should I cry about them? And please answer me whats so hard about working with a team to kill someone? Clearly your lack of friends/team play is your down fall. Just because you "think" they are over powered does not make them so. Put some effort in and talk to the people in this forums that tell you they have no problem with us and ask them for some tips. Until I figured out Pyro's I had a very bad time with them (not once did I come here to call for a nerf) I found and befriended one and dueled them and asked them for tips.

what im starting to think is you have no idea what balance is and you have no idea what you are even talking about.

this is how you play a pyrotech

find your target

throw the bomb you get from unlocking at 31 points in pyrotech

grapple

flame burst

rail shot

dead target thats if that all crits which 80% of the time it seems to and if that dont kill them just spam flame burst which ignores armor for about 3k-5k which procs your cell dealing an aditional 2k just from that.

this is from experience and playing a pyrotech myself

i also have a WH commando fully augmented out 5k armor 1259 expertise and 19500 hp it takes all but 5 seconds for a pyrotech to kill me with that combo i just mentioned above.

That kind of claim needs combat log, It's not nice to lie

I've said this before, and ill say it again i made a Sentinel when we purely sucked before we got buffed. I didn't make it because its supposedly fotm.

L2P!

they didnt suck before they was actualy a normal class the only problem with it as people most likely like you that couldnt play a sentinel cryed and now its gotten overbuffed,this is the issue and its a l2p issue on people like your end.

Anyone who has eyes, can see they are over powered, but they will still be defended to the hilt, to make sure the remain at the top of the charts on everything.

they're not actually top of the charts in dps (or heals or protection, obviously). they do, however, have an absurdly large number of abilities (mostly frustating dcds) and are pretty much the most important single AC for a rated grp. imo, of course. but there you have it.

sents and maras are pure pvp bs atm, anyone who says otherwise are just trying to protect their facerolling tendencies

Pyros are a crapshoot, they dont have insane burst, they have insane damage if all the numbers line up and yeah its as annoying as hell when you drop like a stone as fast as you can blink but people tend not to remember the times they tear up the pyros because they were not getting the numbers. They have the best potential but classes are not balanced around a best possible case so I dont know where they could go here.

I did word my first post poorly and this may be a more accurate count of "true stuns." This also doesn't include roots though which as long as you stay outside of melee range is essentially the same thing as a stun to a sent/marr as they have few abilities that can hit a ranged target. When a root is on us we cannot use our leap to get close to anyone and the root has no relationship to our resolve. Most classes have a root as well, this means there could potentially be a stun/root put on a marrauder which would incapacitate them for quite a bit of time which means they would need to pop their defensive skills just to be able to survive and hit back.

I agree, but you have snares and roots of your own to use as well. This is just part of the kite/anti-kite mechanic in the game and seems fairly balanced as it is. I wasn't kidding in my first post though, you had me going until the last part. I'd say UR has to go, but as I only rolled a sentinel to have a JK toon, I can't say I'm an expert. I would at least go as far as lowering the time to 4 seconds and not allowing any healing or medpack use for 6 seconds. It still gives the mara that extra bit at the end to kill their target in 2-3 GCD's, but it also means they don't get another half life plus 6 seconds of invincibility like they do now by popping a medpack right after using UR. I might even throw in a free DoT cleanse when the effect wears off just so they don't get killed by some little DoT after winning the fight. The other DCD's are a pain to deal with, but otherwise maras would, as you say, have no defenses to counter the necessity for melee range in an 8v8 confrontation.

they didnt suck before they was actualy a normal class the only problem with it as people most likely like you that couldnt play a sentinel cryed and now its gotten overbuffed,this is the issue and its a l2p issue on people like your end.

Yeah sure, did you have a Marauder or Sentinel back then? when Ravage and Master Strike didn't hit half the time. Stop qqing and L2P. Seems like someone has been being killed the same Mara/Pt and is crying for a nerf, <3

Edited by PowerReaper

if you knew what trolling ment you are doing just that and you are lame by trolling me spoting rubish you have no clue about :rak_03:

I have plenty of clues and have offered u solutions, you spout nothing but a opinion with a lack of any facts. Typical liberal stance........

Edited by Pvtcarnage

find your target

grapple

flame burst

rail shot

dead target thats if that all crits which 80% of the time it seems to and if that dont kill them just spam flame burst which ignores armor for about 3k-5k which procs your cell dealing an aditional 2k just from that.

i also have a WH commando fully augmented out 5k armor 1259 expertise and 19500 hp it takes all but 5 seconds for a pyrotech to kill me with that combo i just mentioned above.

honestly, at this point, either he/she is a troll, or just completely clueless. people need to stop responding and perpetuating this crap.

if ANY pyro used this as their opening sequence, i would take the time to type in "/laugh" and then own them, while face tanking the dot while they're stunned.

i really can't think of a worse opening combo for a pyro, except maybe if you auto-attacked from 30m to point blank, and then FB->RS.

honestly, at this point, either he/she is a troll, or just completely clueless. people need to stop responding and perpetuating this crap.

if ANY pyro used this as their opening sequence, i would take the time to type in "/laugh" and then own them, while face tanking the dot while they're stunned.

i really can't think of a worse opening combo for a pyro, except maybe if you auto-attacked from 30m to point blank, and then FB->RS.

Im betting most of the time Jediduckling wonders why HiB/RS doesnt work and gets greyed out slightly.

Ive also thought of one

Cyro-HiB

Edited by Oscibi

find your target

grapple

flame burst

rail shot

Best. Post. Ever.

I'm laughing so hard right now. This post needs to be stickied. PYROTECHS, THIS IS HOW YOU BURST.

i will start by explaining Marauder and Sentinels.

For the 1,000th time? By now you should've figured it out.

JD, you and your pal Frosty lead the boards in the amount of tears spilled over Marauders and Powertechs. Why you insist on recreating the same threads and calls for nerfs is beyond reason. Your posts are filled with nothing but garbage information and exaggerated examples.

You're bad. We get it. Time to seek therapy and move forward.

Edited by TheronFett

Check out his post history on created topics...the derp is strong in this one.

My guildies and I have played a combined total of 124 ranked warzone matches across two servers from our three ranked teams. We record each match and take screenshots of each victory/defeat screen.

Class......................................# present in 124 RWZs

PowerTech/Vanguard..........372

Marauders/Sentinels...........402

Snipers/Gunslingers............21

Sorc/Sage...........................50

Jugg/Guardian....................42

Assassin/Shadow................83

Operative/Scoundrel...........22

Merc/Commando.................20

I'm sure marauders and powertechs outnumber the other classes in ranked warzones by a factor of 10 only because people like their animations :rolleyes: