Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I understand this:

When this deal is live, you need to buy Cartel Coins off the website, at full price.

Only when then finalizes, can you buy Cartel Coins in-game, for half price. But only once.

When this deal ends, it forgets everything, so next time the deal comes up, you need buy Cartel Coins off the website, to activate it in-game, to buy Cartel Coins half price, etc.

?

I was wondering the same thing...I make monthly purchases on my card as it is with my sub...this smells of a scam.

What do you consider my recurring subscription? VISA considers it a purchase.

I didnt have any problem enabling it, I last purchased CC's about 4 weeks ago. All I needed to do was select enable and confirm my CC I have used the entire time.

Maybe there is a time limit since the last time you used the CC to purchase coins? IDK just some info.

It doesn't support paypal because use of paypal requires a web interface, which would defeat the purpose of being able to purchase in-game in the first place.

There is a way to still use Pay pal or have it come out of your Pay pal account .. IF you have a pay pal debit Card you can still have it come out of your pay pal there is no charge to your Debit card ... fee wise ..

SO pay pal is still use able just not a direct purchase off your pay pal account with out the use of a debit card ..

I just did it in game , so i know it works .. ":) ...

Just a tip .. :) ..

when they say : Subscribers receive a 50% discount on the first purchase made using the in-game feature.

they do indeed mean one click one time buy .. :)

Edited by tanktest

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've made a total of 3 purchases since this whole thing started and when I hit enable, it wants me to buy more from the website. I was under the impression that if you haven't made a purchase before, that you need to make one to enable the in-game deal.

sAME, MY LAST PURCHASE SHOWS IN jULY 2013 AND KEEPS ASKING ME TO PURCHASE AS WELL FROM WEBSITE.

(Sorry caps and not going to retype).

if i can't use PayPal you won't see any money from me.... and i was so eager spend some

and when you click enable the info clearly states

You must make a purchase of Cartel Coins with a valid credit card or debit card before you can enable a payment method for Cartel Coin purchases in the game.
Edited by Nebdar

No Paypal = no purchase from me. Not going to buy a bundle at full price, just to get more coins at a lower price and be forced into using a payment method I don't want to use. Quite disappointing but not the end of the world - on the plus side you've helped me cut back on some spending :)

Maybe there is a time limit since the last time you used the CC to purchase coins? IDK just some info.

It was at least six months ago when I purchased CC, and the "enable" feature worked fine for me, so I don't think that is it. Perhaps credit card expiration or the user did not opt for the system to save the card info?

As a dad, I have few questions about this:

Once the ability to purchase coins is enabled, can it be disabled?

I'd really like the ability to toggle this... so I don't have kids buying stuff on accident.

Also, do you have to enter a password or use an authenticator code each time? Or is this a one click shopping thing?

I believe you can select change payment options on your CC page in your account, and one option is to disable it.

So there's no Paypal support and if you've always been paying with Paypal, then you don't even qualify for the offer unless you first make a purchase of coins at full price by card...

No sale, Bioware. Not good enough.

Edited by Amarinth

Went to enable in-game purchase and it tried making me pay for more CC before it would allow me to. Really? I already bought some, with a credit card no less, so I should just be able to jump right in. But no, somehow the website has "forgotten."

I had the opposite experience.

1) I logged into my account on the web

2) I opened my CC page and selected the enable button, selected the payment option on my account (a valid CC linked to the account. [note: I use game time cards for time, but I do have a valid credit card attached to the account from back early on when I was on recurring sub]

3) I logged in to the game and selected the buy coins button in the CC window and it processed my request and gave me a popup window with the same coin quantity purchase choices as the web site, all at half price.

4) I selected the 5500 coins for $20 and hit buy and hit confirm on the second popup

5) 5500 coins immediately appeared on my CC balance.

Edited by Andryah

"Now is the time to check out all of our latest additions to the Cartel Market, like the newly added Treek Ewok Companion and other great items like the new Varactyl Mount!" Guess they didn't even bother to update the news announcement from when they first tried this....Treek has been out for 5 months, haha.

"Now is the time to check out all of our latest additions to the Cartel Market, like the newly added Treek Ewok Companion and other great items like the new Varactyl Mount!" Guess they didn't even bother to update the news announcement from when they first tried this....Treek has been out for 5 months, haha.

LOL.. she's still new....ish. :D

They have a hyper crate on sale for half price today by the way. That should get some pedal action from buyers I bet.

Curious - are you guys using the same credit card that you used then?

It was at least six months ago when I purchased CC, and the "enable" feature worked fine for me, so I don't think that is it. Perhaps credit card expiration or the user did not opt for the system to save the card info?

I have two credit cards that I've used for CC purchases. On one, it's the same card but I had to update the expiration date. On the other card, it's a new number because someone tried to rip off that CC number last week and had to have my bank re-issue me a new card. Either way, if you're telling me that using new cards or having to update expiration dates is disqualifying people that have previously made CC purchases on their credit cards, then that is the dumbest system and I can't believe it took this long to implement it. How freaking hard is it to have a simple system check that only allows users to enable the feature if they have any previous purchases credited to their user account? I can pull up my entire credit card purchase history on my account page so obviously the data necessary to run such a system check is readily handy.

LOL.. she's still new....ish. :D

They have a hyper crate on sale for half price today by the way. That should get some pedal action from buyers I bet.

And here I thought there was a new Varactyl mount on the market....imagine my disappointment when I realized they were talking about the one that first came out 3 packs ago, lol.

And here I thought there was a new Varactyl mount on the market....imagine my disappointment when I realized they were talking about the one that first came out 3 packs ago, lol.

LOL... I never said it was a NEW pack. :p However, that would have been an excellent time to open up in game CC purchases IMO. :D

Edited by Andryah

So there's no Paypal support and if you've always been paying with Paypal, then you don't even qualify for the offer unless you first make a purchase of coins at full price by card...

No sale, Bioware. Not good enough.

The way the system appears to work, I'm not sure how PayPal would work for this.

Question... are you able to put recurring subscriptions on PayPal such that they autobill Paypal without your intervention after you set up a recurring sub???? If not.. there is your answer right there.

A PayPal debit card should work though.

LOL... I never said it was a NEW pack. :p However, that would have been an excellent time to open up in game CC purchases IMO. :D

No, not you. I was referring to their post. It says" "Now is the time to check out all of our latest additions to the Cartel Market, like the newly added Treek Ewok Companion and other great items like the new Varactyl Mount!" So they had me thinking there was a new Varactyl in the CM, lol.