Newb questions about datacrons

Ikod

So ive been researching the locs for these each time I start a new planet. I noted that Balmora (my next destination) has both Repubyuck! and Imperial datacrons. Does this mean that they are only accessable to these factions or just that they are located in faction x controlled areas and that I can risk getting killed if I am willing to sneak in and capture the cron?

Actually the Imperial Balmorra and Imperial Taris are different from the Republic Balmorra and Taris. The Republic Balmorra is a level 32-36 planet whereas the Imperial Balmorra is a level 16-20 planet. Weird huh?

So if the guide you're using describes a datacron as "Republic" then it's actually not possible for you to get it.

unfortunately, on a few planets, the republic and imperial versions of the planet are distincts eventhough they have the same map layout.

For example, Republic Taris is the map during day time, while Imperial Taris is the map during night time. You won't encounter the other faction as there is no overlap.

On the other hand, Alderaan, Tatooine, Hoth, Nar Shadaa, Voss share the same map for both faction, but as you noted, the regions are "controlled" by their respective faction (with level 50 guards) so the datacrons are more often than not not accessible.

Good to know. I spent lots of time in vanilla WoW and SWG corpse hopping to get to somplace in StormWind City or other Aliance controlled area or upper level zone and I was not sure if I could use a similar method to "hop" to factionaly controlled Datacrons to be able to benefit from them. Edited by Ikod