To the complainers

For all you complainers about how swtor is boring and the lack and of content and the lev of difficulty in OP. I have run both and really yea they are easy to do and both can be compleded in 1 night by any serious guilds. But my point and quest both is whats wrong with this? One of the main reason is their is hardly any trash and if any at all between the bosses. From my 15 plus years of raiding in many diff mmos, this is one of the best things they could have done. All you wow lovers ***** an complain that there is no content and how easy it is. My question to you is how many of actually played original wow. The first year was just as bad end game wise. Had 2 instances both 40 man, really 40 man yea they reliazed they messed up and scraped that. There was nights you ran MC and really could go afk for most fights and no one would even notice cause half the raid could wipe and you could still kill anyone in there, also the hours spent killing pointless trash over and over again for weeks/months whats the point. For the few people that did play back then how many times did you on Garr just become the bomb and try to blow up your best friends or guild leader just cause you were so sick of the the boredom. And dont even get me started with onyxia. It took them months to come out with BWL and really there was not improvment here either. They learned their lesson over time and reduced the size and started coming out with the best today end game bosses but it took them time. All im trying to say is give SWTOR the same time next time you all bash them for how much it sucks and how bored you are. You cant build a epic game in a day.....

I agree. Paragraphs exist for a reason. Otherwise the entire mess blurs together.

Word of advice, though: If this thread is about what I'm guessing it's about, Complaining about Complainers, while therapeutic, never actually solves anything.

Problem is the MMO community today compared to Vanilla WoW day is really bad. Yes I say bad because so many people want instance gratification.

*Cross server LFD tool so they can get into a Instance within 15 minutes they dont want to put any effort into making friends in game

*They want Solo Raids that give the same gear as RAIDS

*They cant accept that end game was not properly tuned when they rushed past 90% of the game.

Anyone who played Vanilla WoW and liked it for what it was understands this.

*Games will have bugs and it will take time to fix them

*Dont rush to end game because its not worth it

*Make friends, join a guild that fits you and you will more often then not have people that will run instances with you

*Raiding will define itself for the game over the course of 6 months to a year.

I am getting tired of hearing Terra or Diablo will kill SWTOR. If people want to go to Terra because they NEED a Cross Server LFD tool because they refuse to use social skills in an MMO let them go. If people want to go to Diablo because they can play it buy themselves because they dont want to group with people let them go. These are the people that WoW pandered too just to make money and destroy the quality of the game.

I want to play with people who understand that in an MMO Flashpoints and Raids are for multiple people and must group with them. I want to play with people that yes hold BW accountable for making good end game content however understand it will go through some phases. I want to play with people who do not want to make SWTOR a single player game that you pay a monthly fee for, this is just illogical and really dumb.

Problem is the MMO community today compared to Vanilla WoW day is really bad. Yes I say bad because so many people want instance gratification.

*Cross server LFD tool so they can get into a Instance within 15 minutes they dont want to put any effort into making friends in game

Yes please!

Yes please!

*They cant accept that end game was not properly tuned when they rushed past 90% of the game.

:confused: I don't see why you would skip most of the game if you're after instant gratification. Seems to me that skipping fun stuff to get to the endgame sooner is the opposite of seeking instant gratification.

Regardless, I agree that the endgame is missing a lot of stuff like LFD and LFR and need roll bonuses that should have been in since day 1. There's a lot of post-WoW MMOs but not a lot of post-WoW MMO developers, which I guess is why it's taking BioWare so long to add those missing pieces.

Despite the OP's lack of paragraphs I think I get where they are coming from. I truly don't understand the surge of hatred and or disappointment aimed towards Bioware lately. They have been responsible for some of my favourite games over the years. I think that all the complainers truly don't understand the mind bending scale of having a FULLY voiced MMO.

Sure some of the vendors re-use voices but they aren't vitally important to the sense of immersion in the same way the quest dialogue is. The only complaint I have with SW:TOR? I NEED a filter for my companions `witty` comments that they utter approximately every 5 seconds mid fight. I don't understand the 30 second cooldown on Medpacs (which is worse than useless in combat). Also not being allowed to revive a fallen party member or companion mid-combat is a bit of a strange choice.

That aside reading these Forums along with those for Mass Effect 3 you'd be forgiven for thinking that Bioware were practicing some kind of Devil worship and not busting their arses making two pretty amazing games. I was truly shocked at the `OH god the ending of ME 3 sux` posts which were up like 2 days after launch. I got my copy at launch and I`m about half way through. What is this obsession with rushing to the end of a game nowadays?

Just to illustrate how quickly people forget how things were pre-SWTOR.. I was talking to a fellow guild member about Vindictus which has got an EU launch fairly recently I think. It's a fun little game (all instanced quests) and not bad for a blast through now and then. I asked him if he liked it and his reply was `Well it's ok but i had to READ all the quest text`

... Nuff said really.

Lastly I just don't get why if people hate Bioware or SWTOR (although the two seem to be interchangable) why do they feel the need to let all and sundry know it?

Don't like a game? Fine because its a free country and each to their own etc. But for gods sake I wish they would just STOP playing it and go away quietly. I mean if I have a meal I don't like I dont feel the urge to let the whole counrty know I wont be eating that again....

Anyhoo that's my take on things.:D

Be seeing you in game for a long time to come.

Psiax/Psylar/Psyclapse/Chasidah - If you see me always happy to help

For all you complainers about how swtor is boring and the lack and of content and the lev of difficulty in OP. I have run both and really yea they are easy to do and both can be compleded in 1 night by any serious guilds. But my point and quest both is whats wrong with this? One of the main reason is their is hardly any trash and if any at all between the bosses. From my 15 plus years of raiding in many diff mmos, this is one of the best things they could have done. All you wow lovers ***** an complain that there is no content and how easy it is. My question to you is how many of actually played original wow. The first year was just as bad end game wise. Had 2 instances both 40 man, really 40 man yea they reliazed they messed up and scraped that. There was nights you ran MC and really could go afk for most fights and no one would even notice cause half the raid could wipe and you could still kill anyone in there, also the hours spent killing pointless trash over and over again for weeks/months whats the point. For the few people that did play back then how many times did you on Garr just become the bomb and try to blow up your best friends or guild leader just cause you were so sick of the the boredom. And dont even get me started with onyxia. It took them months to come out with BWL and really there was not improvment here either. They learned their lesson over time and reduced the size and started coming out with the best today end game bosses but it took them time. All im trying to say is give SWTOR the same time next time you all bash them for how much it sucks and how bored you are. You cant build a epic game in a day.....

No a game can't be built in a day, but one can learn from other games. For example ..the main reason i'm complaining is ..it's a HUGE company ( EA) Invested HUGE amounts of money. DEVS who had experience in WARHAMMER, and this bareboned, vanilla, game breaking money bugs. It's not ..what you'd expect from a 2012 game. This is just unacceptable. I'm SMH

Anyone who played Vanilla WoW and liked it for what it was understands this.

*Games will have bugs and it will take time to fix them

*Dont rush to end game because its not worth it

*Make friends, join a guild that fits you and you will more often then not have people that will run instances with you

*Raiding will define itself for the game over the course of 6 months to a year.

I am getting tired of hearing Terra or Diablo will kill SWTOR. If people want to go to Terra because they NEED a Cross Server LFD tool because they refuse to use social skills in an MMO let them go. If people want to go to Diablo because they can play it buy themselves because they dont want to group with people let them go. These are the people that WoW pandered too just to make money and destroy the quality of the game.

I want to play with people who understand that in an MMO Flashpoints and Raids are for multiple people and must group with them. I want to play with people that yes hold BW accountable for making good end game content however understand it will go through some phases. I want to play with people who do not want to make SWTOR a single player game that you pay a monthly fee for, this is just illogical and really dumb.

You know what, Bud? You pay your $15 bucks a month and you're entitled to play and argue for the style you like. The rest of us also pay $15 bucks a month and guess what?! Our money also entitle us to play and argue for what we want. It may not be what you like, but you just have to suck it up and go with it. Alternatively, don't let the door hit your hindquarters...

Edited by Lowenblade