life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

I was going to make a separate thread for the following post, but I figured they'd just close or delete it anyway:

Seriously, WTH...a speeder with *********** Christmas Tree lights?!? Are you *********** serious?!? Not only that, it's just a reskinned ugly *** tier1 mount.

WTB a toggle that makes them look like Fonzie waterskiing...that would be less immersion breaking and about as appropriate. Was a mount that looked like Mr. Hanky not doable?

When I read the part I highlighted red I suddenly had visions of Ferengi and goblins in santa suits running the Cartel shop.

/me needs more sleep BADLY

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh honestly none of the stuff looks that awesome to me. My guess is that the reason the devs didn't release any world event is specifically so they can get cash from the people with no patience whatsoever. If they had released a world event then those people would just do that and get the items for free. Instead by first releasing the items in the Cartel Market people will spend spend spend and by the time any world event is created the people getting stuff from the world event will only be the people who weren't going to buy the items in the CM anyway. If that is indeed their plan I congratulate the devs on knowing how to take advantage of some people's lack of patience to earn extra money to keep the game alive.

While I think they should do a world event I see no problem with using the CM to sell seasonal themed items. This may be my first MMO so perhaps things are supposed to be different with MMOs but in other F2P games the same thing is done of having seasonal items get sold in the cash store.

Quite right. Thank God SWTOR is levels better than SWG could even dream of being. My next stop will be to Eve On-line to demand that they change the game to be much more linear and themeparky. After all, once I start paying my sub for the game I am entitled to be able to play it however I want and demand that it change to suit my playstyle and personal feelings.

BJ

Either you typed the wrong thing or you're talking out your rear?

You can repeat that garbage all you want it doesnt change the fact youre supporting this nonsense. Youre the sucker that EA speaks of. Youre the type of sucker thats keeps telling them its ok to develop bare minimum product and sell the rest for more.

All youre saying is you have every right to do it. Sure ... you do, unfortunately people have all sorts of "rights" in this country. Doesnt make them any better. So thanks for your continued support of whats wrong with the gaming industry. Id give you the whole "hope your proud of yourself" thing ... but those like you usually are.

So long aas YOURE not being screwed (yet) ... to hell with the rest of them.

He is entitled to play and support the game as he wants, the same as we are entitled to say we told him so when all events move to the market and people start to leave again because of being nickle and dimed to much.

Nope, that's not what we agreed. :)

So you do think that 4 months worth of 6 month subscriber coins is a reasonable price per character then? :confused:

I disagree, it is far too high a cost.

My point is it's a pure ripoff, you may think it's perfectly reasonable price, but that just your opinion. :)

Well now that we ca agree that its all based on ones opinion, you can at least see BW does not share your opinion.

Again though all its competitors give such stuff away for free, SWTOR isn't the rule it's the exception, and as I subscriber and paying customer I'm voicing my disagreement as I can. :)

Thats great, I'll voice against you but since you continue to pay them, I'm sure there worried that you grip about a very minor aspect of the game that has affect on the game as a whole.

As far as competitors, It's no different than LOTRO, DCUO,GW2 or SWG and all the other F2P games and the minor things they try and sell with really good marketing plans like, "Buy it now cause it's limited time!" It's nothing more than a different spin on the same relatively worthless gear.

You buy it if you want it, you pass if you don't. Other than that anything else you do just makes you look ridiculous when griping about a video game.

However, you are allowed to grip about it so have fun in that.

Edited by Quraswren

I think the OP is upset because most other MMOs don't charge for holiday "presents". I remember in WoW you went to the city to just click on your free presents. In Champions Online they had presents you could "find" all over the city and you never knew what would be in them (and I could go on with other MMOs). This is the first time I've seen "holiday presents" presented in a Cash Shop for real money. Hopefully, they will also have an "in game" way to just "find" these items, only time will tell.

It is the lowest form of nickle and diming I've ever seen. :mad:

The prices are high, and there's no chance of "saving up" cartel coins as they are "limited time".

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT. :(

Indeed. This is what I always thought would happen. Need I remind the community of this little gem from

:

When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you’re really not that price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Again, I am not surprised in the least. SWTOR is on life support. :rolleyes:

I think the OP is upset because most other MMOs don't charge for holiday "presents". I remember in WoW you went to the city to just click on your free presents. In Champions Online they had presents you could "find" all over the city and you never knew what would be in them (and I could go on with other MMOs). This is the first time I've seen "holiday presents" presented in a Cash Shop for real money. Hopefully, they will also have an "in game" way to just "find" these items, only time will tell.

It should have been in 1.6 release...but BW fell silent on this for a few weeks.

Well now that we ca agree that its all based on ones opinion, you can at least see BW does not share your opinion.

Indeed they seem to share your opinion that extortionate prices on "limited time" items is fine.

Thats great, I'll voice against you but since you continue to pay them, I'm sure there worried that you grip about a very minor aspect of the game that has affect on the game as a whole.

I've got I 6 month sub so I've got a while left, I have just cancelled renewing it though.

We've been through this so many times with more than 2,000,000 people doing the same as me, and I can't see how it has been good for the game (I'm sure you're quite glad those people have gone however - although I can't imagine your reason for that gladness).

As far as competitors, It's no different than LOTRO, DCUO,GW2 or SWG and all the other F2P games and the minor things they try and sell with really good marketing plans like, "Buy it now cause it's limited time!" It's nothing more than a different spin on the same relatively worthless gear.

Again no, some of them don't have "limited time" and no of them have such steep costs per monthly subscription rate of coins.

You buy it if you want it, you pass if you don't. Other than that anything else you do just makes you look ridiculous when griping about a video game.

However, you are allowed to grip about it so have fun in that.

Again there is nothing "ridiculous" about complaining about things you feel are wrong. Would you sit in silence and eat around a dead spider on your steak or complain about it - there is NO difference. :)

You seem to like white-knighting, fair enough if that's your bag, but me I'll complain when stuff is wrong, bad, terrible or just plain explotative. :cool:

Other than that anything else you do just makes you look ridiculous when griping about a video game.

Defending a company that extorts the playerbase whenever and wherever it can makes you look ridiculous. Always disappointing to see EAware's pets rising to defend them every time they do something blatantly wrong.

I was appalled upon reading the Patch Notes that all the Life day items were being sold only on the Cartel Market. Does anyone know if there are anyways to recieve these items in game? Or did they just take the easy way out and only make it available for purchase.

As someone said on the first page, this truly is the worst form of nickle and diming i've ever seen.

I was appalled upon reading the Patch Notes that all the Life day items were being sold only on the Cartel Market. Does anyone know if there are anyways to recieve these items in game? Or did they just take the easy way out and only make it available for purchase.

As someone said on the first page, this truly is the worst form of nickle and diming i've ever seen.

As of now there seems to be no in-game way to get them, and no announcement of any future way. :(

Defending a company that extorts the playerbase whenever and wherever it can makes you look ridiculous. Always disappointing to see EAware's pets rising to defend them every time they do something blatantly wrong.

The "white knights" will never see reason and are blinded to the realities of what is going on daily in front of their eyes in relation to this "game". The real "game" is EA willing to see what are absolute pain threashold is, take us up to it and squeeze every last cent out of us. :mad:

It isn't extortion the sense that you don't HAVE to buy anything from the cartel market. In fact if people were NOT buying from the market these sorts of tactics would not work and the company would have to come up with a different plan.

For me I am not buying.

Funny I saw this and decided to start a post about it. I am glad I am not alone in seeing how horrible they are for doing this.

I resubbed to raid the new raids, but I am not sure I wanna give them money when they have holliday items for money and not for free.

If they made the passed events for money before the F2P was in, everyone would be up in arms, so don't even try to troll and say we get coins every month, cause that is BS. Yes we do, but holliday/events should never be for money... period

Everyone hit up twitter, reddit, and every way else to get bad press out, cause the MMO world needs to join us in the outcry over such a horrible product. I know I am sad I resubbed just to raid, and I cannot enjoy the game to its fullest unless I pay.

Why do we have a sub if we need to pay for what should be included?!

Edited by Fraeblood

Wow, just wow.

I have never heard of an MMO which offers holiday stuff for real cash. There are always events. Helloween was presented in GW2 , DCUO, WoW to name a few.

BioWare is not able to honor that MMO tradition and whether you like it or not it is some sort of tradition and a lot of people celebrate and take part in these events.

And all we get is a bunch of crappy looking generic stuff for which they will charge us? Are you effing kidding me?

Here's the deal to repay the jerks. Cancel your sub or simply dont buy that crap. Dont waste your coins on that crap, just dont. Send them a message ...let them know how you think of Bioware screwing up things again and again.

Edited by neocoma

The "white knights" will never see reason and are blinded to the realities of what is going on daily in front of their eyes in relation to this "game". The real "game" is EA willing to see what are absolute pain threashold is, take us up to it and squeeze every last cent out of us. :mad:

You assume that folks aren't aware of that. The thing about F2P is that some people have control over themselves. I don't buy a lot of the crap on the market. None of the Life Day stuff appeals to me so I don't buy it. There are things on the market that I do like however so I will buy those.

I don't get upset because really, if the game eventually fails, I don't care. I've had fun while I was here.

It isn't extortion the sense that you don't HAVE to buy anything from the cartel market. In fact if people were NOT buying from the market these sorts of tactics would not work and the company would have to come up with a different plan.

For me I am not buying.

This! Don't blame Bioware...they're here to make a fast buck on SWTOR, not long term friends. If you don't like it, don't support their cash shop...it's really THAT simple.

Agreed. Think I might just wait for Star Citizen tbh

Indeed they seem to share your opinion that extortionate prices on "limited time" items is fine.

Given it's items with no real need, it could be triple and I wouldn't care.

I've got I 6 month sub so I've got a while left, I have just cancelled renewing it though.

Thats good, I'd hate for a game to be good but because a price was to high for you on items you do not in any capacity need but simply want was out of reach for you killed the entire game.

If that causes you to go. All I have for you is /wavegoodbye

We've been through this so many times with more than 2,000,000 people doing the same as me, and I can't see how it has been good for the game (I'm sure you're quite glad those people have gone however - although I can't imagine your reason for that gladness).

I'd be happy for anyone to leave if the priceing on cosmetic clothes is what caused them to be done with the game. That kind of player is not need.

If it was, bugs to WZ, or OPS or almost any number of other things, I could see griping about. Make a post about it.

Crying cause you can't get something for cheap and is sold under the marketing banner of "limited time" and thats what killed the game for you? Yea, I'll never see that point of view given it's a video game.

Again no, some of them don't have "limited time" and no of them have such steep costs per monthly subscription rate of coins.

Different items have different cost. Nothing wrong with that. That marketing is already throughout the entire game.

Again there is nothing "ridiculous" about complaining about things you feel are wrong. Would you sit in silence and eat around a dead spider on your steak or complain about it - there is NO difference. :)

Sure there is but I bet you can't see it. You're arguing that in a video game that is played for nothing more than entertainment should have some kind of rules that limit what some will or will not pay for.

If the popcorn is too much, don't pay for it but the movie is crap because of it.

It's all entertainment and the price is what people will pay. If they don't want to pay for it then thats good too. You don't like it thats fine, but whining cause you can't get cheap popcorn. Ridiculous.

Whining cause you can't get cheap items off the cartel market. Ridiculous as well.

You seem to like white-knighting, fair enough if that's your bag, but me I'll complain when stuff is wrong, bad, terrible or just plain explotative. :cool:

White-knighting this point maybe. The entire game no not always but seeing the nature of your complaint, I'll be happy to to argue the other side to your point of view which I find entirely ridiculous.

This! Don't blame Bioware...they're here to make a fast buck on SWTOR, not long term friends. If you don't like it, don't support their cash shop...it's really THAT simple.

THIS ^

Edited by Quraswren

Just want to throw my two cents and disappointment onto the pile.

We knew there were going to be cartel packs with christmas stuff. I was fine with that. But I thought we were going to get something ingame for christmas as well, even if it were just decorations or some dinky little items to get from simple events. But nope, everything is in the cartel store, nothing ingame. That is extremely disappointing.

The Pay to Win space mission packs were pretty shocking to me for several reasons as well. A lot of people shrug and say, "just space missions." But Space Missions are still a type of endgame pve content, they reward BH comms, and other goodies, so it still is indirectly helping people to achieve at endgame better through the cash shop. But, as others have pointed out, this is just a stepping stone. If these ship parts sell well from the shop they could creep their way into making operations and pvp pay to win as well.

I was fine with the cash shop when it was just random cosmetics, mounts, lowbie gear, f2p unlocks, and boosts, but these two things added in this patch have me pretty upset and debating on whether I want to stay.

Edited by OmegaJinjo