New Voidstar bug/feature?

anwg

We planted the bomb on the first door with about 2:30 left, crossed the bridge at the 1:30 mark, held at the 2nd door.

They planted the bomb with about 2:45 left, opened the bridge with 1:20 left, and the game ended instantly, with a win for us (the team defending second)?! With over a minute left it's possible for them to get further, why did the game end right there?

Edited by anwg

WZs as a whole seem buggy as hell with 1.4!

I'm not on my desktop so I can't post a screenshot, but my friends and I joined a new Civil war yesterday, game started we had 8 players. We get the "Not enough players Warzone shutdown sequence initiated" warning and then it ends a minute later with us losing and the 5 players Imp side all got the win.

w...t...f...?!

Never mind, I had to read the scenario a few times to under stand that. They still could have made it further than you, but was cut short. That is odd.

I read your pre-edit thoughts and they made sense. I hadn't seen it go exactly like this pre-1.4, where whoever got the farthest won, not whoever got through some earlier point fastest wins.

I'm sure it makes sense with some time mechanic consideration, but as of now I don't get it. What I saw last night is that our team should have won, as the other team was behind us in progress when they were awarded the win and there was still time on the clock.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I read your pre-edit thoughts and they made sense as an explanation. I hadn't seen it go exactly like this pre-1.4, where whoever got the farthest won, not whoever got through some earlier point fastest wins. Although I'm sure it makes sense with some time mechanic consideration.

Yeah, I've never seen the pre 1.4 mechanics let the match get cut short while they could still get further than team #1. I was thinking the match ended with them winning. That does seem like a bug.

Although, with them shortening Huttball maybe they are adding additional ways to cut a match short.

The same thing happen to my team last night on the voidstar. We made it through the first force field with aroun 3:30 min left, but lost. Now they might have gotten there first, but we still had time to get the second door.

That was a bunch of bull to me, I was pissed off the rest of the day because of this. Its an advantage to the team that attacks first if that is what voidstar is now doing.

We planted the bomb on the first door with about 2:30 left, crossed the bridge at the 1:30 mark, held at the 2nd door.

They planted the bomb with about 2:45 left, opened the bridge with 1:20 left, and the game ended instantly, with a win for us?! With over a minute left it's possible for them to get further, why did the game end right there?

You won because you open the first and second door before then did since by 1:20 they were not farther then you it went to based off the times it took both team to get to the same spot. so you were faster you won

Not a bug. It's working correctly.

Team 1 starts with a full clock (I think it's 8 minutes but could be off). You reach the bridge with 1:30 left. When team 2 starts they should of started with only 6:30 on the clock so all they have to do is get as far before the clock ends. Now it's completely possible that there is a bug and team 2 is not getting a shortened clock. I haven't PvP'd since 1.4 so bugs are possible but since the last PvP changes months ago it always has been as long as team 2 go to the same point before their clock ran out, they won.

You won because you open the first and second door before then did since by 1:20 they were not farther then you it went to based off the times it took both team to get to the same spot. so you were faster you won

I thought the time was adjusted based on the first attacking team's progress though.

Team 1 starts with a full clock (I think it's 8 minutes but could be off). You reach the bridge with 1:30 left. When team 2 starts they should of started with only 6:30 on the clock so all they have to do is get as far before the clock ends. Now it's completely possible that there is a bug and team 2 is not getting a shortened clock. I haven't PvP'd since 1.4 so bugs are possible but since the last PvP changes months ago it always has been as long as team 2 go to the same point before their clock ran out, they won.

No, they didn't win, we won as 2nd defender, with over a minute left on the clock.

No, they didn't win, we won as 2nd defender, with over a minute left on the clock.

My bad I missed the part with the 2nd defender winning with time left. Now that would be a bug. Not surprised since there are always unintended side effects to the patches (not that I'm happy about it just saying it seems to always happen).

If this was the new mechanic, than EVERY match ends at the fence in that scenario. They either beat your time (and win), or auto default.

That seems possible as a design choice, to speed up pace of play...but I've played Voidstar a few times today, and havent noticed it yet.

You could be on to something with this one. If the 2nd team didn't get the shortened clock, and it started at 8 min, the game would end with them loosing at 1:29 left. So even though it could look like they had 1:29 left to get further, they really lost.

It looks like we're all going to have to track the clock a little more for the foreseeable future to see if this is a bug.

One more time, people. Round 2 only starts with a shortened clock if Round 1 attackers reach the datacore. Otherwise, Round 2 will be allowed to go the full 7:30.

This sounds like a bug where in Round 2 the attackers make it as far as round 1 attackers but more quickly, triggering the end of the match (good so far...). However, it's treated as a tie and victory is awarded to round 1 attackers, who have the most kills because they were on offense for longer (this is the bug).

One more time, people. Round 2 only starts with a shortened clock if Round 1 attackers reach the datacore. Otherwise, Round 2 will be allowed to go the full 7:30.

This sounds like a bug where in Round 2 the attackers make it as far as round 1 attackers but more quickly, triggering the end of the match (good so far...). However, it's treated as a tie and victory is awarded to round 1 attackers, who have the most kills because they were on offense for longer (this is the bug).

possibly. i mean, that makes the most sense. my only concern would be that my rnd 1 def team screwed up royally, and the opponents made it across the bridge very fast. they were then stonewalled at the 2nd door. I thought it took us longer to get the bridge shield down. alas, I don't have numbers on rnd 1 to verify.

Good to hear an aknowlegment.

Had a similar round that left us all ...

"Hey did you guys just get a win?"

"Yeah .. what's up with that?"

We defended round 1.

They got to the bridge and we stopped them.

Round 2

We got acrost the bridge, and still had over 2:45 on the clock when game ended with a loss.

Edited by Voranis

Nonsense, they second team had a chance to win this match. Just another thing that was not tested properly.

It won't be easy to test this properly, there are alot of possible scenarios, but if any change to the code was made, then there should have been a proper testing by the QA team.

Clearly, there wasn't.

But in that 1:20, the other team still had time to get across and open the other door. It should only end at this point if the 2nd team is faster.

Man I tell ya, 1.4 is buggy ****.

My jug died trying to prevent cap in voidstar, the bomb had not exploded yet. Our team totally had time to diffuse the bomb.

Now because the door had not exploded I should have rezzed at start point and rejoin the fight.

Instead... It ported me to the other side of the bridge when no one had even started to enter walk way yet!!

So add to this a barrier that was a few seconds from booting me from the warzone and leaving me to watch the team try to prevent another cap.

I was alone across the bridge for over 2 mins before erstwhile team mates joined up. Weird.

P.S.

The fukkin door barriers in all warzones are screwed. Some games I won't have to wait at all, then the next one will threaten to boot me from warzone back to back.

My jug died trying to prevent cap in voidstar, the bomb had not exploded yet. Our team totally had time to diffuse the bomb.

I'm going to correct you right there. The word is "defuse", unless you plan to dissolve the bomb in a lot of solvent of some kind to try and make it harmless.

It's a mistake in the subtitles as well, during a quest on Belsavis on the Republic side...

When you're working for the senator who is experimenting with the inmates.

Anyway, back on topic. There are also conditions when a Voidstar match could end much sooner than it does now. Assume the attackers in the first round made it all the way through, and in the second round they manage to defend the first door all the time. Then the second round could technically end over a minute sooner than it does now, since it takes around 28 seconds to plant a bomb and have it detonate, plus 8 seconds per barrier, plus time to walk anywhere.