How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

I logged into a planet and the force told me exactly where it was so it only took 2 minutes.. I"m not sure why anyone else is having problems, I must be 10x's the player than you all!

Sometimes happens right away, sometimes takes nearly an hour. All a matter of luck and how much help you have.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I mean back when the game first came out, a buddy of mine was saying "Man this game really could use a Group Finder" and I was like "Yeah, that's one way they could go... or, you know what? Instead of doing that, they could make it so that everytime you log on you have to stab yourself with a fork before you can play."

Just to give EA some choices...

That doesn't prove anything.

Well I found all the parts, spent at least and hour trying to find people who would help. (So those of you who say "ask in the fleet" are full of it) Though I did eventually have some help from one other person.

It was a pain, and even after doing it the hard was, I would argue that it should be made easier, if only for the sanity of others.

• 2 months later...
Do the pieces, specifically the one on Taris, spawn in different locations on different days??? And if so, does anyone know what the reset times are... I just spent an hour and a half on Taris methodically searching with no success...

Taris is one of the smaller areas to find a HK part. Its within the general area of the lake there. There is a wall to the left that you shouldn't go pass if you want to find it. It is somewhat random, but there are set coordinates that people have found that you can follow that will more than likely lead you to the part.

Taris is one of the smaller areas to find a HK part. Its within the general area of the lake there. There is a wall to the left that you shouldn't go pass if you want to find it. It is somewhat random, but there are set coordinates that people have found that you can follow that will more than likely lead you to the part.

I used Dulfy's guide and the coordinates there but no dice, so to remain sane I stopped and will try again tomorrow...

I just finished this quest last week for the second time.(I spent too many millions on alts unlocking him that I can no longer bring myself to do that) . What I learned was that the easiest way to do this is to find someone else who is on the quest as well and get them to help you. If not just keep at it.

It really bothers me that people want missions (any mission) made easier. HK can be a pain, and frustrating... but if you want the reward... then you need to do it.. if you think it is too hard, or not worth the effort... then skip it.

Why cheapen what everyone, who has completed the quest, has done?

It really bothers me that people want missions (any mission) made easier. HK can be a pain, and frustrating... but if you want the reward... then you need to do it.. if you think it is too hard, or not worth the effort... then skip it.

Why cheapen what everyone, who has completed the quest, has done?

Its not really hard at all... I mean to the level of "Uhhh... Is it here??? Nope... Uhhh, is it here??? Nope... Mmmmm, here??? Nope... Is it here??? Yes!!! Wow #Amazing! Such skill! I'm #1337 #MLG"... I mean, its actually a giant derp fest... Some skill required would be a nice addition... Like I was asking when I bumped the thread though, theres some variance in the location, how much and at what rate does it change was what I was wanting to know... No one seems to really know how often it changes...

I managed to finish the HK quest. I have to say, however, that I didn't really see the point in a HM run (plus I admit to not liking the Foundry, HM or otherwise).

And the component hunt was excruciatingly boring. I'm not the type to hurry through content - it was well over a year before I maxed a character out - but I rushed through that part as fast as I could (and struggled to stay focused/awake during much of it). And there is no way I am ever going to do that quest again. If I want HK on another server, I'll level a character to 20 (or whatever), buy an HK, and then transfer them. That's likely what EAWare had in mind when they inserted that colossal snooze of a scavenger hunt, I shouldn't be surprised to learn.

It really wasn't *that* bad. I did everything solo except for the HM and the Hoth part (friendly player in the area happened to be looking for HK parts at the exact same time) with very limited use of internet guides. If anything, I thought it would be harder since it was the first "extra" companion.

Got HK this morning, everywhere else took about 5 minutes to find the part, aside from Taris... It was painfully, mindnumbingly boring to the point of tears... I think one problem is some of the guides are slightly out of date and the areas have slightly expanded; I think the one I was using was pre 2.0 on Dulfy's site... But I agree, as it is now "Uhhh is it here??? Nope... Is... it here??? Yep." is just brain dead easy...

I suffered thru the HK quest once.....swore I'd never put myself thru that ever again. I haven't even done the micro binocular quest because it gave me a flashback to that nightmare hk quest. It'd be tolerable if you could at least upgrade the scanner. But until then....I'll spend CC's to unlock him b4 I'd do that quest again. :(

Treek's more useful in almost every imaginable way... not much point to getting HK. I have HK with 1000 kills and whatever the player kills achievement is (a lot). I haven't gotten past the idea of using an Ewok so I haven't gotten nearly as much time using Treek yet but from what I have seen he's just hands down better. Edited by Savej

I first I didnt like Treek (she's a she)... until I talked to her during her rep-dialogues....

A man-eating psychopath ewok that makes the gremlins seem cuddly and nice! HAR!

Still - I do prefer the more professional "dark-lord-minion-like" minio... crewmembers. ;) MAYBE I'll do some "pve" and do this HK chain. But I guess this 'foundry' thing is nothing soloable? (yes, I am founder, yes I chose to pvp since like... the beginning. Anything beyond hammer station is a mystery to me. XD)

Edited by chillshock

I have been only using my HK-51 since getting it a couple weeks ago. So much more fun than Treek, and the quests weren't bad because my guild ran a group to get this accomplished. It would suck doing this all solo :(

Imagine the people who did it prior to the guides.

When everyone else was doing it and it was easy to get in groups that were actively searching an area??? Must've been a hell of a struggle, those people are true pioneers...

Edited by howieloader

• 1 month later...

Despite there being a pretty good guide on Dulfy.net I have spent over 10 hours of Taris looking for the DAMN HK part and still do not have it. This will be my third time saying to hell with it, the turd he isn't worth the wasted time.

It should definitely be easier to find the POS parts.