Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the impression that you are taking things far to seriously here,a man fight for his social or political rights,but not for a videogame,guys come on this is a video game we are talking about! Not the war on Siria :(

some of you guys are crossing the line between reality and a wolrd of imagination.

about the APAC issue,i was happier if they allowed to give us the option to transfer to a US or EU server,but this won't happen.

I take my leisure activities very seriously! Thank you very much. And I will fight until this is done.

I take my leisure activities very seriously! Thank you very much. And I will fight until this is done.

There are more important things in life in my opinion,but if you wish to keep "fighting" such a small thing then good luck,as for me,i take SWTOR as it is,a videogame,a plus to enjoy a few hours of my free time,honestly some of you scares me.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

,i was happier if they allowed to give us the option to transfer to a US or EU server,but this won't happen.

They will allow you to send toons to any west coast server before the merge

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns | 03.27.2013, 05:05 PM

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Edited by OwenBrooks

Thank's for the advice but personally i wanted to move my character to a EU server,but now they decided to transfer us to a US server,so at this point i will wait for the payed server transfer service,and move my character to a European server later when this option will be available.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

There are more important things in life in my opinion,but if you wish to keep "fighting" such a small thing then good luck,as for me,i take SWTOR as it is,a videogame,a plus to enjoy a few hours of my free time,honestly some of you scares me.

Is it truely worth your time to spend the same energy reading and replying to the same forum, to 'fight' his 'fighting'. You honestly confuse me.

Please attack arguements with thought out counter arguements.

I have the impression that you are taking things far to seriously here,a man fight for his social or political rights,but not for a videogame,guys come on this is a video game we are talking about! Not the civil war in Siria :(

some of you guys are crossing the line between reality and a wolrd of imagination.

about the APAC issue,i was happier if they allowed to give us the option to transfer to a US or EU server,but this won't happen.

So why do you care so much what we think... and why are you on here commenting if it is only a game... and how are we crossing the line of reality just because we are fighting to keep our server going?

And lastly, before you start giving anyone a hard time because they care that EA is doing this... step into the "real world" and learn how to how to spell Syria...

Having that choice is better than nothing but I still see no reason to restrict it to east coast. If people would rather transfer to an east coast or eu server then I see no good reason why that shouldn't also be an option.

The really "scary" thing is you spend your "free time" arguing with everyone on this forum about something you clearly don't care enough about to fight for... but hey... if that's what rings your bell... ding ding

KEEP THE FAITH... VOTE TO MERGE INTO 1 APAC SERVER

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

Not sure what you mean, its already official. Its not that big a deal, it will be super populated now :) might aswell look at the bright side of htings.

No thanks, I'll only accept it when it actually happens and not before. Until then I'll keep fighting the decision!

I'm from Oz and am in total support of the Oceanic servers and their players, and whatever it is they need to resolve the issues they're experiencing.

I've found solace on a US server as that is where I originally started. It is no fix for the issues being listed in this thread, but I hope you guys get what you need to improve your gameplay experience.

well i just noticed something interesting.

its sunday night 1 oceanic server is heavy (Gav Daragon)

all other servers are standard or light.

So I ask the question is it too costly to run a single oceanic server? I think one combined oceanic server should be given a go for 6months.

And please add server transfers to the cartel market.

So some friends and i have a couple of questions regarding these mergers and transfers, as do a lot of the people in this thread it seems, so i thought i might try and consolidate some major ones into a single post in hopes that they can be replied to all in one go.

1. Will we be able to keep our legacy name and level?

2. Will we be able to keep our guild name and vault?

3. Will there be a way to transfer an entire guild at once during the 'select your server' phase?

4. Will you make some form of exception for names having to change? such as longer played time gets preference, or subscriber names get preference over F2P names?

5. If we have additional character slots unlocked on our APAC servers, will that unlock carry across during the merge? some of us have 16-20 characters.

6. Will the transfer cause downtime in character or account availability? If so, how long could we expect?

7. Why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

So some friends and i have a couple of questions regarding these mergers and transfers, as do a lot of the people in this thread it seems, so i thought i might try and consolidate some major ones into a single post in hopes that they can be replied to all in one go.

3. Will there be a way to transfer an entire guild at once during the 'select your server' phase?

4. Will you make some form of exception for names having to change? such as longer played time gets preference, or subscriber names get preference over F2P names?

5. If we have additional character slots unlocked on our APAC servers, will that unlock carry across during the merge? some of us have 16-20 characters.

6. Will the transfer cause downtime in character or account availability? If so, how long could we expect?

There are no answers on those yet, that I'm aware of.

All these questions, particularly the answers to the Guild questions as a Guildmaster. And names are very important to me I build an existence of character which adds to the feel of the game.

1) yes

2)no idea

3)no idea

4)No idea(cool idea though, esp with so many inactive accounts)

5)yes but you wont be able to create any more till you delete some to meet per server char limit of 12

6)No idea

7) CAUSE ITS *********** CINNAMON.

Semantics strawman on your part. Lots of companies do not actually own their sever farms (regardless of size) because they lease them from companies that specialize in providing server virtualization for to other companies. ;)

The relative cost to a company on a cash flow basis is about the same, but they benefit in the long run (due to tax law and financial compliance and reporting) because they do not need to capitalize the servers and depreciate them.

Lol the 'strawman argument' rears its ugly head.

I swear ever wannabe intellect comes up with this argument at some stage.

It would depend on what type of lease they have set up - operating or finance.

But what was your point again?

The guild question needs to be resolved, especially if guilds have literally spent millions to obtain tabs, if the guild simply ceases to exist, tabs and all, some form of compensation will be needed.

Hopefully this will be sorted prior to our servers being smoked like Alderaan...As a precaution I've taken some screen shots of the bank (just in case), as I've read elsewhere here someone lost the bank during a server merge, and CS told this person they could not find anything to say his guild even had a bank...

....just saying.