Who LOVES 1.6?

Technohic

I stayed up too late cause I got stuck pvping the entire evening and deep into the night. Except for one match where I was stunned to oblivion, I had lots of fun. I'm not sure exactly what changed apart from people getting into WH more easily, but whatever the change was I like it.

Hmm, glad everyone seems to like it, but I no idea what game you guys are playing.

For me 1.6 has made no difference so far:

Steamrolling when matched with a good team, getting stomped when matched with a bad one.

Still a stun fest, still lots of leavers.

And still a bunch of fools making the same old mistakes, only now they are in better gear.

New wz isn't bad, but clearly biased towards stealthers. Otherwise, just a spiffed up cap-and-hold rehash.

Edited by Totaltrash

Hmm, glad everyone seems to like it, but I no idea what game you guys are playing.

For me 1.6 has made no difference so far:

Steamrolling when matched with a good team, getting stomped when matched with a bad one.

Still a stun fest, still lots of leavers.

And still a bunch of fools making the same old mistakes, only now they are in better gear.

New wz isn't bad, but clearly biased towards stealthers. Otherwise, just a spiffed up cap-and-hold rehash.

Err...what had any of that got to do with the pattch update?

1. Getting stomped is down to players this is a multiplayer game and believe it or not but when you pug, you will end up with players who dont have the same skillset as yourself. This is why you can que as a premade so you can play with equaly skilled players.

2. Stun fest..i still dont het this crap. Each team can stun..so use your own stuns to stun bavk. Ita an equal trrade. I honestly dont see the issue here. If you dont like stuns and roots play gws 2 theres sweet f all cc management thete which is one of the many reasons its failing.

3. If your calling new players fools thrn your kust pathetic. Like point 1 above, some people just cant keep up with pvp in this game and simple play for fun. Sure its annoying but what use is there insulting them. Ivr lost many a warzone due to bad players, but thats what i get for pugging. Again..there is nothing you have mentioned which has anything to do with this patch.

As for leavers, its annoying true but i wont go into that. Most of the time me and my premade can carry without 1 or 2 leavers.

Seriously, biased towards stealthers? Its a two cap like any other cap wz but you have to be out of stealth on middle to cap those bunle things..what in that mission makes stealthers better? I dont think you get the warzone...

Sorry for spelling, on phone.

Err...what had any of that got to do with the pattch update?

1. Getting stomped is down to players this is a multiplayer game and believe it or not but when you pug, you will end up with players who dont have the same skillset as yourself. This is why you can que as a premade so you can play with equaly skilled players.

2. Stun fest..i still dont het this crap. Each team can stun..so use your own stuns to stun bavk. Ita an equal trrade. I honestly dont see the issue here. If you dont like stuns and roots play gws 2 theres sweet f all cc management thete which is one of the many reasons its failing.

3. If your calling new players fools thrn your kust pathetic. Like point 1 above, some people just cant keep up with pvp in this game and simple play for fun. Sure its annoying but what use is there insulting them. Ivr lost many a warzone due to bad players, but thats what i get for pugging. Again..there is nothing you have mentioned which has anything to do with this patch.

As for leavers, its annoying true but i wont go into that. Most of the time me and my premade can carry without 1 or 2 leavers.

Seriously, biased towards stealthers? Its a two cap like any other cap wz but you have to be out of stealth on middle to cap those bunle things..what in that mission makes stealthers better? I dont think you get the warzone...

Sorry for spelling, on phone.

Ok, nevermind the spelling I got the idea.

My post was in response to all these happy guys claiming that 1.6 somehow made warzones balanced in one day - which was clearly not the case in any of the warzones I've played today - it was business as usual.

Also, I'm not bashing anybody, I'm just saying that the smaller gear gap hardly made a difference.

The new warzone is biased towards stealthers because it's hard (if not impossible) to see when they cap due to the graphics. And yes, it is just another variation of cap-and-hold, just like Civil War and Novare - nothing novel, just a rehash.

After PVPing in countless games over the past 20 years, the only improvement that I can suggest for BW is to put a stun immunity in. A 60 second stun immunity after you have been stunned once would do wonders to the competitive nature of these matches. And I guarantee some o the premades that are set up to chain stun wont be causing people to leave warzones nif this went in. Nothing I hate worse than being stunned back to back and unable to defend myself while getting beat down. Edited by valindalsace

What is this cc management you speak of?

Its not like using stunbreaker at full resolve makes any difference. You are still stunned/immobed again seconds afterwards, thanks to the resolve bar starting to diminish too quickly.

Edited by Karkais

Finally got the new WZ. Can't judge it much because I only got it once out of maybe 10 matches. All I know is there is a lot going on there and a lot of chaos right now as people try to figure out what works best and what the terrain offers. I enjoy that but hope to enjoy it more as I get to know it better.

Overall; I just like that I can gear up my alts. I tend to get bored if I have to just play my main so I likely will ignore EWH gear for a while, and can do so with the current gear gap. Thing is; if you don't like alts, there still is that min-maxing you can do, it just isn't going to net you that much. Yes; bads will still be bad, but that has nothing to do with the gear gap or lack thereof.

I think I may turn to gearing my bodyguard merc next. I know they are not a favorite, but it's teh only AC I have on the imp side that heals and it seemed I was in teams a lot last night that could use a healer. Of course; as soon as I am on the merc, I will be teamed with 3 other healers. Never fails.

So far so good, and game changes that give skill a more prominent place I'm down with.

Haven't gotten in the new WZ yet and looking forward to it.

BTW - Did Ops get a ninja buff or something? I played about 8 50 matches last night imp side. Healer Ops made up the team majority on many of them.

So far so good, and game changes that give skill a more prominent place I'm down with.

BTW - Did Ops get a ninja buff or something? I played about 8 50 matches last night imp side. Healer Ops made up the team majority on many of them.

I can only speculate that they have more targets with better expertise. Either that or all the DPS ops rolled healer because they were dependent on a gear gap.

This might be a good thing on actually showing the true colors on class balance; TBH. minimal gear gap = less variables on what might or might not affect performance.

Medicine Operatives have been the best healers in the game for months now... only the bubblestun changed things somewhat.

Medicine Operatives have been the best healers in the game for months now... only the bubblestun changed things somewhat.

Agreed, but I'm used to seeing 1 or 2 per match and thought it an unlikely coincidence on a patch release date. If I see this again today I'll ask a few.

I really like the new patch.

Removing the gear gap is a great move that finally makes PvP in this game accessible to new players and old players that want to level new toons. I played several matches yesterday and it was much more competitive and fun.

I guess the times where WHs in PUGs first look at their teammates health and if more than 2 people have less then 18k HP they leave the WZ will soon be history :)

I'm enjoying 1.6 so far, a few complaints but they are very minor and should mostly sort thmeselves out in afew weeks:

- Players quitting WZ's immediately. I'm pretty sure this is because they wanted to try the new one so when one popped that wasn't it they bailed. should sort itself out after everyone gets a few runs through it.

- People who had no clue what to do in the new WZ. Please check out Dulfy's Ancient Hypergates write up, it's very clear and explains everything you need to know. Seemed like everytime the WZ popped 3 or 4 people would say in Ops chat that they had no clue what to do.

- No defender points in AH for guarding the node. We lost a few rounds because of a late double cap due to no one guarding. And with no defender points (at least that I noticed) for guarding it's tough to get someone to stay there. So far the best strategy I could come up with is have a guard but as someone is running back with orbs have the current guard run out to meet them half way. That way the carrier has eyes on the node and call the guard back if need be and you'll be down one in mid for as short as possible. Carrier becomes new guard rinse repeat.

It could also be feasible for a Sage healer to kind of float in between. Healing form the door which can provide LOS if needed and being able to speed over to the node to assist if needed. They would also be able to heal any orb carriers as they left mid if they needed.

Overall I'm liking 1.6. Got my WH chest and head last night on my Commando and noticed a huge survivablility increase. Nice to have a new WZ, having one more really adds a lot to the rotation.