Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

"Ever" is vague. It could be in the context of this free server merge, as in "is Bioware ever going to change its free server transfer policy", or in the context of all time as you assumed. There was no condition to narrow that word. If you want to pick apart every little thing, please feel free to join a debate forums instead. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. You could have easily added onto my reply and mentioned the additional transfers in the future that may or may not be free instead of just argued with me over and over again in regards to your own limited views.

I am not. The poster asked if he would ever be able to transfer his characters to one server. BW said that they will open up transfers in the future (presumably by the end of the year) where he will be able to do this. If he had read that, he would've known the answer to his question.

YOU said that according to BW, he will not be able to. Why you would do that, I don't know, but you did. And instead of admitting to your mistake, you attack me and leave your answer the way it is, which can only serve to misinform whoever reads it.

Don't provide wrong answers and then attack me for actually answering the person in an honest and correct manner. That's messed up, and other people can easily see how messed up that is :D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Yes, you will have to:

• Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.
  • Disband the Guild.
  • Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.
  • Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Are you flipping kidding me?! Dude...why on earth do you think this is smart?!

You're asking us to disband our guilds to move?! WHY!? We can't send out a guild wide mail, you're demand means we won't even be able to leave behind a simple MOTD...Please explain to me how the hell people are going to find us if our guild name changes and our character names change?! Why would you POSSIBLY have us disband the old guild?!

Your lack of any concern for guilds is GREATLY troubling to me Joveth. You don't seem to care, even a LITTLE bit, about all we've done to keep your game and communities going, with absolutely the bare minimum of support from you.

This is ridiculous Joveth....absolutely ridiculous! Disbanding the old guild is just a moronic requirement.

Edited by TUXs

Could you clarify, what exactly are your intentions with the character transfer service?

a) Spread the existing population more evenly across all servers

b) concentrate the existing population on less servers

Considering the decline in subscriptions (-25 %) you'd assume that your aim is b). 25 % less players, you can cut 25 % of the servers. But then it would be logical to simply merge some low pop servers to create bigger servers with more players. In that case it would make no sense to offer optional transfers. If a server has a low population allowing players to leave the server would only increase that problem. So it seems like you aim for a). But why would anyone on a high population server want to leave that server and go to low population server?

So could you please elaborate, what is your ultimate goal with the character transfers?

I'm happy with it... I waited out the que times when they were 45min to an hour to get on because i knew something like this would happen, did they say reroll sure but did you have to? no, so again i go with its not BWs fault you have several toons on different servers YOU made the choice to reroll instead of waiting

Oh, I didnt reroll. I knew better than that! :p

As much as transfers and increasing server pops can be a good and healthy thing for the game, I beg Bioware to keep in mind that there are servers out there that already have plenty of people on it and please PLEASE don't allow transfers to these servers - free, paid or otherwise.

While having a massive pop is awesome for running Flashpoints on the new Group Finder tool, let's keep in mind that the vast majority of the content in this game is quests and the vast majority of quests are not phased. Already on my server several planets are maddeningly frustrating to quest on due to population. It's bad on the end-game planets too - ever try to do dailies with 40+ on Ilum? Yeah.. thankfully I normally play during my server's "off-time" cuz if I had to deal with that every day I would seriously quit. The planets may be massive but the truth is they really can't handle a large population all attempting to do the same content.

I understand there are a lot of servers out there underpopulated - maybe even most - and I'm glad you poor guys can finally get a solution. I just want Bio to acknowledge there are a couple out there that are far from under populated (some days I'd even go so far as to classify them as over populated) and to please keep us in mind too when making transfer decisions.

I dont know if anyone has answer this already but what about the player who want to move their toons from the dead server they are, gathering dust, to the new one they are playing now? It wouldnt be another person taking a spot on the server it would be just another toon.

Thats the only way this transfer would worth something for all this player who had to start from scratch due to the low population.

In a previous Community Q&A we talked about character transfers, and announced that they were coming in early summer. Character transfers are a complex process, but we're almost ready to go. Starting next week on June 12th, 2012, we’re allowing character transfers to occur between selected servers in order to provide a better gameplay experience for our players by ensuring population balance across the service.

Read More

Can I move multiple server toons on different servers to 1 new destination?

I moved as of 1.2 to Fatman from Naddist Rebels because it was dead for pvp (on a pvp server). I've now got a lvl 50 rank 58 assassin on Fatman I've been playing almost exclusively.

I have a 50 on Fatman and a 50 Gunslinger on naddist rebels. I want to benefit from having both those characters I spent a lot of time leveling and building up. I basically abondoned a 50, 39, 27 because the game had become unplayable. I am very happy on fatman but still feel massive fustration that I had to quit my main character and server to have a descent online game experience. Something to help re-consolidate would be very appealing to me.

I dont know if anyone has answer this already but what about the player who want to move their toons from the dead server they are, gathering dust, to the new one they are playing now? It wouldnt be another person taking a spot on the server it would be just another toon.

Thats the only way this transfer would worth something for all this player who had to start from scratch due to the low population.

For this wave of transfers, that probably won't happen. You'll be able to do it in the future, though, but you may have to pay for it.

I'm happy with it... I waited out the que times when they were 45min to an hour to get on because i knew something like this would happen, did they say reroll sure but did you have to? no, so again i go with its not BWs fault you have several toons on different servers YOU made the choice to reroll instead of waiting

Alot of people realized that cue times at release were a good sign for server population in the long run and there was no shortage of them saying so. The only thing I blame BioWare for was making the mistake to cave in to the whines and open that last wave of extra servers. Giving the impatient the ability to skip a few hours of waiting upfront for months of desolation ended up being a trap for parts of the community who were already the easiset to get to whine and complain.

For this wave of transfers, that probably won't happen. You'll be able to do it in the future, though, but you may have to pay for it.

That is why I asked this question. So I cannot move to where I play now probably can I bring together the accout.

I mean It cannot be that hard. Its just 2 transfers. The server types are the same.

As much as transfers and increasing server pops can be a good and healthy thing for the game, I beg Bioware to keep in mind that there are servers out there that already have plenty of people on it and please PLEASE don't allow transfers to these servers - free, paid or otherwise.

While having a massive pop is awesome for running Flashpoints on the new Group Finder tool, let's keep in mind that the vast majority of the content in this game is quests and the vast majority of quests are not phased. Already on my server several planets are maddeningly frustrating to quest on due to population. It's bad on the end-game planets too - ever try to do dailies with 40+ on Ilum? Yeah.. thankfully I normally play during my server's "off-time" cuz if I had to deal with that every day I would seriously quit. The planets may be massive but the truth is they really can't handle a large population all attempting to do the same content.

I understand there are a lot of servers out there underpopulated - maybe even most - and I'm glad you poor guys can finally get a solution. I just want Bio to acknowledge there are a couple out there that are far from under populated (some days I'd even go so far as to classify them as over populated) and to please keep us in mind too when making transfer decisions.

I do get what your saying but what server do u play on? Cause i personally don't know any server that is that populated and alot of people say that The Fatman has a big population but that server just does not apeal to me cause of the useless name of it

If BW wasn't going to fix their mistake or simply charge customers for their bad advice they should of NEVER ever jumped on the reroll bandwagon that players started. They should expect to lose more players because of the current state of information that is now out about the transfers.

BW made the mistake to get involved so they should allow everyone 1 free fair transfer. Dead server moves like they're doing on the 12th should naturally be first with everyone else moving between the new array of destination servers second. If you already have characters on a heavy server you should be allowed to move more toons there.

BW is shooting themselves in the foot with continued silence. Because ilke always they want to play us against each other, they want to see us fight and degrade ourselves and then sweep in to make themselves the hero. Well I like your game BW but your not gosh darnn heros you're *******es.

Edited by Kindara

Alot of people realized that cue times at release were a good sign for server population in the long run and there was no shortage of them saying so. The only thing I blame BioWare for was making the mistake to cave in to the whines and open that last wave of extra servers. Giving the impatient the ability to skip a few hours of waiting upfront for months of desolation ended up being a trap for parts of the community who were already the easiset to get to whine and complain.

And whats going on now everyone complaining about they want to move where they want and then what will happen LONG QUE times again and then what? all the complaining about how long the que times are and how they want on a different server so they dont have to wait, no one is ever happy (I am :) ) TBH all the people crying about this and everything else is the reason this game is going down... people have to be babies about what good is coming because its not gonna benefit them 100%

Edited by Buche

That is why I asked this question. So I cannot move to where I play now probably can I bring together the accout.

I mean It cannot be that hard. Its just 2 transfers. The server types are the same.

If your re-rolls are on very high-pop servers, those will likely not be targeted as destination servers. If, however, your re-rolls are more middle-of-the-pack for population, you have a chance at being picked as a destination server. Then, if that is the case, there will be one or more servers transferring to your middle-of-the-pack re-roll server.

In short, if the stars align right, you have a shot. Otherwise, you'll have to wait and potentially pay for it.

If BW wasn't going to fix their mistake or simply charge customers for their bad advice they should of NEVER ever jumped on the reroll bandwagon that players started. They should expect to lose more players because of the current state of information that is now out about the transfers.

BW made the mistake to get involved so they should allow everyone 1 free fair transfer. Dead server moves like they're doing on the 12th should naturally be first with everyone else moving between the new array of destination servers second. If you already have characters on a heavy server you should be allowed to move more toons there.

BW is shooting themselves in the foot with continued silence. Because ilke always they want to play us against each other, they want to see us fight and degrade ourselves and then sweep in to make themselves the hero. Well I like your game BW but your not gosh darnn heros you're *******es.

Yeah this is a good idea for the inital transfer stage everyone should be allowed 1 free transfer of there toons to any server of there choice. Then after that i don't care if they even charge for it. Cause i only want 1 toon moved from my old PVP server to the new RP-PVP server i play and they are basically saying no that won't happen til later. And not giving an eta so could be a week later or a year and that is just not worth waiting for

I am not. The poster asked if he would ever be able to transfer his characters to one server. BW said that they will open up transfers in the future (presumably by the end of the year) where he will be able to do this. If he had read that, he would've known the answer to his question.

YOU said that according to BW, he will not be able to. Why you would do that, I don't know, but you did. And instead of admitting to your mistake, you attack me and leave your answer the way it is, which can only serve to misinform whoever reads it.

Don't provide wrong answers and then attack me for actually answering the person in an honest and correct manner. That's messed up, and other people can easily see how messed up that is :D

3 more paragraphs to continue the derailing. Yeah, time to admit you just want to argue for the sake of arguing and are in no way contributing to the discussion of this forum thread. You're the one who attacked first.

I couldn't agree more. :) People post rants, complaints, questions, and a few thank yous in this thread, but you'll always have the fanboys who come in and start complaining about the people directly instead of contributing anything to the topic. And it just derails, flames, and trolls, resulting in a bloated thread where real feedback and discussion gets lost in its wake. Happens everywhere you have apologetics and fanboys, and I'm no better for attacking them back. I'm just sick of fanboys. Utterly sick of the cr@p here.

Edited by cipher_nemo

This is only the first phase of free transfers. There will be multiple phases over time. During this first-round of free transfers if your "dead" server is chosen as an origin server you will be able to move all of your characters to a predetermined destination server. Provided you have enough character slots available on the destination server of course.

At a later date they will allow transfers to a more wide-range of servers including cross-server types (ie PvP to PvE). These may or may not come with a service charge.

This is only the first phase of free transfers.

This is the only free transfers we know of. There might be more, but Bioware has stated it may or may not cost money. Please quote somewhere stating that Bioware said other "phases" of transfers will be free. You intentionally spun the wording of that.

Edited by cipher_nemo

This is only the first phase of free transfers. There will be multiple phases over time. During this first-round of free transfers if your "dead" server is chosen as an origin server you will be able to move all of your characters to a predetermined destination server. Provided you have enough character slots available on the destination server of course.

At a later date they will allow transfers to a more wide-range of servers including cross-server types (ie PvP to PvE). These may or may not come with a service charge.

The only question is... How many of us will remain to see that phase...

Perfect all i needed to know i would gladly pay a fee to transfer my toon from my old dead PVP server to the server i am on now. I just hope the phases are not months apart as it would make it just that much more frustrating and that much longer of a wait.

Perfect all i needed to know i would gladly pay a fee to transfer my toon from my old dead PVP server to the server i am on now. I just hope the phases are not months apart as it would make it just that much more frustrating and that much longer of a wait.

Unfortunately we won't know when the next server transfers are allowed. I hope they appear within a month instead of waiting multiple months.

3 more paragraphs to continue the derailing. Yeah, time to admit you just want to argue for the sake of arguing and are in no way contributing to the discussion of this forum thread. You're the one who attacked first.

He's not arguing with you. He's correcting your mistake.

Quote: Originally Posted by thendavesaid

So, I created a new character on a new server after I realized my original server was dead. Am I ever going to be able to consolidate my characters from both servers onto one server/legacy?

Quote: Originally Posted by cipher_nemo

According to Bioware, no. Awesome "server transfers", huh?

That is misinformation and simply not true. The question was will he ever be able to consolidate his characters onto one server. The answer is yes.

They tried balancing the population at release by artificially placing low level thresholds on the servers that created 2 hour + wait times to select good servers. That experiment failed and created this problem. It put a whole bunch of good customers who pre-paid in awful servers that had no chance of survival.

I wanted to play on a full pvp server. Through 2 weeks every server was full and had a que. When infact they where not at all full, but had artificial managed caps to try and drive players to other servers. How do you pick a full server when every server is full? They could have raised the allowed populations, but didn't in hopes of spreading out the players. Instead they put more servers online and kept very low full limits.

I moved when my server collapsed. I want to be able to play those toons along with my main and benefit from the legacy system and all the time I put into the game from 1 server. Don't pretend players could "know" fatman would be left standing. There was nothing to indicate that was better. Trust me I remember when Naddist Rebels had a 500+ person wait que. Now it cannot get 8v8 pvp matches to fire most days and nights.

So what are you talking about?