Constructive opinions on how to make VG on par again.

Keypek

Personally would like 3 changes that I think would make Tactics and Assault on par with other classes in pvp now that our burst is dead without going overboard on overall damage in a long fight. I'm ok with not being the burst kings anymore but we need a little more oomph in pvp now that we lost it and so many other classes gained it. But this is just my opinion.

1. Above all else give us an execute move when enemies below 30% health. I would even be ok with them making this melee range to make it not as good as say dispatch since they like making us melee. We didn't have one before because we had our burst damage and that was perfect. But now we need one. In conjunction, drop the 30% buff on DoTs in burnout and replace it with a 1/2/3% damage increase on all periodic effects.

2. Reduce the CD on Fire Pulse by 5 seconds. 15 Seconds for a top tier talent that does average damage by 2.0 standards at best is kinda ridiculous. If not flat reduce it maybe add in to pulse generator that every time fire pulse and ion pulse adds a stack of PG it reduces the CD on the next fire pulse by 1.5 seconds. I actually like that idea better so while building up pulse cannon you're reducing fire pulse CD. Nice synergy between the two abilities and the whole basis of tactics.

3. Give 30m range back to IR and AP for pvp sake. Sure in pve both can still be useful but quite frankly IR should rarely be used in pvp even though everyone has it because it costs to much for such little damage spread out over so long of time. Same for AP... I understood the 10m range when it was up front damage but now it is cost effective in pvp and costs to much to get to in assault tree for another slow ticking DoT. I'd even be ok with taking even more of AP's front damage and putting it into the DoT part of it if putting it back at 30m range. This would allow VG to truly be a DoT spec that lets it apply them at range but still doesn't let them do their true damage without getting into melee range.

SIDE NOTE: Also, think it makes more sense to switch pulse engine in shield with reflexive shield in tactics as they both have much more synergy in each others trees than where they are at now.

Edited by Keypek

First of all, nice post. Less whinning and more proposals.

I like your ideas, but I would add:

-At 3 stacks, pulse cannon tics twice fast...

- Higher damage on fire pulse and/or stockstrike (is called like that for vg's? I'm a pt). I would prefer rocket punch/stockstrike since it would be nice for both assault and tactics. I don't see why it cannot be our highest hitting skill since is shared and basic for both especs.

- Reduce the CD in shoulder cannon... please? pretty please? I mean it gives some nice burst but... 1:30 CD? for a damage skill? 30 seconds is more than enough I think

1 last thing... Eliminator set bonus for PvP, first bonus... if devs know, and I really hope they do know, that pt's and vg's are running with it because it's better for Assault/Pyrotech, why the first bonus of the set is still only useful for commandos/mercs? I don't see why I can't be useful for both AC's.

Cheers

Edited by Reviaj

Just a wild idea I'm going to throw out there since the OP mentioned an execute attack. How about change Heavy Stock/Iron Fist in the Assault/Pyro trees to an effect like "increases the damage done by stock strike/rocket punch by X% on targets below 30% health." X could be changed to whatever number is deemed worthy to buff our primary melee skill. And, because its low in the assault/pyro trees, all vanguards/powertechs can get it easily. This would also not alter gameplay too much since all vanguard and powertech specs use stock strike/rocket punch. Edited by af_raptura

honestly as far as pyro goes, just rollback the Plasma cell and Plastique nerfs...same as it was before. we weren't op before the patch and we sure as hell won't be op if rollbacks happen, in pve or pvp. this is all assault i dont know enough about tactics to say anything.