Character Rename Bug

Lordmird

Got sent my free character rename today, for being a subscriber. Used it, said the name wasn't available, so picked a diff name. It didn't say anything else so I thought I'd log off, as it previously told me it wouldn't take effect until I log.

I relog back into game, name is still the same, and the rename item is gone. Not in inventory, not in character sheet...

:(

Someone posted about this about a week ago too. Report it in-game. That's your best bet for the time being until they add this to the Known Issues list and actually do something about it.

:cool:

I sent in a ticket.

I really needed that re-name...And that 1000CC price is steep..

• Dev Post

Hi there Renamers!

I wanted to be sure you know that we are absolutely looking into instances of renames not committing to characters when you use a rename token. We're asking for your patience while we investigate the matter; there's a chance that we'll be able to resolve it on our side without having to have you use a new token. Otherwise, we'll be ensuring you get your name change via Customer Support. However, if you're waiting on a ticket response, this may be why.

We really appreciate your patience, and we'll come back to this thread with more information as it becomes available. Thank you!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi there Renamers!

I wanted to be sure you know that we are absolutely looking into instances of renames not committing to characters when you use a rename token. We're asking for your patience while we investigate the matter; there's a chance that we'll be able to resolve it on our side without having to have you use a new token. Otherwise, we'll be ensuring you get your name change via Customer Support. However, if you're waiting on a ticket response, this may be why.

We really appreciate your patience, and we'll come back to this thread with more information as it becomes available. Thank you!

Note: The problem does not seem to be that the rename is not committing. It's that the rename doesn't acknowledge that the name chosen was not available and therefor reset the renaming window or return to the user's inventory.

:cool:

Hi there Renamers!

Thanks so much for the feedback.

• Dev Post

Last night's patch resolved this issue; you're now safe to use Rename Tokens again. If you had difficulty with this before the patch, please be sure to file a help ticket so that Customer Support can assist you in ensuring your rename goes through as intended.

Thanks for your patience everyone! I am going to close this thread as a resolved bug. Should you experience any further issues, please be sure to file a ticket and then create a new thread.