Accuracy Pointless?

schmak

So, I had been working on getting my accuracy up when a guildie pointed out some observations that it only helps the static attack, which in my case is saber strike.

I thought I would do some playing around, and I took out all my mods that had accuracy in them and replaced with straight crit/surge then went into EV.

I missed once that I could see. On a saber strike. Nothing else. Just really big numbers. With no combat logging to research I just had to pay attention on boss fights, but one miss, and it stuck out like a sore thumb.

I have 96% accuracy and 101% for special skills. I am guessing this is probably a known item, but did they remove the defensive stats or + level stats from the bosses?

accuracy only effects attack/skills that use weapon damage eg: your basic tropper attack, full auto and etc.

accuracy stat is very beneficial for dual wielding classes like mercenary, marauder, gunslinger and etc. as the secondary weapon(aka offhand weapon) i think only has 70% accuracy compared to the main one

Tech and force attack base accuracy is 10% higher than ranged or melee damage attacks.

Meaning only marksmen snipers need accuracy for all their main attacks. Knights will need some certainly too.

Assasins could benefit from it -but it will not be worth the stat points given their mix of force and weapon damage.

In pve it could be different depending on mob resists.

Could also matter in pvp if sorcs refreshed their buffs constantly as that adds resists.

In my opinion Accuracy isn't as big of a necessity for ranged classes because Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior tend to have their attacks cancelled when they deflect blast fire.

If weapons fire being deflected could potentially be hazardous for blaster wielders, I'd imagine they would stock up on accuracy bonuses in a hurry.

Went in again last night and paid more attention.

I Have 96% Acc and 101% for special attacks

Did not miss ONCE.

Even got some pretty 4.5-5k crits with assassinate on Soa. Luckily as a madness assassin keeping my dots up with Death Field Force power wasn't that big of an issue (plus on the 3rd and 5th phases you run around a bit and regen)

Now this brings me to the PVE gear... half the stats on assassin gear are pointless with accuracy.

Its better to get the piece, pull out the mods, and throw in the mods from champ stalker pvp gloves. More of a rant on that than anything else. If you are going to change game mechanics for classes to not need a stat, then remove it from high level gear; otherwise the only thing they are good for is the set bonuses