View Single Post

Avuras
04.16.2019 , 07:58 PM | #25
So according to what I'm reading here, I'm assuming non-class specific Tactical Items alter the function of any "general" abilities, which also includes non-combat abilities. Given the way Discipline-specific abilities seem to be bestowed and removed, and the existence of Temporary Abilities, I'm also assuming it will be reasonably plausible to design specific Tactical Items which bestow entirely new abilities while equipped, and remove those specific abilities when unequipped. While this alternative approach is probably not ideal for actual Advanced Class/Disciple abilities, I can see this being a great deal more viable when designing Tactical Items for "general" abilities.

With all that in mind, here's a list of possible Tactical Item effects I thought up:
  • Area-of-Effect Harvesting (Ability Modification): When harvesting a resource, simultaneously harvest any other resource nodes also within range of the player. This may not be as useful when harvesting standard resource nodes, but for Bioanalysis and Scavenging? After clearing a large group of biological or mechanical mobs, this could save a decent bit of time.
  • Area-of-Effect "Flurry" (Ability Modification): When using the standard "Flurry" ability each class possesses, damage is now split between up to three targets in a small radius centered around the selected target, with the base damage of the ability lowered to compensate. Damage is still split across several attacks. This effect is also overwritten by any Utilities which directly alter the "Flurry" ability (such as the one available to the Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer Advanced Class).
  • Single-hit "Flurry" (Ability Modification): When using the standard "Flurry" ability each class possesses, damage is now dealt by a single attack instead of several, with an animation change to reflect this. This effect is also overwritten by any Utilities which directly alter the "Flurry" ability (such as the one available to the Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer Advanced Class).
  • Area-of-Effect Recuperate (Ability Modification): When using any rest and recharge ability, whether class-specific or originating from the Cartel Market, everyone within a small radius is also affected.
  • Shared Travel (Ability Modification): When using the standard travel ability while on a planet, anyone who is within a specific radius and in the same group receives an option to travel with them without incurring a cooldown.
  • Player Revive Cooldown Reduction (Ability Modification): Lowers the player reviving ability cooldown by a certain percentage. This naturally does not benefit any Advanced Class with a passive ability eliminating said cooldown.

As for Set Bonuses, here are some ideas:
  • Crafting Mastery: Slightly increases critical chance or decreases time required to craft items for a specified profession, of a specific tier (ie. 1-50, 51-100, 101-150...).
  • Mission Mastery: Slightly increases critical chance or decreases time required for missions of a specified profession, of a specific tier (ie. 1-50, 51-100, 101-150...).
  • Gathering Mastery: Slightly increases critical chance or decreases time required for gathering skills of a specified profession, of a specific tier (ie. 1-50, 51-100, 101-150...). This only comes into effect for the "mission" style gathering, not when harvesting resource nodes.
  • Minor Experience Bonus: Provides a minor bonus for any experience gained from a particular source, using similar mechanics as Legacy bonuses.
  • Warzone Damage Bonus: Provides a percentage bonus to all damage done to other players inside of a Warzone or Arena, but decreases healing done to other players by a percentage equal to half of the damage bonus.
  • Warzone Defense Bonus: Provides a percentage reduction to all damage received from other players inside of a Warzone or Arena, but decreases damage done to other players by a percentage equal to half of the damage bonus.
  • Warzone Healing Bonus: Provides a percentage bonus to all healing done to other players inside of a Warzone or Arena, but increases damage received from other players by a percentage equal to half of the healing bonus.

I may think of others later, but I do see some good potential when it comes to Tactical Items and "general" Set Bonuses.