Viru Sniper and it's usefullness against a mercenary.

AlCorazon

I mostly play Engi and MM, Engi ranked and MM in regs.

I barely touch viru, in another thread, someone mentioned that Viru sniper can be effective against mercs in these current state.

Can anyone who mains the spec, explain if the statement is true.

Also, while having all poison effects on, with laze target, how much damage will a full cast of Cull do, assuming no defenses are up with 248 full gear.

Thank you! :)

Don't know the specific damage, of one particular skill, but I only use it as a secondary character.

True love is and always will be medicine operative, madness sorc and hatred sin :p

But, considering that I'm hardly ever playing that class, 3k - 4k dps on default isn't that bad.

You have to keep in mind that virulence has some decent burst with cull, not as much as you will ever get on mm I guess but that's not the point, you throw your corrosive grenades and everything affected by it is slowed for the entire duration of the dot and it has no cd. then corrosive dart, weakening blast, lethal shot laze target + target acquired and cull and people die pretty fast :p

Then even if a merc tries to run away or rocket out - the dots are always ticking. Just try it for yourself. Never understood why people prefer raw burst in times of reflection shields and stuff to dots and permanent slows (not to mention the preassure you put on all the sorcs when they don't know whom to heal first :p

But that's just my opinion, I don't play sniper very often and am probably not even half as good as the "really good ones" but I think virulence is far better than people give it credit for :)

I mostly play Engi and MM, Engi ranked and MM in regs.

I barely touch viru, in another thread, someone mentioned that Viru sniper can be effective against mercs in these current state.

Can anyone who mains the spec, explain if the statement is true.

Also, while having all poison effects on, with laze target, how much damage will a full cast of Cull do, assuming no defenses are up with 248 full gear.

Thank you! :)

i play mm sniper , and play abit on engi and viru but when i play a merc dots really hurts , so fighting the likes of viru sniper, hatred sin and madness sorc you can feel your life draining from you pretty fast so yes i think dots spec hurt merc

I don't play virulence in pvp much so I can't really comment on most of it, but weakening blast counts as a single target hit, not a dot. So if you have dots on a merc, put weakening blast on them and they hit reflect, then they'll heal off of every weakening blast tick. Or if they hit reflect in the middle of a cull then they'll heal to full pretty quick because of the sheer amount of non-dot damage ticks. They can also get all 15 stacks for trauma regulators really quick and can click that off for all the immediate healing if they need it immediately.

The only thing that dots do is get around Safeguards, the downside of dots is that they quickly fill up the 15 stacks on Energy Shield allowing for a click off heal.

Secondly, as a healer, I absolutely love dot classes on the other team and hate them on my team. Problem is, the damage is mostly laughable and healed through. The top 1-5% of dot class players can really put out some pressure, but everyone else is just trying to get up on those damage meters by whatever means necessary, wet noodle spec included.

This is for 8v8s. 4's pressure comps, if coordinated, cant work.

I main a viri sniper. I have a hard time against Mercs. - tho' I admit I'm not the best PvPer. There's a lot of info overload if you look at he merc's buffs and debuffs, and the steady tick DoTs isn't as good as the heavy front-loaded burst of some classes.

It's an easy class to play and pretty mobile and if you spread dots like crazy and wolf-pack the enemy down by using nearest ally's target a fair bit, I'd say it's as viable as any spec in Regs. - Arenas aren't really my cup of tea, and snipers are often quickly shut down if the enemy has half a brain.

U mean viru sniper and it's usefullness in the entire pvp

There is that. If you play objectives and score in the top half of your team and pull DPS on par with the rest, I'd say anyone is as useless or useful as anyone else. Very few individuals can carry the entire team.

Probably the only way to match oneself against merc is to find friendly one and duel them over and over. - There's too much noise and not enough signal in most PvP matches. Both of you can easily catch a buff or debuff, heal, CC or w/e from another player skewing the result one way or another.