Bubble Stun over-reaction

Vladnar

That's your opinion. I do not accept it. I see the results of how I play my sorcerer. It is only broken in respect to those who want to do mega dps and rack up umpteen medals. PvP is about team play. There is no ‘I’ in team.

As for trolling...have you looked in the mirror lately? Offering one's opinion supported with quantifiable information does not make one a troll. It’s adding to the discussion. I surmise that if one does not agree with you and your opinion, they are, in your eyes, a troll. Good to know. I'll not bother responding to such an arrogant narcissist anymore.

Fact is fact. You are trololololling hard right meow. It isn't my opinion that a spec performs the worst out of all others? I mean wow man.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it? That's news to me. I am fully spec'd Lightning with 2 points in madness for Will of the Sith granting 6% willpower increase. So is Rincewind as he posted (#48) in this thread. I'm not alone, either. 7 other sorcerers in my guild are spec'd lightning. I've run with a number of people in EoT whose Sorcerer were spec'd Lightning.

While this spec may not be as glorious as the smashers, brawling champion smugglers, or stealth spec'd Shadows/Assassins, I can do a lot of damage to multiple targets in a matter of seconds thanks to Lightning Storm, Chain Lightning, Forked lightning, and Conduction. Using Thundering Blast after hitting someone with Affliction (100% automatic critical) is a devastating attack as well. With Reverberating Force (+50% increase in critical damage by Affliction, Chain Lightning, and Thundering Blast) gives a Lightning spec’d Sorcerer a 150% increase in automatic critical damage with Thundering Blast.

Knowing when to use Lightning Storm on a crowd of engaged enemies that are melee range of my teammates can make the difference in a fight. When Chain Lightning procs, 5 targets are about to receive a whole lot of hurt. I may not get many solo kills; however, I do get a large number of killing blows thanks to knowing how to use my Sorcerer's powers.

It's not extinct, it's just not popular to use because people believe going hybrid Lightning/Madness is the best way to obtain high DPS for a higher kill ratio. I disagree with this thought. My Sorcerer is there to support the team, not take the lead in an assault. I play it that way. If I'm left alone I can generate an average of 270k in damage. Harassed, I that is reduced to 150k with 100k in healing...mostly on myself. You may disagree, that's alright. However, your disagreement will not change my opinion in any way, shape, form or fashion. But to say, "spec'ing lightning for PvP is extinct," is misleading and wrong. Extinct means no longer alive, gone forever, erased from existence. Lightning Spec'd Sorcerers are playing in PvP, there aren't alot of us because of the hybrids because Lightning Spec lacks the glorious offensive punch. However, when used in a support role, it is a very effective spec in aiding the melee and range players.

The problem with that spec is you have to stand still to do any kind of real dps. Standing still is bad for your health, unless you're playing bads.

Disturbance's damage is laughable, and so is the 31 talent. Turbulence does no where near the damage of other hard hitting abilities like high impact bolt, maul, sweep, or master strike.

Edited by Smashbrother

And what's the sage's teammates doing this whole time? Yea, real matches don't work out like that.

Of course they don't. read the last part of my post.

In the opening battle, in some warzones, it MAY make or break the game (until something tips the balance the other way around). So many factors to account for in pvp, everything is relative etc etc.

EG.

Huttball 8v8 opening ball rush. I've seen alot of stuff succeed spectacularly. Also seen the same moves fail horrendously.

The problem with that spec is you have to stand still to do any kind of real dps. Standing still is bad for your health, unless you're playing bads.

Disturbance's damage is laughable, and so is the 31 talent. Turbulence does no where near the damage of other hard hitting abilities like high impact bolt, maul, sweep, or master strike.

You are correct. Casting requires standing still. That's why I use the advantage of range. If I'm attacked by Jedi, I use what meager defenses I have (overload that roots them) and try to run away to another location. I accept that. If I hadn't, I'd not chosen to play this class. However, in the support role that I play my sorcerer in, what I contribute to in the way of damage, does what it supposed to do. Therein lies the difference.

You are correct. Casting requires standing still. That's why I use the advantage of range. If I'm attacked by Jedi, I use what meager defenses I have (overload that roots them) and try to run away to another location. I accept that. If I hadn't, I'd not chosen to play this class. However, in the support role that I play my sorcerer in, what I contribute to in the way of damage, does what it supposed to do. Therein lies the difference.

What you contribute is 250k combined damage and healing which is laughable at BEST mate. Can't call me a liar here because you said it yourself in your own post. I just did a Huttball and had 400k healing, and 100k damage done. That is double your combined totals. Only 50k away from your damage total and I'm playing a Corruption hybrid.

Do you want to know why in good games your damage and healing goes down, but mine goes up? The reasoning behind all of this is because you play Lightning spec. Thus you can't even function in a pvp environment properly so when the games get tough, your totals go down because of how awful Lightning actually plays out in pvp.

Now do you see what everyone is telling you? Sure, you may enjoy playing Lightning spec. By ALL MEANS please play it if that is what you enjoy. But in REALITY, it is arguably the worst spec in the game and that is not something that is up for debate. Although I'm sure you will try and say it's just my opinion.

Ghost, every once and a while an individual comes along and forces a group of players to realize that they are not optimizing their builds and truly are missing the greater potential of the AC.

You are not that individual.

31-Point Lightning builds are quantifiably inferior to either 31-Point Madness or the DPS Hybrid in a PVP environment.

Lightning is stationary, interruptible, dependent on cast times, and resource inefficient.

All of your primary damaging effects (Thundering Blast, Crushing Darkness, Chain Lightning) are on 1.8-2.5 second cast timers, meaning both that you are vulnerable to interrupts and will lose almost all DPS-potential the moment you beginning kiting.

Your mobile damage-ability (Shock) is one of the weakest single-target DPS abilities in the game.

Your Thundering Blast only works efficiently when Affliction is on a target and a decent Healer will have both your DoT cleansed and your cast interrupted if you draw his attention and he knows how to use "Target of Target" at all.

Force Lightning is both Force-negative and carries a cool-down in this build.

31-Point Madness and Hybrid Sorcs would literally run circles around a Lightning Sorc in PVP. A decent enemy player will interrupt all three of your major damagers...

...and you know that time you spend channeling Force Storm for the CL Proc?

That is a single-target DPS loss.

Lightning is not a PVP spec.

Daellia literally proved this months ago.

Play it, enjoy it, (I do sometimes), but do not try and pretend it is something it is not.

Play a melee class and then come back and talk. Bubble is absurdly overpowered and just plain broken.

I play a melee class (and a full balance Sage) and I don't think it is overpowered per se, as much as it is just annoying. It creates WZs where people can literally get stunned 5-6 times in a single life, and that just makes people want to pull their hair out and take an axe to their monitor.

Get rid of it and all of a sudden there is no defense against the smashers. It should be a Mez, not a stun. It should exist to give squishy casters an extra chance to create distance (to get away from smashers). Where it becomes a problem, is when you get leapt to by a Jugg, and HE uses the bubble stun to hold you in place while he smashes you. Or the PT using rail shotting you after "His" bubble pops. When you take a mechanic, that is meant to counter another mechanic, and ADD them, you end up with 1 OP dude.

I play a melee class (and a full balance Sage) and I don't think it is overpowered per se, as much as it is just annoying. It creates WZs where people can literally get stunned 5-6 times in a single life, and that just makes people want to pull their hair out and take an axe to their monitor.

Get rid of it and all of a sudden there is no defense against the smashers. It should be a Mez, not a stun. It should exist to give squishy casters an extra chance to create distance (to get away from smashers). Where it becomes a problem, is when you get leapt to by a Jugg, and HE uses the bubble stun to hold you in place while he smashes you. Or the PT using rail shotting you after "His" bubble pops. When you take a mechanic, that is meant to counter another mechanic, and ADD them, you end up with 1 OP dude.

Great post. As long as we get something in return, I would not mind having it go back to a Mez.

Play it, enjoy it, (I do sometimes), but do not try and pretend it is something it is not.

IceHawk, thank you for your constructive points. I am fully aware of the weaknesses and limitations of my chosen spec. I have no delusions of what I can and cannot do. This was a personal choice. I don't like using hybreds, never have. I work with what I have and around by compensating the best I can. I am not making this out to be something it is not. It is what it is; a support spec with limitations. However, I can still contribute in achieving objectives and aid the team. That's what playing a support role is all about. If what is written is true that BioWare will address the Sorcerer dps, then on that day, I should be able to contribute more in way of DPS in the role this spec is, in my humble opinion, meant to be. Thank you again.

I can stand being stunned a few times- since unless someone is intending to keep you bubble stunned with a group of friends (like the troll video) generally you'll only get one or two bubble stuns and another CC before you white bar.

What is frustrating is getting that white bar- then being rooted for the entire duration and still being unable to do anything before the stunlock begins again. If white resolve gave complete CC immunity- people wouldn't have a problem because there would actually be a period of time where you have control over your character- as is though, it doesn't matter if you have white resolve or not, you are going nowhere- and that is what pisses people off the most.

Before trying to nerf the bubble- they should put roots and interrupts on resolve and see how much that lets people breathe and actually be able to do things for a few seconds.

Please for the love of god and the sake of my sanity nerf the bubble stun. I play the juggernaut and i can't take it anymore. 75% of the war zone i spend stunned

The only reason I know sorcs and sages should have bubble stun is because it makes knights and warriors qq. About time we had something.... :D

And yeah as someone else pointed out, it's something a coordinated team could achieve with grenades too, another thing which should have been removed ages ago, along with the biochem/clicky relic change.

Edited by Chemic_al

Play a melee class and then come back and talk. Bubble is absurdly overpowered and just plain broken.

It is not just melee. When a Sorc/Sages casts it on the warrior who then leaps and pops it, it becomes a problem even to ranged classes. Chances are high that you will get Sorc and couple of warriors in one warzone. When 3 of those warriors leap to you and pop the bubble, being a healer becomes nothing but a crap. The worse thing happens with coordinated team that is doing a chain. It is not rare to see a Sorc running trough people just to pop the bubble next to a haler.

I am a Sorcerer and will not be like all those warriors and powertechs defending something that is destroying the fun for 90% of players. I will be honest and say, bubble is not OP on one, it is OP on 7 players and needs to be looked into.:cool:

It is not just melee. When a Sorc/Sages casts it on the warrior who then leaps and pops it, it becomes a problem even to ranged classes. Chances are high that you will get Sorc and couple of warriors in one warzone. When 3 of those warriors leap to you and pop the bubble, being a healer becomes nothing but a crap. The worse thing happens with coordinated team that is doing a chain. It is not rare to see a Sorc running trough people just to pop the bubble next to a haler.

I am a Sorcerer and will not be like all those warriors and powertechs defending something that is destroying the fun for 90% of players. I will be honest and say, bubble is not OP on one, it is OP on 7 players and needs to be looked into.:cool:

All of this is fixed if they make the bubble impossible to manually burst.

I approve of that nerf and would like it done to my main. I full-well understand it will be a hit to my effectiveness in warzones, but I want to play more balanced pvp. There are other issues that needs to be taken care of as well.

Your post touches on more than one issue (the part about the bubble I already adressed)

Smashers is a seperate issue

How to balance resolve/CCbreakers etc is a seperate issue

I dunno if you have said what server you are on but if you have hardly seen these, then you are either A) On a low pop server, or B) Never stepped foot inside a ranked warzone. Sages/sorcerers bubbling their team to create constant cc's is becoming more common, and it is a problem. I have absolutely no issue with the stun applying to the sage/sorcerer only, but an entire team of 8 people is just flat out ridiculous.

Bubble should be only usable on the Sorcerer/Sage and their companions.

Ive hardly ever seen it in game and its just another short stun, theres so many, just load up on grenades and you'll do the same....virtually.

The bubble stun in sorcs comes through the lighning tree, rubbish in pvp as you have to stand still so much weaker than the madness tree and little use for healers really as they'll be giving up so much healing to get it.

You can lose healing for it or lose madness damage for it. hybrid...either way its the only thing that makes lighning even worth existing.

I hybrid heal and im not wasting all those points just to get it and annoy everyone but really, its certainly not that interesting an ability.....id much rather be doing 8k damage hits on crit.

Itll be just on the caster soon enough anyway.

So a 3 second AOE stun that fills half the resolve it's supposed to is fine? You realize it wouldn't be so bad if they actually fixed the resolve gain on it right?

currently as it stands too:

Bubble applied that can absorb 4100 damage. Yes i'm going with that as I was parsing with a friend and that's how much his bubble was taking before it popped.

Bubble Applied> 17 second de-buff starts alone with a 30 second buff that is the actual bubble.

Well say someone is hitting you right from the get go for 1500 damage a hit as it is a decent average hit.

at 1500 damage a hit it's going to take 3 gcd's to pop the bubble. Once bubble is popped 4.5 seconds have gone by so time on de-buff is now 12.5 and the sorc/sage took a little damage.

Bubble popped the attacker is now standing there for 3 seconds and anyone with in the AOE of the blind is now too. The resolve cost is only 300, half of what it's supposed to be.

at the end of the stun it will be 9.5 seconds left on the de-buff. That's 45% of the time the sorc/sage took little or no damage from a target and combine it with the debuff getting some time to tick away before the sorc/sage ever gets hit or the debuff just completely dropping in general, you can chain cc a person or group of players for quite some time.

Oh smash needs nerfed. The bubble at least needs fixed to fillt he proper resolve.

So a 3 second AOE stun that fills half the resolve it's supposed to is fine? You realize it wouldn't be so bad if they actually fixed the resolve gain on it right?

Bubble applied that can absorb 4100 damage. Yes i'm going with that as I was parsing with a friend and that's how much his bubble was taking before it popped.

Bubble Applied> 17 second de-buff starts alone with a 30 second buff that is the actual bubble.

Well say someone is hitting you right from the get go for 1500 damage a hit as it is a decent average hit.

at 1500 damage a hit it's going to take 3 gcd's to pop the bubble. Once bubble is popped 4.5 seconds have gone by so time on de-buff is now 12.5 and the sorc/sage took a little damage.

Bubble popped the attacker is now standing there for 3 seconds and anyone with in the AOE of the blind is now too. The resolve cost is only 300, half of what it's supposed to be.

at the end of the stun it will be 9.5 seconds left on the de-buff. That's 45% of the time the sorc/sage took little or no damage from a target and combine it with the debuff getting some time to tick away before the sorc/sage ever gets hit or the debuff just completely dropping in general, you can chain cc a person or group of players for quite some time.

Oh smash needs nerfed. The bubble at least needs fixed to fillt he proper resolve.

lol 1500 damage a hit is not a decent hit. when Im getting hit I see numbers like 2.5K, 5.5K, 3K, 2.2K, 5K, 2.2K.

where do you play that people hit like little girls. My sage would love to see 1.5K damage taken :)

Jenna'syyde

Better call the waaaaahmbulance- another fotm marauder whining because being the top class in the game still is too hard for him.