Another slight sentinel nerf...

heechJunzi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty clear something is wrong..

Or how about the problem with PT BH? Too much burst. What's the solution? Make it more difficult to use a few key abilities for both PTs and Mercs, who are already on the bottom tier for pvp dps, but also give them MORE burst.....It seems like there is some kind of strange disconnect going on at EA/BW.

I'm not sure I read this right. Are you saying that Powertechs are on the bottom tier for dps?

I'm not sure I read this right. Are you saying that Powertechs are on the bottom tier for dps?

I think he means mercs, however dmg is not the merc's problem, their problem is how easy it is to shut down their rotation. Everyone can literally take turns interrupting a commando and throw in a few giggle emotes while they kill em. Imo, they need to either make tracer missile activated on a really short channel, where you need to really pay attention to your interrupts, and/or make it where you cant interrupt unload. They could also give them more utilities to help them kite melee. An equivalent of a sorc/sage force speed would not be that bad of an idea, both classes do share a healing tree, and a similar kb, why not give commandos a quick speed boost?

Lol surely focus needs to get looked at, but i'm finding this situation quite funny:

1.3:

Community: Watchman/anni spec is OP, nerf the **** out of it BW!!!!

1.4:

BW: We left the anni/watch tree unchanged, but we made focus/rage tree viable, enjoy!

Community: Are you on crack? The class needed a nerf and you buff it with another viable tree? And even more overpowered than the first one??? Nerf rage/focus now!!!

1.5:

BW: We nerfed the Anni/watch tree.

Community: Lol this is beyond sillyness, everyone knows that anni/watch didn't need a nerf.

Thanks BW, I'm sure Watchman/Annihilation was so totally OP that everyone uses it in Warzones. It's surely the nerf to that one spec we have all been calling for.

I'll go back lolsmashing now.

Edited by -Yui-

I love how bioware nerfs this **** out of a spec, yet still leaves the bugged out beserk the same which made that spec good. How stupid can they get?

Smash spec anyone, as if we needed more of those around. I rolled a sin/op because I knew it would get changed I just expected them to fix their bug instead of nerfing the spec into the ground and leaving the bug

The bug is simple,

Beserk

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to go Berserk. Lasts for 6 charges. This effect varies based on your current lightsaber form:

Juyo Form: Increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal YOUR GROUP FOR 1% of max health each tick.

the tooltip for predation is different it says

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to issue Predation TO YOU AND YOUR GROUP, increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

So if the ability actually did what it was supposed to do it would only return 12% when berserk happened. before 1.5 it was healing 18%. So bioware has chosen to nerf crit stacked anni mara and force people to once again power stack. After 1.5 it heals for 12% but nerfs the **** out of the general crits from dots.

GG bioware GG I like many others are now forced to go play your fotm spec in order to be competitive in warzones.

I will enjoy watching you nerf that mistake in the future well done.

No it was simple the heals stacked. The 2% from the talents in the skill tree and 1% from berserk.

There was nothing bugged about it. been like that from the start.

Lol surely focus needs to get looked at, but i'm finding this situation quite funny:

1.3:

Community: Watchman/anni spec is OP, nerf the **** out of it BW!!!!

1.4:

BW: We left the anni/watch tree unchanged, but we made focus/rage tree viable, enjoy!

Community: Are you on crack? The class needed a nerf and you buff it with another viable tree? And even more overpowered than the first one??? Nerf rage/focus now!!!

1.5:

BW: We nerfed the Anni/watch tree.

Community: Lol this is beyond sillyness, everyone knows that anni/watch didn't need a nerf.

While I've not ever been in the Annihilation is OP camp, this is a bit disingenuous.

Even if that tree could be said to have needed a nerf (and really, I've only ever seen them mentioned in the context of general, shared marauder cooldowns...usually camo or UR), I don't think I've ever seen anyone express an interest in THAT particular nerf.

It would be like if, in response to the sorc's bubble stun, the devs reduced chain lightning's damage. What the heck does chain lightning's damage have to do with the perceived problem and isn't that something that hurts raiders more anyway?

I stated this in another post, but it is worth mentioning here. When a Guardian Tank outheals me in a warzone, there is something inherently wrong happening.

But further, to do a side-by-side, let's look at the healing done by a DPS sage/sorc, DPS scoundrel/operative (ironically Commandos/Mercs don't seem to heal as much as they are capable of), and lastly Tank specced Shadows/Assassins.

The self healing done by those classes is ridiculous in comparison *and all those are essentially self-heals (especially in Shadow/Assassins).

This nerf reduces heals by 33%-50%. That is a HUGE nerf.

Edited by Drazzen

I think he means mercs, however dmg is not the merc's problem, their problem is how easy it is to shut down their rotation. Everyone can literally take turns interrupting a commando and throw in a few giggle emotes while they kill em. Imo, they need to either make tracer missile activated on a really short channel, where you need to really pay attention to your interrupts, and/or make it where you cant interrupt unload. They could also give them more utilities to help them kite melee. An equivalent of a sorc/sage force speed would not be that bad of an idea, both classes do share a healing tree, and a similar kb, why not give commandos a quick speed boost?

Correct I meant mercs, not PTs, are bottom tier dps in pvp. But not because their damage is too low, because their dps specs simply don't function well in pvp. Mostly for the reason you mention, interrupts.

Edited by Zoiks

It's pretty obvious by now that the developers are so out of touch with reality that it's not even funny anymore.

They want players to be versatile about their specs and instead of balancing rage/focus they nerfed watchman/anni thus giving players even more reasons to choose the fotm lolsmash. That doesn't even make any sense unless of course you don't have a clue about your game as stated above.

But I guess that's what happens when you rely on metrics and you don't even play the game that you created.

Its just ridiculous. Juyo lightsaber form - 7th form- is STRONGER according lore - compared with other lightsaber forms.

Now its a joke compared with Shii-cho, Ataru and ever probably Shien and Soresu/Shien hybrid for 1 vs 1 fight.

Unfortunately Lore is not taken into account as Darth Maul (Assassin in SWTOR) used Juyo and Obi-Wan (Guardian in Swtor) used Ataru. Both forms not available to those classes. (or we're not allowed to wield dbl bladed sabers as Knights and Obi-wan was a sentinel that only used one saber)

Let's not get derailed. And I'm hitting for about 6.5k with no Elite Warhero and no itemization on my focus Guardian.

8k hits aren't impossible.

I have on my Sentinel almost full Warhero (no Elite), not minmaxed, stil got a lot of +crit, also have 500 bonus dmg from power - which is decent. I crit between 5k-6k max, 5982 being highest so far. This can still be improved but not that much I think.

8k crits, maybe only on some poor no expertise player. The thing is that other Focus attacks are rather low dmg, so Focus sents are not "that" op except smash annoys people.

Edited by Loladarulz

I have on my Sentinel almost full Warhero (no Elite), not minmaxed, stil got a lot of +crit, also have 500 bonus dmg from power - which is decent. I crit between 5k-6k max, 5982 being highest so far. This can still be improved but not that much I think.

8k crits, maybe only on some poor no expertise player. The thing is that other Focus attacks are rather low dmg, so Focus sents are not "that" op except smash annoys people.

Of course the other attacks are fine ... 4k blade storm, 2.5-3k slash, 4.5k dispatch, 7-10k master strike ... totally weak all of those:D

Of course the other attacks are fine ... 4k blade storm, 2.5-3k slash, 4.5k dispatch, 7-10k master strike ... totally weak all of those:D

lmao this. (5char)

The only thing this spec needed was the broken animation to be fixed. What. A. Joke.

Everybody knows Focus is broken...seen a fresh 50 do 500k...

Whats the ability called Force Sweep? does like 8k crits.

No...

The only way you are hitting 8k is for all of the following to be present:

Set bonus for +10% damage after leap (lots of effort if you are a Sent...)

All mods swapped for high power mods (+39 WH or better)

All Enh swapped for low end high power (+27 end/41 power WH or better)

Might 26 armourings in belt and bracers, or better

The person you are hitting to be a Sorc/Sage &/or with less expertise than you (prob 1.1k or less)

Even then, you may need wz adrenal.

Edit: Anyway, they just need to put focus./smash back to how it was before and everything is fixed

Edited by AKfourtyseven