Staggered Launch - How does this help server population and stability?

jameslively

All of the servers with pre-launch guilds were created day 1. Like you and I, I want to play with my guild, and am going to join the server with my pre-launch guild. Throughout the launch, servers will be added. The players who join these servers without pre-launch guilds are going to find themselves in a ghost town within the first several months. How does this spread population and help with server queues when the majority of the population will be on the servers that had pre-launch guilds?

Most servers will have huge queues where as majority of them will be LOW

Er.. how does that even make sense?

Most servers will have queues but the majority will be low? So they'll be low AND have queues?

Also, if you're not able to figure out how a staggered launch helps smooth out an early release rush with this many preorders, then there is no help the forums can provide to you.

THe major benefit for an staggered launch for me is that you do not get 2milion people trying to do the same first starting area quests. By staggering they can also add new servers when needed instead of having 2000 servers at launch and then kill 1000 of them once the game settles (yes these figures are just made up to create the point I am trying to make).

I for one agree with the way they do it, but of course also want to play... I am conflicted...