The Eternal Championship

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have been doing a lot of internal playtesting on the Eternal Championship and it is currently not at a level that we believe our players deserve. In keeping with our commitment to offer the highest quality experience possible with our latest expansion, we have decided to delay the launch of the Eternal Championship. We are focusing on overall balance, ensuring each boss fight is challenging, endeavoring to exceed quality expectations, and most of all, making sure it is a fun experience. Please note Bowdaar will also be delayed, but will continue to launch alongside the Eternal Championship.

To help ensure we deliver on the deeper experience we promised, we have decided to make the Eternal Championship available on our Public Test Server (PTS) prior to releasing it. We are eager to make this feature as high quality as possible and would love to get your feedback as we work to strengthen it. Once we nail down the release schedule we will let you know how to get access on PTS.

I will provide more information as I have it; our goal is to have more information in the next 4-6 weeks. Thank you.

-eric

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do i go about getting a refund on this month Sub? The Eternal Championship was the major reason i sub'ed this month.

If it's going to take 4-6 weeks for you to have more information, then you knew 2+ weeks ago that the content was not up to standard & this announcement should have been made then.

Bait & switch from BW again this month.

You gotta be kidding me! This was scheduled for 4.1, pushed back to 4.2, and now it won't even be ready for 4.3? This was the one content I as a PvE player was looking forward to, don't care about story. :mad: :mad: :mad: Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
I would rather have it be polished and ready to go personally, but since we are not getting bowdaar this chapter any way we can get a little sneak peak of who we get in their place this chapter?

Good question. You will recruit a Companion as a part of the Chapter, but with Bowdaar moving out there will not be a new Alliance alert with Chapter XI.

-eric

Does this mean Guss is coming on Tuesday? Blizz was pushed forward and his quest ends with Guss dialogue, so hoping this now means Guss is Tuesday.

Zenith probably is since his achievements are already on the live server. Hopefully we'll get Guss too.

Bioware: *Releases content without adequate testing*

Community: WOW, DID THEY EVEN BUG TEST THIS?

Bioware: We're going to hold back content until we've polished it fully.

Community: WOW, HOW DARE THEY BUG TEST THIS!

While I personally am pretty patient, and much prefer content being finely polished before release to EA's get-it-out-the-factory-ASAP style, it seems like this kind of delaying happens almost every time with this game. These kind of delays are supposed to be relatively unusual. It's quite sad that I'm now more surprised when a swtor patch *isn't* delayed. Edited by Kakisback

I just have to ask: Why did you all not do this back in January? You know, when it was first delayed?

Please note there are many of us that would happily test these things. Not entirely sure of the reason WHY this was not done two months ago.

Edited by ZeridanShear

This feels like the Eternal Championship is now being over hyped.

A second delay to make sure it exceeds expectations, its 10 solo player fights so I suspect similar to what Elder Scrolls Online released with the Maelstrom Arena. It seems unlikely that another 4 to 6 weeks will change what it is into something that blows players away and revolutionizes solo end game content. Its 10 fights the first 5 or so which will probably be similar to any heroic mob fight cause unless the engine is vastly changed there is only so much that can be done.

The rewards don't seem to make it overly appealing for replay value which gives the impression months to a year will be spent on it for what many players who have access to it (i.e. subs) will spend less time playing through it. Not to mention it adds to the view that smart customers would be best of unsubbing till August when multiple chapters will be playable at once and the Eternal Championship may be available.

I to though would like to know what Alerts will be on offer instead of the EC, given it was to offer a large opportunity for new content which is now to be delayed, what new content is on offer in its place.

Bioware: *Releases content without adequate testing*

Community: WOW, DID THEY EVEN BUG TEST THIS?

Bioware: We're going to hold back content until we've polished it fully.

Community: WOW, HOW DARE THEY BUG TEST THIS!

I know, right?

I'd rather they tested new content and avoided bugs, and the fact that they were straightforward with the customers about the whole thing is GOOD.

This feels like the Eternal Championship is now being over hyped.

A second delay to make sure it exceeds expectations, its 10 solo player fights so I suspect similar to what Elder Scrolls Online released with the Maelstrom Arena. It seems unlikely that another 4 to 6 weeks will change what it is into something that blows players away and revolutionizes solo end game content. Its 10 fights the first 5 or so which will probably be similar to any heroic mob fight cause unless the engine is vastly changed there is only so much that can be done.

The rewards don't seem to make it overly appealing for replay value which gives the impression months to a year will be spent on it for what many players who have access to it (i.e. subs) will spend less time playing through it. Not to mention it adds to the view that smart customers would be best of unsubbing till August when multiple chapters will be playable at once and the Eternal Championship may be available.

I to though would like to know what Alerts will be on offer instead of the EC, given it was to offer a large opportunity for new content which is now to be delayed, what new content is on offer in its place.

Unfortunately, Eric said that there is no new content in its place. We just get Chapter XI in March, no new alerts.