Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we have rescheduled weekly maintenance for eight hours on January 18th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET). This downtime is in preparation for our first major game update, Rise of the Rakghouls! All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

One day turn-around on the delay. Honestly, color me impressed.

Oh what a roller-coaster ride of emotion this bug has been...

I'll leave this here for those that missed it back when Stephen first gave us an ETA on the fix:

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we have rescheduled weekly maintenance for eight hours on January 18th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET). This downtime is in preparation for our first major game update, Rise of the Rakghouls!

For more information, check out our Game Update 1.1 news article.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Wednesday, January 18th, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we do plan on fixing Kira tonight! We know this is very important to you all and want to express just how much we appreciate your patience and continued interest in the game. Feedback in the class forums is very important to us and will continue to be an invaluable resource, thank you all for the time you've put into providing it!

Edited by Averran

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we do plan on fixing Kira tonight! We know this is very important to you all and want to express just how much we appreciate your patience and continued interest in the game. Feedback in the class forums is very important to us and will continue to be an invaluable resource, thank you all for the time you've put into providing it!

Thank you for the heads up Averran. I can't speak for everybody but from what I read most people here understood there was a fix in the works. We were just not happy waiting 3 weeks to play our character. Anyways thanks for letting us know. Tomorrow I can start playing my main again. He has been sitting at 40 for too long.

Thank you for keeping us update Averran and not forgotten the Jedi Knight's

By the time this bug gets fixed my JK will have enough rested XP to hit 50 in no time O_o. He's been parked since about Jan 3rd hah.

Unfortunately, you can only get one level worth saved up. But quest xp "Pushes" it forward, so if you have a full bar of rested, it'll last way more than one level.

I take back my previous statement. To the trolls, no I'm not wearing any tin foil hats, but it did seem bad. But this proves that faith in Bioware still holds true. Thank you, tomorrow before work I can bunker down and enjoy my class quest :cool:

What lvl are you? how much affection do you have?

i have max affection and almost done Chapter 3, 5 or 6 convos from Kira poped up when i logged on

I'm lvl 50, so this is what I'm hoping for. I don't need the xp; just want to play the story out and bust a move :p

I do not know if I fully romanced Kira yet.

I did this all pre 1.1 patch.

I had her fully loaded on the affection 10k.

I kissed, did our "thing" somewhere in the beginning of chapter 2.

My question is, "Is there more to what I did so far or have I done everything I could possibly done with Kira as a romance?" is there more after chapter 2 is done?

I heard there is a marriage option? Is tis true?

Edited by AsianRob

I have 7k affection and no convo option for me :/

Does the class quest need to be at a certain point before she resumes her affection converstations?

And is anyone else still having this issue?

Edited by Octes

I finished with Taris, i'am lvl 26 jedi knight with more than 2,5k affection points, and the game always says that Kira wants to speak with me, but on the ship nothing happens, she is just standing there. So what should i do? Is it the bug? Maybe i shold do Nar Shadda first? help Edited by ZTomas

I finished with Taris, i'am lvl 26 jedi knight with more than 2,5k affection points, and the game always says that Kira wants to speak with me, but on the ship nothing happens, she is just standing there. So what should i do? Is it the bug? Maybe i shold do Nar Shadda first? help

It is a bug unrelated to the Kira bug. I addressed this in my Kira bug guide/FAQ which has fallen off the page.

This can happen for ANY companion. It means nothing. (It possibly means your affection has outleveled your plot progression. Unconfirmed.)

All you need to do is right-click your companion and hear her response. If she gives normal responses, she doesn't have a mission/dialog for you. So ignore the mission indicator.

If she says, "We need to talk" then take her to a ship/cantina.

I have 7k affection and no convo option for me :/

Does the class quest need to be at a certain point before she resumes her affection converstations?

And is anyone else still having this issue?

Yes, for all of your companions, there are class quest "gateways" before certain companion interactions are unlocked.

You need BOTH plot progression AND affection to unlock dialog.

For example's sake, consider the "welcome to the ship" dialog with Kira. Suppose it unlocked at 200 affection whether or not you got your ship...well, she would talk to you before boarding your ship, which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I'm guessing that one has no affection requirement, but most companion dialog requires you to advance the plot AND have sufficient affection.

Fixed. :D

It's been a long, strange, confusing, often frustrating road. Best of luck to my fellow Knights.

It's time. We have a galaxy to save.

You can see this thread is quiet cuz all you guys are off romancing kira hahaha

Glad you all have it fixed and you can enjoy the game :D