The true solution to the quitter epidemic

Leiralei

There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button. If they want to exit force them to reload the game, this alone is enough of a pain that these lazy players wont bother.

FYI: People leave for all kinds of reasons. Last morning I was playing a Void Star and 2 players left after we completely crushed the other team on attack. We still won, barely holding them at the last door with 6 players. But this kind of quitting is baffling.

Edited by HaLeX

There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button. If they want to exit force them to reload the game, this alone is enough of a pain that these lazy players wont bother.

FYI: People leave for all kinds of reasons. Last morning I was playing a Void Star and 2 players left after we completely crushed the other team on attack. We still won, barely holding them at the last door with 6 players. But this kind of quitting is baffling.

Ever dawn on you that some players quit because they have to go? Sometimes I quit because I have to, I change my mind, or my team isn't doing ****, and it ruins the fun for me. What would keep me from quitting due to my team,is allow me the option to kill my own teammates and help the other team even if I don't get any points for it. I want to kill my team for not doing anything.

Edited by cool-dude

I still favor a scaling lockout :p It would suck for a DC, but if you put the first leave of the day at a 5 minute lockout, second at 15, 3rd 1 hour, and a 4th leave as a 24 hour ban, you are not going to hit the DCs that hard unless it is a VERY common thing for them to DC.... I have left maybe 4 WZs, but it is a constant source of frustration to me that I continually see people leaving at the first sign of an issue. Gets WAY old... And hello there Leira ;p

There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button. If they want to exit force them to reload the game, this alone is enough of a pain that these lazy players wont bother..

So you'd rather have people standing still doing nothing than another player taking their place after a while?

You need to address the problem at its roots. That begs the question: why are people leaving?

For different reasons. The people leaving becouse their kid is upset, their girlfriend wants to make out, or their cat is on fire, these people will leave the WZ regardless if the "exit WZ" button is removed or not. They will stand still doing nothing anyway.

The problem is the "ah **** this ****, we're losing and I don't care so I'll just quit" people. It's so annoying for the remaining players who try to win it and come back from a deficit, and it's annoying for the people having their WZ pop just to come in to a match with little to affect.

Edited by Darbon

I still favor a scaling lockout :p It would suck for a DC, but if you put the first leave of the day at a 5 minute lockout, second at 15, 3rd 1 hour, and a 4th leave as a 24 hour ban, you are not going to hit the DCs that hard unless it is a VERY common thing for them to DC.... I have left maybe 4 WZs, but it is a constant source of frustration to me that I continually see people leaving at the first sign of an issue. Gets WAY old... And hello there Leira ;p
Shortsighted people.

Likely scenarios would be: Player go's afk, just starts dancing on node or bunny hopping naked through warzone for example. Say what you want, this will gradually become more annoying then people just dropping out of a warzone. I can already see the whine threads rolling in. Another scenario would be that people gradually stop queueing all together.

Forcing people to do things that they don't want to do especially in a game thats supposed to be enjoyable is a bad idea. Another point worth mentioning is, there is no cross server pvp currently in SWtoR so player pool is kind of limited more so on each server. This will lead to annoyingly long solo queue times until eventually, (like I mentioned before) people stop queueing all together.

Edited by SwordofSodan

• 3 years later...
Exactly. I agree that matchmaking needs to be added to the game for PVP. Not sure what Batman has to do with it though. :p

Matchmaking would help, but people will still quit at the first sign of trouble.

There needs to be some penalty for quitting that frequently.

Not sure what though. People couldn't care less about credits, coms, or valor.

A deserter debuff would DESTROY WZs, would KILL ques, it would remove PvP from the game altogether.

If you wanna wait 1-3 hours for a que, then sign on to a deserter debuff. Go ahead and kill PvP, like it's not bad enough PvP servers are dead.

You are missing the bigger picture. There are not enough players for a deserter penalty.

System works fine, leave it alone.

OK the whole lock them in don't let them leave thing is laughable, it really is. Who the Hades are you to force others to take a beating for your ego?

Ask yourself why people leave, and you have the answer to the problem.

Bottom line you cant have your cake and eat it to.

I thought this was a new thread and would have been based on last night's pub showing on Harbinger. I got three straight matches where I was backfilled and pubs were dropping left and right. The matches were not blowouts when I got to them, they were not even close to over. Voidstar, there was over 5 minutes in Round 1 and I was like the 5th or 6th backfill, and more were churning in after. Hypergate, the first pulse wave hadn't even detonated yet and I was not the first backfill, nor the last. Final match was an arena where several people dropped on both sides both before and after the first match (there were two healers on both sides). That one was understandable, healfest arenas are not my favorite thing either.

But I see it all the time, people quit when one side scores in huttball, or one turret has been captured by the other team and the other two haven't even been turned one way or the other yet, etc. Maybe people on Harbinger take for granted that their warzone pops aren't as long as other servers, but it seems like such a waste of time to me that people quit so soon before situations have truly become hopeless (and even then, a hopeless match should be over soon anyway as long as the other huttball team isn't trolling everyone by not scoring the sixth point).

There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button.

"You don't want to eat grandmother's half-burned - half-baked - half-raw meal with far too much salt in it and LOTS of pepper and everything else since she isn't able to read the contents of her flavouring glasses ?

NO, NO, NO !

I'll LOCK UP THE DOOR so that you can eat everything ! We do not throw anything away !

Eat, until your plate is empty ! [ Only ] Then I'll unlock the door you'll be able to get out of here again !"

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

LoL

Had 2 quitters in an arena yesterday. Left us with 2 DPS and me an op healer against a trinity premade.

We beat them. 2-0

Quitting is their loss, not mine. I don't care. I play the game to relax. Not get upset.

Who cares.

You clearly do not play a merc. There is no such thing as relaxing. Its 100% pure frustration from the time I hit my first attack unitl the end of the match.

"You don't want to eat grandmother's half-burned - half-baked - half-raw meal with far too much salt in it and LOTS of pepper and everything else since she isn't able to read the contents of her flavouring glasses ?

NO, NO, NO !

I'll LOCK UP THE DOOR so that you can eat everything ! We do not throw anything away !

Eat, until your plate is empty ! [ Only ] Then I'll unlock the door you'll be able to get out of here again !"

This reminds me of something Norman Bates mother would do to him... This didn't happen to you, did it Alrik? :eek:

no the way to end the "quitter epidemic" is far easier. Require all lvl 65 participants to have 2018 expertise , regardless of whether it is regs or ranked. If you really wanted to go nuts get rid of the pvp mission as well. I'm fairly sure this would resolve a lot of bad matches almost immediately.

no the way to end the "quitter epidemic" is far easier. Require all lvl 65 participants to have 2018 expertise , regardless of whether it is regs or ranked. If you really wanted to go nuts get rid of the pvp mission as well. I'm fairly sure this would resolve a lot of bad matches almost immediately.

how do you propose for new players to get pvp gear, without doing pvp ?

i agree in ranked but regs? come on there has to be a place for players to start at pvp, and they wont have gear when they do.

see the easy button solution is the problem..guess what for a lot of us we suffered through numerous horrible matches and slowly GRINDED our way to 2018. I don't care that its rough it was rough for us founders, deal with it. You come into lvl 65 matches undergeared you are the problem and more often than not you ensure a loss, Ive watched and all I see are players who'll duel, go afk and generally act like A..hats and accept a loss right from the start. Why do I care you think grinding for your pvp gear at 65 is unfair, I started at lvl 20 and so did a lot of other decent players. I have no idea why you feel you are special? must be a millennial thing? at lvl 65, I think if you haven't made it to 2018, you need your own queue, should make matches interesting as I'm sure it would be a lot of players standing in corners waiting for someone else to make a move.