Would this be a viable alternative to full Deception?

RankorSSGS

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_inquisitor/assassin/#::f22ef6efefef4e6f2e2fe5de2f:

Randomly came up with this while toying around, and at least to my inexperienced eyes, it seems like it might work. I've never really tried making my own builds before, so this is a first for me. I would play this in dark charge.

Pros:

Far more survivability

Lose the giveaway "yo yo saber" animation

Due to energize, shocks will still hit hard, and crit often.

Doesn't rely on Recklessness as heavily in order for burst, and will be harder to predict without the voltaic animation.

Reduced cd on force speed.

Cons:

Wasted point into surging charge, but was necessary in order to get Induction

Discharge no longer a big hit, but should be a decent aoe when it crits.

So tell me what you all think. Any criticisms or ideas appreciated.

Edit: corrected some uses of shadow terms. Also, assuming that the effects of Crackling Blasts stacks with Energize, it looks like reckless shocks could hit incredibly hard :rak_03:

Edited by RankorSSGS

Also, assuming that the effects of Crackling Blasts stacks with Energize, it looks like reckless shocks could hit incredibly hard :rak_03:

They don't stack.

Can't remember which thread it was in but this came up quite recently and several people said they don't stack.

They don't stack.

Can't remember which thread it was in but this came up quite recently and several people said they don't stack.

Well that sucks. So if Crackling blast will not effect energized shocks, and dark charges discharge is pretty pathetic in terms of damage anyway, then it is not worth it to go that far up. I end up with something like this http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_inquisitor/assassin/#::ef4ef8ef7ef6efefef4e2fe3f2e2fe2fe2fe2f: and I don't think that build would work very well. Thanks anyway guys.