Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

GamewizX

Good to know! Unfortunately I'm not recognizing any of your names, but there was a lot of us during the pre-launch days. I've been here since July of 2009... played beta since August 2011 in the secret Revanite testing group (not supposed to talk about that, but heck BioWare decided to forget about us after launch so I don't really care). Handled most of the convention threads pre-launch if anyone remembers those. :) Good times! Edited by GamewizX

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still here. Be here till the game dies, may that be in the distant future

Same here. I never let my expectations get too high. I guess that's why enjoy the game. I like it for what it is. Though I want more. I did three beta tests, and I got early access in the very first wave. I remember creating my first characters at like 4 in the morning before going to work.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

I'm just curious who is still here from the pre-launch days... I haven't visited these forums in forever and just recently canceled my TOR subscription. So before it expires I'm just curious if there are any veterans left.

I've been here since the Thanksgiving Stress Test.

Same here. I never let my expectations get too high. I guess that's why enjoy the game. I like it for what it is.

this. i actually joined the forum in October of 2009 and wasn't really planning on playing the game at first to be honest. i was just curious, and it did look a little interesting. but i was thinking that it would end up like all the other MMOs i've played and left. then 2 years went by. i forgot all about the game until one day i checked my email and saw that i was invited to take part in the November stress test. since i went through the trouble of signing up, i was like "eh, why not." we'll just say the game blew away what little expectations i had, and i promptly preordered the game once the stress test ended.

Apache! I remember your name. :) You are probably the only first day joiner left on these forums, lol!

And I most definately remember you too.

Im still here. Still playing. Even though I have certain issues with the game, I am still enjoying myself for the most part.

Sorry to see you go though Wiz. Hope to see you later down the road if the game improves enough to bring you back.

Happy Trails, and Remember: Just because youre paranoid, doesnt mean that youre not being watched

I was part of the stress beta and am still playing now, as for the forums well I've been part of and have followed them since the site went up although recently I have really had much to say on them, nonetheless I've been around since the start.

And I most definately remember you too.

Im still here. Still playing. Even though I have certain issues with the game, I am still enjoying myself for the most part.

Sorry to see you go though Wiz. Hope to see you later down the road if the game improves enough to bring you back.

Happy Trails, and Remember: Just because youre paranoid, doesnt mean that youre not being watched

I still believe the game is a great game. I just got burned out after playing it heavily for over a year straight. I need a break for awhile to check out some other games. :)

Was on the forums for about a year before launch. Never in the beta though. These forums used ti be a lot better, so much more positive thinking and general fun.

/sigh... Sometimes I wish the game had never come out.

Yeah, I've been here since well before beta and all we did back then was talk about what we hoped for and how we thought that they could do this or that, and it was generally positive stuff.

It wasn't all joy and sunshine, though. Sure, there was hope, but there were plenty of disagreements, too.

But I guess it really didn't matter. None of it.

The old boards were, I think, just a place designed to keep our attention until launch, not a place for us to offer any useful suggestions for the game itself.

Consider the gigantic 'mini-games' thread.

Fast-forward to now and we have yet to even be able to play a friendly game of pazaak with one of our companions.