Meet the Developers: Hall Hood

CourtneyWoods

Any chance we´ll get daily class quests and companonquests ? Make about 5 quests for each class and let us get one random each day. Make each quest a small 3step chain. Also give each companion 1 quest and let us have 1 random each day. Add a quest if you romanced a companon. I know it´s a lot of writing, but i just hate the fact that our beloved companions go completely silent at endgame.

I would also like to hear from general Garza from time to time on my trooper. She wouldn´t leave me alone for one sec while leveling, and now Garza´s totally forgot about me.

Events are they a onetime only thing or will they be back ? I´m thinking f.x. the ragghoul event could be made a yearly event.

Any chance that we will see some phasing some day. Could be a planet where we had a questline to build a base, clear the area for enemies/wildlife get resourses and what not and when the questline are done we will get a finished base.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mr Hood,

SW:TOR is a game that is, supposedly, all about choice. I'll admit, the choices presented and the consequences for these choices are certainly of a higher quality than any other MMO and, indeed, some single player games. However, I can't help but feel some of the choice has eemingly little impact.

Admittedly, I haven't played through the same class twice with different choices to see the end results, but, well, Youtube exists. It seems that choices have no significant impact on the missions that you partake in throughout the rest of the game; for example, an Agent that chooses to side with

Darth Jadus at the end of Act 1 will carry out the same missions in following acts as one who lets him escape.

There is some change within the dialogue, but not what we actually do.

More agent spoilers below:

This leads me to my question: in the next major update which includes the continuation of class stories (whenever that may be), will our choices throughout the game up until the end of Act 3 have an impact on what we do? To continue on with the Agent example (and these scenarios are entirely hypothetical), will an Agent who let Darth Jadus escape be presented with a mission where we have to stop him, or capture him? Will an agent who sided with Darth Jadus be given a mission from him to do something very Sith-y? Will an agent who erased their history with the Empire to become a ghost-agent do, well, ghost agenty stuff? Will an agent who decided to side with the Republic be given missions that benefit the Republic?

Again, entirely hypothetical scenarios and I've no wish for an answer with spoilers. What I really want to know is, will our major choices throughout the game result in dramatically different stories in the next story update, or will our choices continue to simply alter the fluff dialogue that we get when we're all given the same missions as our class brethren?

Love,

Thaed.

Edited by Thaed

Is there any information you could possibly give us on SGRAs? I'm not talking spoilers here, I'm asking about very broad basic general functionality as to the how it will be implemented.

That is assuming it still will be, considering it is hard to know what is going on when you guys stay absolutely disturbingly silent for no apparent reason. :mad:

And if there is some arcane byzantine reason, I for one would like to know just what on earth that reason is? :confused:

OOh ooh someone who understands the Doc storyline. I must know. What is it, in your opinion, that gets you started with Doc? I completely understand why I love him later on in the storyline, he's such an adorable dork, but in the beginning I find it baffling that my female Jedi finds him anything but creepy. H'es also one of the companions I am simply incapable of writing about in my fanfics, I just can't get past not understanding him. Anything at all would be great to help out in understanding. :)

Ky'arra Thistle, 41 Jedi Sentinel, Branwenne Thistle, 50 Trooper, Commando, A'iofe Thistle, 47 Sith Sorecerer, Khi'hira Thistle, 37 Mercenary Bounty hunter, Ci'ir'a Thistle, 26 Imperial Agent Sniper, Kheari Thistle, 25 Trooper Vanguard, Khearra Thistle, 33 Smuggler Scoundrel.

The Thistle Legacy on The Harbringer

Actually, I think it would be interesting to have "more" world story in as much as you are given more quests and more quests lines which complete the goal of your faction's purpose of being on the planet. Kind of like the bonus series', but running concurrently and they take different angles to 'same' end results - they could of course be based around how the archetypes work. A lot of Stih players have complained about doing the jobs of lesser Imperials, so why not have the planet story take into account your standing as amazing Darth McShootLightning and have a different style of story to what the Bounty Hunters and Agents would have?

This could be interesting. However, if you are to develop 4 different views on each quest you might as well just add 4 seperat class stories.

What does BW consider the "Canon" race, gender, and Force alignment of the 8 classes? Like is the Agent a Light sided Chiss male? or is the Bounty Hunter a female neutral Cyborg? Or is that one of the things that won't be figured out for a few years? (Like the canon gender of Revan and the Exile?)

Also, how do you think the other companion characters feel about having HK-51 join their respected crews? Or at least how do the ship droids feel? :p

What does BW consider the "Canon" race, gender, and Force alignment of the 8 classes? Like is the Agent a Light sided Chiss male? or is the Bounty Hunter a female neutral Cyborg? Or is that one of the things that won't be figured out for a few years? (Like the canon gender of Revan and the Exile?)

P

I believe Mr. Hood already kind of answered that question on Twitter a while back. He said: " As far as I'm concerned, the "canonical" identities of player classes are determined solely by their individual players."

This has come up a couple of times and no one can really find a reason for it, so maybe Mr. Hood can shed light on it:

Why do male characters get significantly more [Flirt] options than female characters?

Added to that

Will you be adding more [Flirt] options (both same and opposite sex) when SGRA's come out?

Question with a spoiler-bit for the JK.

One of the most memorable moments in SWTOR so far for me was when my JK and her crew went after the emperor for the first time and failed. She came under his influence. Brought a friend with me to that quest and we were both completely shocked, it was wonderful. In the end the JK breaks free and flees with the crew.

But I've always wondered how Doc, T7 and Kira would have handled the situation. What happened to my JK's crew while she was under the influence of the Emperor. Would love it if they could talk a little about it later on when there is more story-content released. Did they get closer as a crew trying to hold out for as long as possible? Did they try to come up with some kind of escape-plan. T7 is a resourceful little droid, did he try with something.

My JK being married to Doc now, and he has become one of my favorite companions, I would be very happy to know how he managed during this time. Just because I'm curious.

many of the questions are realy not story oriented, so we might not get answers to those. We can still try our luck tho :)

here comes a bit more. When a new OP or PF is made, do you sit with the FP designer and discuss the story of the FP. Some FP have nice stories e.x. malstroem prison and foundry, but after those you get hit with a real bad one (while leveling) Colicoid war games are just plain boring. Story is allmost non existing and feels like it´s been added after the FP.

would love to get some "flashback" quests to build on the lore of swtor universe. Sacking of coruscant f.x. or the battle over taris. Are there any plans to expand the lore of our universe ? It could even just be done in a library, but a few lorebuilding quests would be nice. Some cavern of time type quests or something. Maybe the Voss mystics could give some dream flashback FP thingy..

That would be pretty cool! I don't want to do any "time travel" stuff, but taking a look into the past with visions and flashbacks would make the story feel a little more complete.

BTW, the Voss vision stuff was some of my favorite parts of the game.