Forever blowing bubbles

Theagg

Remember the good old days when as a stealther (Scoundrel in my case) you could ninja cap a turret in civil War.

You know how it went, sneak up, Tranq Dart the lone defender and begin capping. The defender breaks the dart CC and you reply with Flash Grenade. Now, with their CC breaker on cooldown, and with them therefore out for the full 8 second count, it's a job well done for you, turret taken.

Except, of course, when 1.4 bubbles are involved. So following the scenario above what happens. Well hey, no problem for the lone, bubbled sorceror because even though they are supposedly stunned full the full count on your Flash Grenade, having blown their only CC on the dart stun, there is always the magic "off button".

Just toggle off the bubble and flash, wham, one stunned Scoundrel, me, thus ruining the otherwise perfect ninja cap.

Seriously Bioware, this ability to toggle off bubbles for stun effects, even whilst the player is stunned needs to go.

Remember the good old days when as a stealther (Scoundrel in my case) you could ninja cap a turret in civil War.

You know how it went, sneak up, Tranq Dart the lone defender and begin capping. The defender breaks the dart CC and you reply with Flash Grenade. Now, with their CC breaker on cooldown, and with them therefore out for the full 8 second count, it's a job well done for you, turret taken.

Except, of course, when 1.4 bubbles are involved. So following the scenario above what happens. Well hey, no problem for the lone, bubbled sorceror because even though they are supposedly stunned full the full count on your Flash Grenade, having blown their only CC on the dart stun, there is always the magic "off button".

Just toggle off the bubble and flash, wham, one stunned Scoundrel, me, thus ruining the otherwise perfect ninja cap.

Seriously Bioware, this ability to toggle off bubbles for stun effects, even whilst the player is stunned needs to go.

Reminiscing about bads who don't know how to place themselves for solo turret defending does not give you a valid point to argue from.

You and I agree about the bubbles though. being able to click it off for instant 3 sec AoE CC is OP and should be nerfed (only thing wrong with the bubbles)

And the (lack of) resolve it adds.

Nope

I know it doesn't give the proper amount of resolve after they switched it from mez to stun. But fixing it will kill bubble spec completely. 2 bubbles = white bar... no thank you... Not unless you give sage/sorc a viable 31 point spec for PvP.

Oh and BTW. There's a thread on the front page here in the PvP forum concerning bubbles. With a BW employee reply... Use it. don't create another thread just to clutter the forums.

Edited by DaedalusV

Nope

I know it doesn't give the proper amount of resolve after they switched it from mez to stun. But fixing it will kill bubble spec completely. 2 bubbles = white bar... no thank you... Not unless you give sage/sorc a viable 31 point spec for PvP.

Oh and BTW. There's a thread on the front page here in the PvP forum concerning bubbles. With a BW employee reply... Use it. don't create another thread just to clutter the forums.

It should add resolve like a stun, not a mez, as intended.

Did you not play prior to 1.4? Nothing has changed. Your post is ignorant at best.

Edited by Hairyzac

Um.. Hybrid Sorcs have always been able to click off their bubbles while stunned. Only change is its a stun now instead of a mezz. So no difference in that scenario.

I agree, in my opinion patch 1.4 was one of the worst, most needless patches they ever came out with, the CC's are way way way over board. its no longer PVP, its PVCC. thats all folks do in WZ's now is spam cc's there is no skill, no effort, no team play, just toss out the cc for the win.

In my opinion a CC should only be reserved for two reasons BW.

1. getting away from a player.

2. capping a node, or preventing a player from capping a node.

the sole purpose in wz's should not be centered around how many times you can cc a player, thats just silly!

Um.. Hybrid Sorcs have always been able to click off their bubbles while stunned. Only change is its a stun now instead of a mezz. So no difference in that scenario.

Fairy nuff. Main point will still stand though, having the ability to at will stun other players whilst you yourself are stunned isn't good.

No defense for that ability really.

Or perhaps all classes should be given a freely clickable, even when stunned ability to stun others, even when their CC breaker is on cooldown. For the balance and all that jazz.

Edited by Theagg