3.9 Million Credits, and 2 months?

criminalheretic

Just making sure my math is correct...

So with a fresh 50, and the addition of ranked WZs, is that what we are looking at to gain a competitive level of gear?

I was only able to log on to server for a sec this morning, but people were spamming selling MK6 kits for 200-300k.

So the BM grind is really fast, took me 3 days. The WH grind has taken about 2 months, but some of that can be attributed to server pop, as it was hard to get a PVP queue prior to xfer. We'll say for a power gamer it takes a month.

So a month of grinding WH gear.

Of course you don't wanna go into ranked with anything less than the best, which would be WH + 14 augments.

Unless you can make them I have seen the augments selling for 85k/ea. That's 1.1 million.

Then the kits to put them in your gear, we'll say 200k conservatively. That's 2.8 million creds.

Awesome. Super glad I picked Biochem. But hey at least I can use my fancy purple adrenals...oh wait. Well at least I can sell my best crafted stuff to buy some of those augment kits...oh wait. Well at least I can craft the new WZ adrenals, that's gotta be cheaper than buying them outright....oh wait.

BW, thank you from all the biochemists.

Of course you don't wanna go into ranked with anything less than the best, which would be WH + 14 augments.

Why wouldn't you? gear is not everything, yes some with all WH will have an advantage on someone on BM, but player skill and team coordination still count. Besides whats the worst thing that happens? you lose. You still get some ranked WZ coms, practice with your team and more important you have fun.

Why wouldn't you? gear is not everything, yes some with all WH will have an advantage on someone on BM, but player skill and team coordination still count. Besides whats the worst thing that happens? you lose. You still get some ranked WZ coms, practice with your team and more important you have fun.

You get all that in the non-ranked WZs.

And I am well aware that gear is not everything. I used to have recruit gear. Now I have all augmented (those that could be prior to 1.3) WH except waist, and head, which are BM. I like my current gear much more than I liked my recruit gear...

My concern is for an alt that I am leveling. I have like 2.2 million creds on my main and I at least do the BH dailies and of course the PVP dailies, and have been for months, my point is, gearing up for PVP just became very hard for certain people based on their CREW skill, which should of course have almost nothing to do with PVP.

Just making sure my math is correct...

So with a fresh 50, and the addition of ranked WZs, is that what we are looking at to gain a competitive level of gear?

I was only able to log on to server for a sec this morning, but people were spamming selling MK6 kits for 200-300k.

So the BM grind is really fast, took me 3 days. The WH grind has taken about 2 months, but some of that can be attributed to server pop, as it was hard to get a PVP queue prior to xfer. We'll say for a power gamer it takes a month.

So a month of grinding WH gear.

Unless you can make them I have seen the augments selling for 85k/ea. That's 1.1 million.

Then the kits to put them in your gear, we'll say 200k conservatively. That's 2.8 million creds.

Awesome. Super glad I picked Biochem. But hey at least I can use my fancy purple adrenals...oh wait. Well at least I can sell my best crafted stuff to buy some of those augment kits...oh wait. Well at least I can craft the new WZ adrenals, that's gotta be cheaper than buying them outright....oh wait.

BW, thank you from all the biochemists.

On paper your stance makes sense but just like WoW was, it's very possible to climb the ranks without max'ed out gear. How many of us got gladiator without a full pvp set or the best raid tier weapons?

I've slaughtered the dps meters with a pure recruit set, it really depends on how well you play and there is NOT a crazy amount of difference between WH and BM.

Btw, don't you get rated WZ coms for rated WZ games? You can still work on rating even if you're not completely geared.

Gear is not everything, skill is not everything - but FPS and latency is! And Bioware just made both about 50% worse!

So who cares how long it takes to grind or how many credits it costs when true problem is that you need to upgrade your computer hardware for REAL money?

so you log in 5 minutes after the servers come up from the update. and complain about inflated prices? they're down to 100k on the fatman right now(pub side)