We still have a little Burst

chrishill

Dps PTs are priority #1 in getting a guard from tanks because their opener in AP is unparalleled. Even after a guard a double taunt or even triple taunt (without guard) is almost always necessary to prevent AP from aggroing boss. Their rotation gaining critical increase from explosive fuel, on top of shoulder cannon's off CD barrage also affected by the very same explosive fuel critical increase. That's an easy over 15-18K Dps (depending on gear of course) sustained for the first 15 seconds before dropping down to the current low to mid 10K range. Just as you said us being glass cannons with lack of a panic DCD most other classes have. Edited by PrometheanDeath

Dps PTs are priority #1 in getting a guard from tanks because their opener in AP is unparalleled. Even after a guard a double taunt or even triple taunt (without guard) is almost always necessary to prevent AP from aggroing boss. Their rotation gaining critical increase from explosive fuel, on top of shoulder cannon's off CD barrage also affected by the very same explosive fuel critical increase. That's an easy over 15-18K Dps (depending on gear of course) sustained for the first 15 seconds before dropping down to the current low to mid 10K range. Just as you said us being glass cannons with lack of a panic DCD most other classes have.

And what if I don't want to be a glass cannon with a nice big old opening punch before tossing out jabs and instead want the PT to be AN ACTUAL TANK. Able to sit in the heart of a ****storm no other class would dream of doing and still duking it out?

Sure AP is a fun class for big opening blasts, but that's a 1 trick pony. I want the PT/VG to be able to do something BESIDES that. Like the other tank classes can.

And what if I don't want to be a glass cannon with a nice big old opening punch before tossing out jabs and instead want the PT to be AN ACTUAL TANK. Able to sit in the heart of a ****storm no other class would dream of doing and still duking it out?

Sure AP is a fun class for big opening blasts, but that's a 1 trick pony. I want the PT/VG to be able to do something BESIDES that. Like the other tank classes can.

Well if you don't want to be a glass cannon then I would say find another class or suffer though it on a PT till our defensives get better, if they ever do. DPS classes shouldn't be able to out live tanks like they can now, so either they start taking defensives down from classes which will cause an uproar on every level, or just simple buff what classes are lacking. Instead of nerfing mara/sniper/merc and so on, just buff PT Dps and tank survival in pvp.

Well if you don't want to be a glass cannon then I would say find another class or suffer though it on a PT till our defensives get better, if they ever do. DPS classes shouldn't be able to out live tanks like they can now, so either they start taking defensives down from classes which will cause an uproar on every level, or just simple buff what classes are lacking. Instead of nerfing mara/sniper/merc and so on, just buff PT Dps and tank survival in pvp.

Hey you're preaching to the choir. It was asinine responsive safeguards and Trauma Regulators went to the Merc class.

I've been harping on PT defenses since I joined when this game went F2P.

But the PT is the whipping boy of SWTOR so we won't get jack when the PT IMHO should be the tank among tanks.