Scatter Bombs

Phil_S

There is a very upsetting bug on the skill "Covered Escape"/"Hightail It" of the Sniper/Gunslinger which allows them to drop up to five "Scatter Bobs" (an ability in the Engineering/Saboteur skilltree) on a place. This inflicts high damage to opponents nearby (up to 15k damage at once) and gives this range class a very powerfull defense against meele classes.

The bug also could be used offensively. I made the experience in the arena that two sniper came into close combat, use "Covered Escape" and kill you immediately.

I hope you can fix that until season two starts because it gives the Sniper/Gunslinger a very overpowered meele burst especially in the 4on4 ranked contests.

...you've only found out now? It's not only been known for about a year now, it even forms the core of an entire spec, this spec even has its own leaderboards. Basically this amounts to discovering that Darth Vader

is Luke's father.

It's been discussed with Bioware and they confirmed they're fine with it, since there are so few situations where it works.

Every single sniper who plays Ranked knows about it.

Snipers still suck in ranked. It's the worst class in Ranked. There's a total of ~60 snipers and gunslingers to have hit 1500, as opposed to ~150 assassins and shadows. Of those few who did, most don't run the engi/scatters spec. You can occasionally catch a weak player unaware, but they were dead the moment they queued and would have died to any other spec anyway.

Arguments about stacking 2, or 4, or 8 of a particular class lead nowhere - because in reality a team with 1 sniper and 1 PT will be stronger, and a team without snipers at all stronger still. So two separate classes don't do it with one and the same ability - that only makes it harder to defend against.

It's really irrelevant in ranked, everyone who plays ranked knows about it, it's very obvious when one's trying to pull it, and it's very easy to avoid or defend against. A lot more relevant in regs where you have green players who are wondering why isn't a ranged class running away from them so they can leap for that free Rage.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

• 2 weeks later...

I just can tell these scatter bombs are sick and should be nerfed. It can't be that sniper/gunslinger can oneshot you in a battleground just because they drop 5 bombs at the same spot.

I've also seen ranked teams with double sniper + pt/assasin with forcepull campin near a wall till they can grab someone. They camp there till suddendeath and then roll the **** out of you in the middle of the map ...

It is just pathetic how this doesn't get nerfed...