Darth Hexid questions and more questions ... so many lore questions ... omg

HiddenPalm

Will Darth Hexid give updates to the updates Master Ranos gave on our lost companions?

For those who don't know what Im talking about look up Master Ranos on youtube. She gives updates on our lost companions that were Jedi or Sith. Hexid being a contemporary of Ranos, Im hoping Hexid will be as interesting as Ranos. Ranos is even a crew member in Galactic Starfighter. People are scared that Hexid will have no dialogue whatsoever. We all know the dialogue with Hexid was recorded. It would be a major waste not to use that and it would disappoint so many of us. It will also be disappointing to us if Hexid says the same things Ranos had already said. In short, it would be ultra sweet if Hexid gives updates to what Ranos has said. Give us a taste of the whereabouts of Jaesa, Nadia, Ashara, Kira and Scourge.

I can smell whats coming. I just want a taste. A little tiny taste.

Edited by HiddenPalm

Just a question on that- unfortunately I had to take a break during the event in question so didn't get the companion: did the Jedi's answers vary depending on whether one had Dark Jaesa or Light Jaesa for Sith Warriors?

Yes, two separate answers depending on light side Jaesa or dark side. Both are rather vague answers though.

Will Darth Hexid give updates to the updates Master Ranos gave on our lost companions?

We don't know yet. Anyone who does has been datamining, and we aren't allowed to discuss that here. (And no, I don't know. I haven't been datamining.)

For those who don't know what Im talking about look up Master Ranos on youtube. She gives updates on our lost companions that were Jedi or Sith. Hexid being a contemporary of Ranos, Im hoping Hexid will be as interesting as Ranos. Ranos is even a crew member in Galactic Starfighter. People are scared that Hexid will have no dialogue whatsoever. We all know the dialogue with Hexid was recorded. It would be a major waste not to use that and it would disappoint so many of us. It will also be disappointing to us if Hexid says the same things Ranos had already said. In short, it would be ultra sweet if Hexid gives updates to what Ranos has said. Give us a taste of the whereabouts of Jaesa, Nadia, Ashara, Kira and Scourge.

There's a good chance that the dialogue they recorded back then for Hexid was the same dialogue, or at least the same information, so that it wouldn't matter which one they ended up giving out. That doesn't mean that they haven't recorded different words, but bear in mind:

* Some people will have both. If I can get my act together and do my three PvP matches, I'll be in this category.

* Some people will have just Ranos (there have been threads complaining that Hexid is "locked behind group play", from people with a pathological hatred of doing anything in groups).

* Some people, for various reasons(1), will have only Hexid.

The information given to the Ranos-only and Hexid-only shouldn't be wildly different. Maybe. Discuss.

(1) Such as:

* Wasn't even playing back then.

* Didn't have time to finish the Eternal level of the DvL event.

* Pathological hatred of group activities meant they REFUSED to finish it.

* Pathological hatred of the idea of creating new characters in order to participate.

* Some people, for various reasons(1), will have only Hexid.

(1) Such as:

* Wasn't even playing back then.

* Didn't have time to finish the Eternal level of the DvL event.

* Pathological hatred of group activities meant they REFUSED to finish it.

* Pathological hatred of the idea of creating new characters in order to participate.

That's me right there. Took a long break. I youtubed Master Ranos' dialogue so I hope Hexid gives us similar updates on our companions, it will be interesting to see what the differences are.

That's me right there. Took a long break. I youtubed Master Ranos' dialogue so I hope Hexid gives us similar updates on our companions, it will be interesting to see what the differences are.

I lost my computer a little before the DvL started and got it back a year and a half later -- could not afford a new one ---

so never even had the chance to get Ranos -- I did 3 pve matches for Hexid though; so she is mine ... :)

will see what she says .....

I hope she gives us updates on our companions too. It's possible it could just be the same information, but I realized that Ranos only ever met the Republic love interests. She knows of Ashara and Jaesa by rumor and reputation only. If they wanted to do something different, they could have Hexid do the opposite. Maybe she met Jaesa and Ashara and has heard news about Kira and Nadia.

I hope she gives us updates on our companions too. It's possible it could just be the same information, but I realized that Ranos only ever met the Republic love interests. She knows of Ashara and Jaesa by rumor and reputation only. If they wanted to do something different, they could have Hexid do the opposite. Maybe she met Jaesa and Ashara and has heard news about Kira and Nadia.

Any update she gives will be identical to the one Ranos has provided, no updates.

Any update she gives will be identical to the one Ranos has provided, no updates.

Well, if she doe say anything about them, it doesn't make sense she'd have the exact same thing to say about them. For example, it makes sense that Ranos would say that LS Jaesa reminds her of herself, but if Hexid is as Sithy as they claim she is, she wouldn't say anything like that.

Well, if she doe say anything about them, it doesn't make sense she'd have the exact same thing to say about them. For example, it makes sense that Ranos would say that LS Jaesa reminds her of herself, but if Hexid is as Sithy as they claim she is, she wouldn't say anything like that.

That's why I hinted at "same information, different words". That LSJ reminds Ranos of herself is not information about LSJ. It's more accurate to describe it as information about Ranos herself, and of course Hexid won't have anything to say about that.

Instead, Hexid will tell the PC what *she* thinks about the companions, perhaps that DSJ reminds her of herself, and that LSJ seemed to be such a weak fool. But the information about LSJ's activities will probably be the same.

I hope Hexid gives exactly the same info as Ranos for two reasons:

1) I don't have Ranos and would like to find out what's going on with the companions.

2) Just to be able to come onto these very forums and read all the ranting from people who actually wasted their time doing the DvL event.

:t_tongue:

I can smell whats coming. I just want a taste. A little tiny taste.

Why would Hexid care when she last saw our companions, what is in it for her? If Hexid is merciless as a Sith ,she wouldn't care for charity.

She cares enough to join the Alliance in the first place.

i think you are confusing a chance at personal gain for more power over genuine empathy. If Hexid is that merciless she won't return that empathy, it would be disgusting to her.

Edited by Celise

My point was that if she cared enough to join the Alliance, she would presumably also have a vested interest in seeing in grow and prosper.

Plus, even if she doesn't personally care about the Outlander's relationships, it's not like she'd necessarily have some philosophical objection to answering simple questions like "Hey, have you seen or hear anything about X person?"

• 2 weeks later...
When does the Hexid alert become available? I checked on an alt that has Umbara completed, and there was an alert. I checked on one who's only through KotFE chapter 9 (when you can get Ranos) and she wasn't.

The prerequisite to get Darth Hexid's Alliance Alert naturally (if you qualify) is to complete Chapter 9 of KOTET.

-eric

/5char

Here's some food for thought.

I have a LS SW. He made his Jaesa LS. I got Ranos and she told me Jaesa was out there defending people from Zakuul.

Now I got Hexid, And she tells me Jaesa fallen to DS and is killing Zakuul forces.

At first I thought It was Bioware just as usual, not paying attention to their own previously established lore. Or maybe they forgot that originally you were not supposed to have both Ranos and Hexid, thats why they they say opposite things. Maybe whoever you got was right by default.

But then I thought about chronology. Hexid joins after Ranos, after you dealt with Zakuul. It's entirely possible her information is more up to date. Combine it with the fact that Bioware mentioned DS Jaesa as the one to return, and not LS...

It looks like they are setting up DS Jaesa being the only possible version of character. I guess it beats the treatment Khem got:confused:

Edited by Gelious

Here's some food for thought.

I have a LS SW. He made his Jaesa LS. I got Ranos and she told me Jaesa was out there defending people from Zakuul.

Now I got Hexid, And she tells me Jaesa fallen to DS and is killing Zakuul forces.

At first I thought It was Bioware just as usual, not paying attention to their own previously established lore. Or maybe they forgot that originally you were not supposed to have both Ranos and Hexid, thats why they they say opposite things. Maybe whoever you got was right by default.

But then I thought about chronology. Hexid joins after Ranos, after you dealt with Zakuul. It's entirely possible her information is more up to date. Combine it with the fact that Bioware mentioned DS Jaesa as the one to return, and not LS...

It looks like they are setting up DS Jaesa being the only possible version of character. I guess it beats the treatment Khem got:confused:

When Hexid said that, I thought she was lying, but I just wish choices stuck, I don't wanna DS Jaesa... I think I'm just going to not do the alliance alert for Jaesa's cannon return and stick to head cannon on LS Jaesa's return.

But anyways ...I just don't get why they can't seperate the alliance alerts depending on the choice you made, 'cause if Ranos can have two different dialogues on DS or LS Jaesa then how hard is it to bring back LS Jaesa, it's only a few lines more then done, as most returned companions after the expansions only get like 4-5 mins of total dialogue and that's it.

Edited by iFenris

I have LS SW, too, and got the impression Jaesa ends up DS no matter what, which was disappointing.

Still, as for Darth Hexid herself, I am enjoying the character. She's quite sassy to me. I think my DS SI will be great buddies :3

I guess it beats the treatment Khem got:confused:

Khem is also similar to Jaesa as there were two versions of him: the all Dashade and the shell inhabited by Lord Zash. While they could have brought back the monster talk version (and avoid possible VA issues) just as they did with Qyzen Fess, it'd be impossible to satisfy those who had chosen the Lord Zash version.

So I'm with others on the LS Jaesa. I'm sticking to the returned comapnions device and my own head canon.