life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

Ideally there should be a way to get them through an event through in game play (pretty much as every other MMORPG subscription or freemium does).

However if that isn't possible (and given Bioware EA development problems) this well may be the case, the need to be a LOT cheaper.

2400CC for the pack is 4 months worth of subscriber coins if you have a 6 month recurring sub (it's many more months if you have a 3 month or 1 month recurring one).

That is horribly, horribly, horribly expensive for the sort of stuff that is given free to subscribers in all most ALL other MMORPGs (what's worse is on the store the "claim" it's 35% discounted from 3750CC per pack :eek: which is shadey in itself).

600CC per character would have been at the steep end IMO.

Ohh... I meant new items to the Cartel Store and not the specific Life day robes.

Well, we will see if they perhaps lower the prices on the robes, or perhaps they drop from the new pack and you might find them on the GTN. Good luck!

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality is that with a 6 week patch schedule there isn't enough money with the small $15/month sub. The Cartel Market and it's nonsense is the only way to keep content coming.

Also 1.6 a PvP patch. They added new tiers of gear, new instances and made steps as balance. People should be happy they added anything new beyond that. It sure wasn't expected.

Enough people will buy the stuff so that we all get new content. That's not insulting, that's a business folks :p

These 6 weeks patch are 1 big patch broken up to last longer

Ohh... I meant new items to the Cartel Store and not the specific Life day robes.

Well, we will see if they perhaps lower the prices on the robes, or perhaps they drop from the new pack and you might find them on the GTN. Good luck!

General new items are fine as they are.

Limited Time items need at least some warning to allow people to save for them before the are removed.

Probably both need a price cut.

These 6 weeks patch are 1 big patch broken up to last longer

So the renewed Ilum, the new planet, the new Expertise set up, new species, higher character lvl (55), new abilities, and 2013 events are all already completed?

That's all rhetorical. I don't believe anyone really thinks that the developers have enough resources to have already created a years worth (or even 6 months worth) of content at a time.

Edited by CharterMonkKent

Milking the subs, plus the quality continues to plummet.

Time to start looking for a new game.

But we did get a new PvP War Zone today. It looked pretty cool earlier so I might give it a try. If we are unhappy with not getting an event we should at least acknowledge that we got new content to the game today.

It might not be something for me since I don't PvP very often, but I don't begrudge the PvP:er to get something new every now and then.

A very, very high cost.

A calculatedly high cost to mean you cannot save up for them within the "limited time" without paying more cash as a subscriber.

Then don't buy it if it's too rich for you. Pretty simple.

Go enjoy the new WZ and gear. Merry Christmas and it cost you no CC and was included in your sub.

Maybe but pure speculation on your part.

However, you're still getting content at roughly every 6 or so weeks. Thats a good thing.

If you look at the content over 6 months, or the total content over 12 months and break it up monthly it's pretty much the same IMO.

I don't think we're getting more content we're getting it in littler chunks and more regular intervals.

But none of that excuses the Life Day debacle IMO.

But we did get a new PvP War Zone today. It looked pretty cool earlier so I might give it a try. If we are unhappy with not getting an event we should at least acknowledge that we got new content to the game today.

It might not be something for me since I don't PvP very often, but I don't begrudge the PvP:er to get something new every now and then.

^ This. New WZ is 100s of hours of content. A life day event would have been around 4 hours of content. There really can't be people that would rather have a 4 hour event than new end game content...

Edited by CharterMonkKent

Pretty much in line with the amount I spent on gems in GW2 to buy the halloween outfits. Nothing new to be seen here honestly.

Major difference here, you can trade in-game currency for Gems in GW2. I got Mad King Costume, the Witch Costume, the special Halloween pets (And Chainsaw the Skeleton), aswell as a Ghastly Grinning Shield and Scythe Weapon skin all with Gold to Gems.

Don't get me wrong GW2 has faults, but cheating it's customers has not been one I've seen. Not to mention they actually have some fun Holiday events. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

Then don't buy it if it's too rich for you. Pretty simple.

Go enjoy the new WZ and gear. Merry Christmas and it cost you no CC and was included in your sub.

Again though that is not an arguement.

If something is too expensive and set up to force people into having to buy extra coins to buy it, it remains just that whether or not I buy it.

It's like the sun is still there whether or not I look at it, or that not looking at a mugger doesn't make them magically disapear.

Major difference here, you can trade in-game currency for Gems in GW2. I got Mad King Costume, the Witch Costume, the special Halloween pets (And Chainsaw the Skeleton), aswell as a Ghastly Grinning Shield and Scythe Weapon skin all with Gold to Gems.

Don't get me wrong GW2 has faults, but cheating it's customers has not been one I've seen. Not to mention they actually have some fun Holiday events. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

doesnt GW2 also have an event along side selling things for events

However the servers aren't located in the UK nor are Bioware or EA.

Does it not equate to a 35% saving over buying the items individually ?

I do not beleive so, and the UK was only an example, most locales have similar laws

oh and Im not angry about it, Im done with the cartel nonsense because you cant even vendor the unwanted blue garbage that you get, I just found it amusing and dishonest at the same time.

Again though that is not an arguement.

If something is too expensive and set up to force people into having to buy extra coins to buy it, it remains just that whether or not I buy it.

It's like the sun is still there whether or not I look at it, or that not looking at a mugger doesn't make them magically disapear.

Was it supposed to be an argument? I think not.

I want a lot of things but a high marketed price being to high or limited time to buy them keeps me from it. I'm not even sure where you get the forced purchase from. Cause it's limited time? I bet you get forced a lot at McDonald's and the limited time rib sandwich? Being forced to eat it and all.

You see that line of thinking is really odd right. You are in no way forced.

It's like wanting a Porsche but not being able to afford it and then whining about it. Just cause you want it cheaper doesn't mean it will get cheaper or even should be.

Thats bad form BW first off instead of an event to get limited items toy put them on cartel market?....And the new space parts are sold on the cartel market...instead of giving craters recipies for em? This is the first step i've seen you guys do in a PTW way.

Hey, I just had this crazy idea....

What would happen if people stopped buying Cartel items?!

This is like blaming Walmart for being a massive retail store...while waiting in the check out line...

What would be the SWTOR equivalent of chucking a brick through Walmart's window??

doesnt GW2 also have an event along side selling things for events

Yes they have multiple events. Halloween had the Mad King's Clocktower, a structured pvp event, an investigation event, the Costume Brawl. Christmas all of the events are listed in that link.

And you also dont even have to use the Gem Market for the Black Lion chests they have Mystic Forge recipes to get the same chest with in-game items.

Was it supposed to be an argument? I think not.

I want a lot of things but a high marketed price being to high or limited time to buy them keeps me from it. I'm not even sure where you get the forced purchase from. Cause it's limited time? I bet you get forced a lot at McDonald's and the limited time rib sandwich? Being forced to eat it and all.

You see that line of thinking is really odd right. You are in no way forced.

It's like wanting a Porsche but not being able to afford it and then whining about it. Just cause you want it cheaper doesn't mean it will get cheaper or even should be.

So we're argeed that you have no arguement here.

And I guess we're therefore both also a bit puzzled as to what your posting about then. :confused:

So getting back the point 4 months worth of 6 month subscriber coins per Life Day Pack is extortionate and far, far too high. :mad:

What would be the SWTOR equivalent of chucking a brick through Walmart's window??

Cancelling your sub and finding another game to play. Joy of that is, you don't get to go to jail or pay restitution.

We all have been given a wonderful thing in this life - Freedom of Choice. If you don't like something, don't support it, and go find something you do like. For those that do like it, they have to choice to continue to support it, and so they shall.

Yes they have multiple events. Halloween had the Mad King's Clocktower, a structured pvp event, an investigation event, the Costume Brawl. Christmas all of the events are listed in that link.

And you also dont even have to use the Gem Market for the Black Lion chests they have Mystic Forge recipes to get the same chest with in-game items.

And I, for one, am glad that SWTOR is not GW2, otherwise I would not be playing it. Personally, I don't care what other MMOs have or have not done in the past. I only care about the games I am playing, and as long as they keep entertaining me in the way I like, then I will continue to pay to support them.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Welcome to EA folks ... we all knew this was coming, this is just slightly sooner than I expected. You want to blame someone? Try the *****s who wet their appetite by spending $200+ on day 1 for cartel packs.

"These suckers will pay for anything." Are the words theyve lived by for years now.

Thats who this game is being made for now.

Its only going to get worse.

Edited by MasterKayote

Hey, I just had this crazy idea....

What would happen if people stopped buying Cartel items?!

This is like blaming Walmart for being a massive retail store...while waiting in the check out line...

If you read though these threads you see just how much people intially spent on the inital F2P splurge, from there it's no great leap to see how we arrived at the Life Day rip-off... er..... Pack.

Basically there's someone in charge of SWTOR that's been running around Bioware EA offices for the past 4 weeks doing nothing but screaming "SELL IT!!!! SELL IT!!!! SEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL IT!!!! SELL IT!!!!!" (IMO). :)

Unfortunately no one at Bioware EA seem to have realise how easy it is to jump the shark with the cashshop, and just lose all sense of reason resulting in even "whale" player suddenly going "hang on a sec.......". :(