"From a certain point of view..." (SPOILERS)

Imperious

After playing six of the eight classes and many fights: I wish to know what do you believe it's better

Light Side (LAME and NAIVE most of the time...)

Dark Side (SADISTIC and EVIL most of the time...)

On my personal experience:

Sith Warrior

I did saw coming Darth Baras betrayal, but the Light Side choices benefits mostly the Empire and the Dark Side choices usually are fun but later consequences are way more gruesome: specially on Corellia, Makeb, Illum and Zakuul

Sith Inquisitor

At fist is fun since the Sith are frustrated with a mere slave climbing. But on Corellia, the Silencer weapon and Makeb are really hard choices, the Dark Side choices weakens the Empire really bad...

Imperial Agent

This is a story were you see how arrogant are the Sith and personally disliked the idea to have the option to spare the ex-Jedi on Quesh. I found so difficult to have a direction so that Jadus someday will come back for the head of my Sniper and I found myself hating the Republic more than before

Jedi Knight

I was surprised to see swearing to Kira that nothing would happen to her as a Dark Side Choice, and even more finding a choice trying to redeem Vitiate...

Did anyone have the same thoughts about...

I've found that many times I put a bit of myself into my toons and just choose what would fit best in certain situations. Like my Sith Marauder. I don't go out just slaughtering on a whim. Granted if I have an enemy beaten, damn right I'm killing him. I don't want to have to face him again down the road. Dead enemy is a dealt with enemy. But conversely there are some light sided choices my Marauder made simple fact of no need for absolute wanton slaughtering.

Conversely my BH, is mostly neutral, infact I think he just hit Lightside one. Sometimes he's ruthless as hell, other times nice as can be. It just depends on the moment.

And when it comes to killing Arcann and letting him live, some of the choices for my toons are going to be interesting. my Jedi knight Balien(yes named after the famed Balien from Kingdom of Heaven), as light side as he is(just hit light level 5), he knows that deep down, only way to stop Arcann is to kill him. So if it's a dark side choice in the end, Knight is going to make it.

Conversely, my mostly dark agent, who knows, might decide to spare him for justice. BH, is going to put two in his chest, 3 in his head then burn the body just to be sure the frakker is dead.

All comes down to how I do the toon.

The easiest way I find to go is to ignore/turn off the alignment of choices and just go with what you think that character would go with.

On Si for example, I find this takes them to about dark 1-2 at most, as there are lots of light choices that just make more sense.

My TL;DR is :

Inquisitor: Fit me perfectly in my gray mentality.

Knight: Very easy to be good as him, but he has some flaws on his resume. He'd leave the order for Kira.

Warrior: Seems very killy, but as Bunk says 'A man must have a code,' so he's not a generic rabid baddie.

The long version:

I think the Inquisitor story fit me perfectly, as it held that kind of fine line of doing some pretty bad things while not being a foaming at the mouth lunatic, but also balancing it with some even keeled decisions and merciful resolutions. I ended up split almost 50/50 on my Light Side/Dark Side points until KOTFE pushed me into the Light I-II range. I like to think he took the Revanite quest on DK to heart, and tried to walk a balanced path from then on - including swiping a copy of Kel'eth Ur's teachings. I saw Zash coming a mile away - nobody is THAT nice to a Sith apprentice unless fattening them up for something later on, and no way I was turning on Khem for her. Lana fits my character perfectly, although I'm way more snarky in my replies, I tend to take pragmatic approaches to how the SI solves things. Except for how I dream of the day I can throw Quinn out of an airlock. I'm wondering if troubles brewing in KOTFE though because it made sense for him to accept Valkorians offers at the time : Lana wasn't something he would even have had to take a second to consider, ending a fight without bloodshed sounded incredibly practical, and the whole point of putting up with him in my head was take out his son.

Jedi Knight I've stayed pretty much Light IV all the way through. I liked that they assigned Dark Side points to the Kira story as the whole "attachment is bad" is beaten into your head by just about every Jedi. The game even shows you how badly it can mess you up as I rushed to save Kira in the DK assault, completely abandoning (momentarily) the quest to take down the Emperor. I put personal gain over the good of all, so dang if the Jedi weren't right. I regret nothing though, Kira's the best companion in this game. I might be a bad Jedi though because I didn't try to redeem the Emperor, I kind of accepted the whole Jedi Assassination attempt. That swing was for what he did to Revan and Bastilla :( I figure he has to be pretty conflicted in KOTFE as the one time he accepted Lana lived, and then he said no twice and ended up with a bunch of dead Scions and a lightsaber through the gut.

My Sith Warrior is always bouncing between Dark IV and Dark V, yet I just don't feel like he's a complete psycho. He has a soft spot for Vette, and I have to wonder what Malgus thought of that seeing a Sith and a Twi'lek walk into his throne room, and even though he kills a lot in his quest lines I tend to operate him on an 'You attack, you die. If not, you may leave.' philosophy. So he gets a bit bloody, but he's spared quite a few people he saw as not being a threat, or at least not being worth killing.. Baras didn't seem as obvious as Vash, but the moment he started making a move against his master I knew I was going to be his fall guy. Oh, and Vowrawn's my bro: I would have told those Hand's he decided to hide out in a cave on Hoth if I had the choice. Interestingly enough he's rejected Valkorian every time in KOTFE - Lana was on her own, I didn't need help dealing with someone who drew a blade on me, and I figured he would have been proud and wanted a one on one lightsaber fight with Arcann.

All comes down to how I do the toon.

As it should be!

Edited by Mykra

I don't think that all the options are so black and white, they mostly depend on how you play darkside or light, sith warrior for example can come across as a very honorable warrior darkside, and some darkside options are downright logical (even Vette agrees, or at the very least doesn't disagree with most of the darkside options i ended up taking)

To me with sith characters they generally wind up lightside with the exception of when going darkside is the smarter choice, like on one flashpoint where you choose between using nukes on the republic fleet or crashing them "harmlessly" in to the planets moon.. my inquisitor went darkside.

Likewise on my warrior he will not kill defenseless people, but he will stand calmly and allow an old jedi master to find peace before giving him a samurai-like death and bow to him respectfully before leaving, he will kill a sith overseer who lost to him in battle after complimenting his strength.. and he will flat out murder hutts because they deserved it.

My current warrior has a focus on strengthening the empire and protecting its people. All of my choices light and dark have reflected that fairly well.. and as a result my warrior progressed in a distinctly lightsided direction in spite of the fact that he will still kill people who deserve it.

Meanwhile on my jedi knight i believe i have 0 darkside points, my jedi may come across as naive but she really just believes that anyone can and should have the chance at redemption no matter how hopeless it may seem. And a large number of times the result is that a fallen jedi or even a sith finds redemption and becomes an ally. And on my sage she will sacrifice herself without hesitation if there is a chance that doing so will help a complete stranger, i kind of fell in love with my sage lol..

There are some seemingly naive lightside and stupid evil darkside choices yeah, but a lot of the lightsided ones come down to interpretation, most of the time those choices are just doing the morally right thing even when it is really (really) hard.

Edited by Aryalandi

depand on how you play your toon...

my Inquisitor is a wannabe Emprore , so the empire is there to serve her and destruction and mayhem are her hobbies....

my warrior LS is trying to change the empire from within..nuff said .

Agent : So far I have made 2 playtrough , one in wich I side with repb (and it was kinda dissapointing) and one in wich my agent go completely rogue (and again it was dissapointing) . Planning on a 3rd playtrough for a loyal agent and see if it will be a bummer....or not .

Jedi Knight story is kinda overrated .Wasnt impressed , and felt like Muh . More importantly , felt like I was the sidekick of Scourge the whole time..and when you know who he is and what he did..Oh my blood pressure...:mad:

Light Side (LAME and NAIVE most of the time...)

Dark Side (SADISTIC and EVIL most of the time...)

I have yet to see a game that made a logical Dark side/Evil . They often write it as greedy , evil for the sake of evil , arrogant..ect...

when evil can be so many things , but they insist (games) on repeating the same recipee . As if they were afraid of trying something new and shocking .

Then again , it's EA/BW they were never 'exellent' at dialogue....just look at previous games . Some scenes/dialogues are so cringe worthy....and some others couldve been so much more . Exemple: thana mission , no matter what you choose in the end it leave you with a bitter taste (at least it Left ME with a bitter taste) , when I wouldve loved if the end is Thana and the player killing her master .