Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is simple: Don't you guys talk to the Mythic employees you have on staff? Did all the guys who designed DAOC leave?

How can you make such glaring mistakes?

Majority of the DAoC devs were fired when EA took over Mythic

EA put in their own devs

BW has no PVP/MMO experience

Guess which devs were assigned to help out.. Not the mythic ones.. but the EA noobs who drove DAoC to its grave

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Lol @ "potential issues" Its not potential it IS an issue, and now isn't the time to be forming a comittee and seeing what we think can be done to balance it. The servers should immediately be brought down and all valor gained on the day rolled back. This isn't a potential issue its a catastrophe for valor rank already, and growing 1k by the minute you delay.

Before creating Ilum, all the Dev's had to do was ask two fundamental questions:

Is there anything about the new additions that can be exploited?

Is your customer base primarily human?

If the answer to both of these questions is "yes", then they probably should have tweaked the patch before releasing it, as humans take every opportunity to exploit anything they can in an MMO.

It's almost like they didn't know who they were designing the game for.

Dev 1 "I have a great idea! Let's create turrets that respawn indefinitely and grant tons of Valor"!

Dev 2 "I like it! Do you think this will in any way go badly, though?"

Dev 1 "Yeah, right. What could possibly go wrong?"

Dev 2 "Well, uh..what if the server isn't balanced? What if there are more Imperials?"

Dev 1 "What? Shut up! What do you think this is? Wow? Even if the factions are unbalanced, I trust our players will do the right thing."

Dev 2 "Alrighty. Sounds good to me. Let's go get lunch. Let me just leave this $100 bill hanging out of my pocket while we walk there."

A potential issue? A baby needing a diaper change is a potential issue.

This is a diaper that is exploded and has sprayed it on the ceilings. The public test servers have notations about this issue. Anyone who voiced concerns did so about this exact problem. Bioware knew this was a possibility yet rolled it out. There are two explanations:

Lack of concern on the PVP environment.

Ignorance.

Neither is acceptable and there is only one appropriate response: PVP status and valor rolled back to pre-patch. No other resolution is the correct one. No punishment should be given to the Sith players who are using the Bioware game mechanics, despite their poor design.

I for one don't expect a perfect game and am personally lenient with the game's shortcomings, but something of this nature post release should be immediately addressed and rectified. Once people begin paying it is time to step up to the plate and the grace period of fixing mistakes is closed.

Yeah if something isn't done about it like rolling back the exploiters some legit players would rage quit over it.

I am only Valor 22 or something and I'm stuck at work so I'll keep playing but this is a big problem.

If I have to face teams of full Battlemaster gear they got in one day in warzones I'd probably quit too.

Thank you for a nice thread atleast!

But I dont understand what needs discussing? You have let a huge exploit slip through your nets (even with a postponed release) and it needs a fix and reset of the servers asap. I wont even ask for a punishment for the cheaters, since that wont happen. When a high enough number of people does something wrong, it automatically becomes accepted/right.

If you dont trust all the people here talking/complaining about it, then just log into the game and go to ilum. I bet it's the same on pretty much any server across the game.

IMO the only fix you have for such a huge exploit is to reset the servers to pre-patch. It will suck yes, but I simply wont keep playing this game if this is the kind of behaviour/exploiting you approve of. There is plenty of more serious gaming companies out there.

Seriously?

Four hours for a generic PR response?

Man, how did you guys go from Baldur's Gate 2 to Mass Effect to Dragon Age 2 to this.

I am praying that ME3 can redeem you guys. And I did forgive you guys for Jade Empire, just so you know.

Well, it seemed to have begun when they shut down Black Isle Studios.

It would be an idea to get the old ways of Ilum back ASAP and this doesn't mean next week, but tonight.

Rollback 100% and before tomorrow would be in order. This new daily was a failure, but I believe it was done with the best intentions.

Well, "potentially" speaking...
has a lot of "potential" monetary impact on Bioware...

"potentially" speaking, word of mouth for "potential" game mechanics leading to this "potentially" unfavorable scenario has the "potential" to make your paycheck "potentially" smaller.

+1

Bioware, there is nothing wrong with saying..."Yeah, we messed uo, and we're trying to fix it."

In this case honesty goes a lot further than damage control.

I play empire but have yet to play on the crap that is Illum because I am at work. I have seen enough videos and screen-caps to show how borked this really is.'

I urge BW to preform BOTH an Illum (or server) shutdown AND a rollback for all players that have taken part in the crap that is Illum so far.

Here's an idea about Ilum; change it back to the way it was and just lower the rewards if you're worried about it being too easy. Don't go to the opposite extreme and make it impossible to achieve by all but requiring raids, having kills not count in said raids, and requiring 30 kills a day (counting the ones that don't give credit, about 100 to 200).

PVP was how I was occupying my time while waiting for my guildies to catch up to me in level, but not anymore it seems. I don't even imagine wanting to try doing all this on a PVP server where EVERYONE is at Ilum, and I feel sorry for those of you who HAVE to put up with this.

I fed up with your current state of costumer service and changes being made to the game!

Bioware used to be my favorite company for games!

How can you fail so miserably??

Are your PvP developers so blind and they don;t test the content to massive???

Will never resub!

It's not hard for them to just check logs to see whos been killing loads of turrets on Ilum and roll back their valor...

It is a really stupid mistake, tbh they should just go in and remove them from the live servers for now.

Edited by NasherUK

The only constructive thing I've got to say is:

**** YOU Bioware. Get your *********** act together.

This community has been nothing short of patient with you with all the performance issues and lack of core MMO features.

Each new patch bring NEW performance issues, and ruin much more than what they add to the game. Its imcompetent product managenement.

Rage post? DAMN RIGHT IT IS. It is my damn paid for right to rage at my entertainment supplier, for a service that I pay for. So deal with it.

THe community won't fix this buggy excuse of a client, the piss poor ideas & terrible implementation. Fixing the game is YOUR responsability, not mine.

SO FIX IT.