Smuggler 'In a Pickle' quest design feedback

AlixMV

This isn't a bug and isn't a question on how to do the quest, but feedback about my experience I'd like to provide the developers to try to improve the "In a Pickle" Companion quest for the Smuggler class on Tatooine.

1. The taxi map for this is completely misleading. The green quest indiciator points you to Dreviad, when it should point you to Outpost Salara.

2. The planet map for this is completely misleading. If you do, perchance, go to the Dreviad taxi as it suggests, it next suggests you go to an exit that turns out to be an Imperial base, Mos Anek, and you die.

3. If you consult the larger planet map and think you can reach it via the Dune Sea, it helpfully points you at another exit that turns out to be an Imperial base, Outpost Zaroshe, and you die.

4. If you finally figure out you should be on the Salara map, it forces you to run through the Outlaw's Den PVP area, which forces your PVP flag to toggle to 'ON'. Even if you're on a PVE server, as I was when I did this. Even if you're on a PVE server because you don't WANT to PVP.

And unless your Quick Travel isn't on cooldown (like mine was, from beating my head against #2), you're forced to either wait or use your Fleet Pass to avoid the PVP area a second time.

I'm not sure what the designer of this quest was thinking, but this was a perfect storm of problems leading to a really annoying and frustrating experience for a quest that really didn't have great payoff.

I'd like to request that this be looked at and improved in some fashion for future Smuggler players.

Edited by AlixMV

Encountered this on my smuggler as well it;s especially difficult if you have parts of the map unexplored because you haven;t had any reason to go there yet. But I remember doing this quest on my smuggler ended up grouping with a trooper higher level than me we both were looking for the way there kept running into heroic area or one point a bunch of level 50 imperial npcs/camp was glad i noticed their level before I got to close. We ended up crossing through the pvp area, dicovered a way out afterwards but this kinda was a pain yeh, if they have the time to fix it it would be nice though know their pretty busy and theres lot things would like to see fixed, other small stuff to as well big stuff.

And well just to note,, I also don't like getting flagged when not wanting to pvp especialy how difficult it is to turn it off afterwards. I don;t pvp really either and on a pve-rp server.

Know they got lot to sort out already but give my two credits(cents) here

Edited by OdanBaruq

i see you did a good job not mentioning much of the story in that but if you talk about class quest i would say use spoiler tags :D ... and also i think i have encounted this in the past be4 aswell but not with smuggler

Well, I hadn't originally posted this in the Smuggler thread, may be part of it--I put it into the Customer Service thread just discovered it was moved. :/

But thanks for the tip, if I post story stuff again--this was my first time on the forums. :)

If you fly to the Republic base, Thorazan Outpost, in the Dune sea and head south east you will come across a Raider camp, very close to Thorazan Outpost. Part way through the camp there is a tunnel through the mountains that takes you behind the Imp camps and into your class quest. The trooper companion quest goes to the same area and I did the "run and rez" thing through the Imp camps and found the tunnel on the way out.

If you fly to the Republic base, Thorazan Outpost, in the Dune sea and head south east you will come across a Raider camp, very close to Thorazan Outpost. Part way through the camp there is a tunnel through the mountains that takes you behind the Imp camps and into your class quest. The trooper companion quest goes to the same area and I did the "run and rez" thing through the Imp camps and found the tunnel on the way out.

Ohh... thank you very much for that little piece of info, I also did the "run and rez"-thing when playing my Scoundrel. At least my trooper will not have to do it that way :p