Jedi Exile? - The Old Republic

Sarah_Kerrigan

I was simply wondering if anyone of you have encountered any signs of Meetra Surik from the Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords game in The Old Republic?

Turn on spoilers, please. If you have encountered anything, please let me know by typing "Yes -insert Republic/Empire-"

Thank you in advance. :D

By the way, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Meetra Surik is the Exile.

Thanks again! :D

Edited by Sarah_Kerrigan

In the Revan novel Lord Scourge helped Revan and the Exile infiltrate the Sith Citadel to kill the Emperor, but ended up changing his mind because he had a vision that the emperor was going to slaughter them all. So instead of help take him down, Scourge has a last minute change of heart and kills the Exile. Revan is later locked up following these events.

Another thing that prompted these actions by Scourge is that he sensed that a much stronger Jedi would be the end of the Emperor, who as we all know now is the Jedi Knight character in SWTOR. This is the reason why Scourge is a companion of the JK in the game. I don't know much about the JK story, but most of this information was given to us in the novel. I have heard though the exile makes a brief appearance in the game.

In the Revan novel Lord Scourge helped Revan and the Exile infiltrate the Sith Citadel to kill the Emperor, but ended up changing his mind because he had a vision that the emperor was going to slaughter them all. So instead of help take him down, Scourge has a last minute change of heart and kills the Exile. Revan is later locked up following these events.

Another thing that prompted these actions by Scourge is that he sensed that a much stronger Jedi would be the end of the Emperor, who as we all know now is the Jedi Knight character in SWTOR. This is the reason why Scourge is a companion of the JK in the game. I don't know much about the JK story, but most of this information was given to us in the novel. I have heard though the exile makes a brief appearance in the game.

Can only hope. Would be cool with some more KOTOR references!

I was simply wondering if anyone of you have encountered any signs of Meetra Surik from the Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords game in The Old Republic?

Turn on spoilers, please. If you have encountered anything, please let me know by typing "Yes -insert Republic/Empire-"

Thank you in advance. :D

By the way, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Meetra Surik is the Exile.

Thanks again! :D

When you do the level 30+ FP's Taral V and the Maelstrom (for Republic), the Exile's Force Ghost contacts a Jedi Master who then contacts you, and entrusts you and your group with rescuing the "Jedi Prisoner" (of course we know who the Prisoner is) You get to see the Exile and hear her warning about the Emperor. Then you learn she has been keeping Revan strong while he fights the Emperor's influence, and plants thoughts of peace and caution in his mind.

Edited by JediArchives

• 3 weeks later...
IDK how the jedi knight would get him, but and the VERY end of revan, scourage become immortal so it could be the same guy. You might see the remote, G0-T0 and HK-47 has been comfimed to exist in game.

HK-47 is in the game if you do the Eternity Vualt from the side of the Empire then you have to fight HK-47 in order to reach Revan as to doing it on the Republic side I dont know. Also if you dontdo the flash points do you still get Scourge? and if so on what planet do you get him?

Revan's no hero his a traitor and a coward ... redemption was never his choice it was forced on him by the Jedi council if we look at accomplishment they should have let revan die and the exile live she was a faaaar better character then revan ever was

oh and the novel was a load of horse crap from beginning to end typical revan fan writing complete and outer gibberish the fact that they even included half of the crappy writting in that novel is a insult to kotor 2

the refounder of the jedi order deserves better then being some force ghost in a flash point being killed of screen for some 3rd rate authors amusment :mad:

That so-called "3rd rate author" has been heavily involved in the writing of several different BioWare games - Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

yes because writing a series of trashy novels make a you a Superb writer to be honest novels should NEVER be canon even soft canon the authors often have no idea what the heck they are writing about just their delusional fantasy half this credited “super” novel writers haven't even played the game as far as I’m concerned if it it didn't happen in game it NEVER happened for bioware to skrew over their own game series by adding outside sources for what happened after kotor 2 is just meh they should have more respect for their own games

kotor 2 may have been incomplete but even then it was a million times better then kotor 1 plus the restoration project mod fixes it a lot and makes it better I just hope there a option to stab that cowardly traitor down heck make it a dark side option …. die ravan and take your ravanites with you :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the Revan novel and though I am a big fan of both characters, I do agree that Meetra got shafted. She was a cool character and her end was kinda lame. Same with T3:(

Sadly I didn't realize the Malestrom FP would give the story away a little, so I had played that last weekend. I did enjoy it though and was hoping cool things would become of Revan. Reading some of the posts about other FPs, it doesnt seem that way. Bummer.

yes because writing a series of trashy novels make a you a Superb writer to be honest novels should NEVER be canon even soft canon the authors often have no idea what the heck they are writing about just their delusional fantasy half this credited “super” novel writers haven't even played the game as far as I’m concerned if it it didn't happen in game it NEVER happened for bioware to skrew over their own game series by adding outside sources for what happened after kotor 2 is just meh they should have more respect for their own games

kotor 2 may have been incomplete but even then it was a million times better then kotor 1 plus the restoration project mod fixes it a lot and makes it better I just hope there a option to stab that cowardly traitor down heck make it a dark side option …. die ravan and take your ravanites with you :rolleyes:

You might want to calm down, it is only a video game.

Kotor I was WAY better storyline then Kotor II !!! :eek:

Yes maybe the gameplay was better in Kotor II(should be, it's a sequel so they have to improve), but the story with the entire Kreia-stuff... Not really...

It's only after reading the novel Revan that I understood who The Exile was, in the game it just seems so pointless sometimes, with al those boring discussions with Kreia...

If it were me, I would have shoved the ***** out of the airlock of the Pegasus, it was so obvious she was going to betray The Exile by killing the Order. Seems so pointless too, you spend an entire game saving 3 Jedi Masters, then suddenly they get killed...

I just didn't have the feeling of really living the story, and I played the story entirely(every plot, quest and conversation was made, I also played the game multiple times)

I'm sorry but IMO Kotor I > Kotor II :)

Yes maybe the gameplay was better in Kotor II(should be, it's a sequel so they have to improve), but the story with the entire Kreia-stuff... Not really...

This exactly, i totally agree. If Kotor I had the same gameplay and the psudo Advanced classes you could unlock there would be no contest.

Whenever i replay Kotor II i tend to get to Malachor V and stop playing cause the ending is so blah.

It should be old news at this point, but do people forget that KOTOR 2 was an unfinished game? the entire ending was cut out of the game. Of course this does not chage the reality of what is, but I think its important to keep in mind when comparing the two.

I found myself more entrenched in the KOTOR 2 story up until it went all whack, than I did with KOTOR 1.

It's only after reading the novel Revan that I understood who The Exile was, in the game it just seems so pointless sometimes, with al those boring discussions with Kreia...

If it were me, I would have shoved the ***** out of the airlock of the Pegasus, it was so obvious she was going to betray The Exile by killing the Order. Seems so pointless too, you spend an entire game saving 3 Jedi Masters, then suddenly they get killed...

I just didn't have the feeling of really living the story, and I played the story entirely(every plot, quest and conversation was made, I also played the game multiple times)

The part where KOTOR II wins over KOTOR I apart from being better in terms of graphic etc is the fact that KOTOR I is more hollywoodish with the end etc where KOTOR II has more tragical storyline all over...

Thats why i loved KOTOR II.... i knew How KOTOR I will end the second i installed it i had no such feeling in KOTOR II.

KotOR is just A New Hope 4,000 years ago, it is incredibly over-rated for a rip-off, it also has an incredibly childish morality system, it's a choice between being the ultimate Jedi saint that saves the orphan or the dumb**** evil 4 Lolz that kills the orphan with lightning for no reason.

KotOR II is far more mature, you don't have a silly amount of plot armour on and you aren't the ultimate hero/villain with Jesus level praise, you are just a person, and you have the decision to follow the path of Darth Nihilus which turns you into nothing but a wound or you can try and do whatever you can for the republic and the Jedi you still defend, you won't wage epic wars, you'll just fight your battles, no praise or rewards but being a Jedi, which is exactly the point.

Because of what Meetra Surik did, all life was saved from Nihilus and then Traya, she Stabilised the Republic and stopped it's collapse, she rebuilt the Order and trained several padawans at the sametime, her actions saved the Republic, the Jedi, and all life, she was never rewarded for it or commended for it, she had no support in her actions, just belief In The Jedi way and

she even saved Revan, gave her life for him and the Republic, a FAR better character than the all powerful Revanchist

KotOR is just A New Hope 4,000 years ago, it is incredibly over-rated for a rip-off, it also has an incredibly childish morality system, it's a choice between being the ultimate Jedi saint that saves the orphan or the dumb**** evil 4 Lolz that kills the orphan with lightning for no reason.

KotOR II is far more mature, you don't have a silly amount of plot armour on and you aren't the ultimate hero/villain with Jesus level praise, you are just a person, and you have the decision to follow the path of Darth Nihilus which turns you into nothing but a wound or you can try and do whatever you can for the republic and the Jedi you still defend, you won't wage epic wars, you'll just fight your battles, no praise or rewards but being a Jedi, which is exactly the point.

Because of what Meetra Surik did, all life was saved from Nihilus and then Traya, she Stabilised the Republic and stopped it's collapse, she rebuilt the Order and trained several padawans at the sametime, her actions saved the Republic, the Jedi, and all life, she was never rewarded for it or commended for it, she had no support in her actions, just belief In The Jedi way and

she even saved Revan, gave her life for him and the Republic, a FAR better character than the all powerful Revanchist

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I liked Revan, but I always found the Exile to be a much more interesting character. Plus, all the fanboys who parade around Revan like he is some amazing, God-like, avatar of pure unstoppable awesome put me off him a lot.

The Exile was just that, an exile. It was a far better plot point than "Lolamnesia". Yes, finding out YOU are Darth Revan was a decent twist purely for the shock factor, but that is all it was, a shock. The Exile never had that.

Edited by WhoDaresWins